“Worst hotel I have stayed in for a long time”

Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Wolverhampton
Wales
“Worst hotel I have stayed in for a long time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

Hotel is very tired. Had a very poor nights sleep in the hot, dirty room. There was an unsafe hairdryer in the room, when we asked for another, we were provided with one that had melted and had the plug removed before being supplied with another that had not been PAT tested. Leaking shower, broken furniture on the terrace. Would not recommend......

2 Thank Miss_Saffy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Devon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

Whilst hotel and spa are pretty shabby there are some great prices available so I congratulate the hotel for recognising that it has to adjust its prices to fit the product. We got a twin on a Sat night for £49 which, when you compare it to B&Bs, I think is good value considering you get a bar, pool, restaurant. I would never pay rack rate for this hotel but happy to stay there again at these prices. As said in many other reviews - corridors and bedroom very hot.

Bristol
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

Definitely not one for a romantic spa weekend away. Ok for a quick stopover and dont mind it being hot (room that is). Check-in was swift. Breakfast was good. Pool was small. Really could do with a lick of paint. But the hotel was sooo hot. The radiators were not on in our room and the sliding (non-lockable) window was open fully and it was still boiling hot. Please management sort it out for your future customers!

Maidstone, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

From what was meant to be a 4 star hotel this seemed a joke. Our first room had a beautiful view of beer kegs and an unbearable noise from a fan outside. There were cracks in the furnishing and a leak in the ceiling. Once our room was changed we were very happy with the new room and we decided to have something to eat, the starter was nice however my main course I found unedable and my partner was sick all morning after eating his. The hotel itself seemed a bit run down and the staff did not give the customer service you would expect. The hotel was not terrible as downstairs seemed to be well thought out and there was no arguments when we requested a room change however I would not stay here again. The general area was not great and there were little tourist attractions.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Wolverhampton hotels

Saint Charles, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

If you're tired of quaint villages, historic cities, towering cathedrals, castles, and the good side of England, then go to Wolverhampton. Really, if you want a balanced picture and want to see the other side of the tracks, go to Wolverhampton. It is a hard-bitten industrial city that is no one's tourist destination ut is the destination of many people from Great Britain's once far-flung empire. You are as likely to see a mosque or Hindu temple as an Anglican church. The Park Hill has seen better days. Ramada is not putting a lot of money into this property and it is frayed around the edges--worn and stained carpets for example. It started out as a private residence, was once a boarding school, and is now a popular site for receptions and high-school proms and the spa is a big attraction. It has two restaurants attached, a very good Indian and an average English. The location is not convenient to anything, but the cab rates are low and there is a bus stop three blocks away.

Room Tip: ask not to be placed on the same floor as the high-school prom goers
Dudley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed with my partner when we attended a family wedding reception. I was suprise at the size of the place especially after driving through the streets towards it...it appeared from nowhere so to speak. I was worried about parking but when we got there we had nothing to worry about there was ample parking...quite alot in fact. The decor of the reception was nice and check in was prompt and pholite. we noticed as we walked up the stairs to our room how warm it was in the corridors. It was like a sauna and quite alot at the party commented how warm the hotel was, nice in the winter but not so in july. our romm was very nice and the deccor was very tasteful. We were at the back of the hotel overl looking grassland. i t was very quiet and all the noise we could hear were the birds whistling. the room had all hotel facilited you would expect complementry tea/coffee and bath items. The room was clean and tidy also. The party the room was held in was very pleasant all white it seemed. The beer drinks were pretty reasonable but all the beer we tried were not up to standard. Mostly flat (bitter, lager,guinness) the bar staff were not too organised a bit like headless chickens at times and one could not speak very good english at all..
The Room was very quiet at night we only heard one couple come back next door but not much noise at all which is my main problem when stopping at a hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable and due to the room being so warm (radiaotrs on in july etc) we had to have the large windows wide open. The water in the bacthroom was not just hot but it was acually scalding hot.
There was a fan in our room which we used and when the morning staff were cleaning vacant rooms on our way to breakfast we noticed they had fans plugged into sockets in the corridors so it is not only the guests who felt the heat.
Breakfast was very good full english and choice of cereal criossants, fruit, yogurts etc. Service at the table was very good for tea, coffee and clearing of the table etc. Overall a pleasant stay. good value room for £60 inc breakfast but rooms and corridors far to warm and water far far too hot

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room overlooking the back of hotel not fantastic site but very quiet
Leeds
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

The first glitch was on arrival - the hotel could not find the booking in our names although we had written confirmation of the booking. When we were entered the corridor leading to our rooms the heat hit you like a wall which should have been a warning of what was to come. Unfortunately neither of us could enter our bedrooms as the key did not work. I went back to reception and they recoded the key but still it did not work. The receptionist was very apologetic and came with us for the third attempt but she could not work it either so new rooms were issued. As soon as I entered the room I felt the heat and the window was wide open (it was a miserable wet day so the heat was inside!) The furnishings were probably fashionable in the eighties but looked sad. I bent down to plug in my laptap and the skirting boards were absolutely filthy - you could wipe the greasy dust off with your fingers. YUK! I went down to reception and showed them dirt and asked if I could move rooms as it was so hot. The radiator was not on but a pipe runs through all the rooms to carry the hot water apparently and that explained why the annexe part was so hot. I was given a room in the main building which although cleaner was very tired looking. The mirror was cracked and there was not even a desk to work on. After my colleague and I returned to the hotel in the evening we intended to sit in the reception area working on our laptops (remember - no desk in my bedroom) but unfortunately when we came to use the electric socket we found it was not screwed into the wall properly therefore probably I could have given myself a home perm had I used it! There was no hot water when I came to go to bed and when I drew the curtains half of one came off the rail. Next morning I had to have a cold shower as again there was no hot water. As a controlled experiment I left the shower running when I got out and it took another 5 minutes before the water began to warm up. Envigorated by my health boarding school type shower I began to make some calls on my mobile. In the middle of one call there was a noise behind me and the whole curtain fell to the floor! Need I say more!! Don't go there. The place needs gutting and serious money spending on it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank pennylopeLeeds
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolverhampton
The Mount Hotel
Mercure Wolverhampton Goldthorn Hotel
Ely House Hotel
Ely House Hotel
#6 of 20 in Wolverhampton

Been to Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!