“Another excellent stay at Ramada Park Hall and Spa.”

Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Wolverhampton
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is a great hotel and I recommend it highly – however I will outline some issues that I hope give an idea of where expectations should be aimed...

Although the presentation of the hotel varies throughout the property (due to the renovation works – which seem to have been going on for the 5 years I have been staying here!), the improvements are clear to see. I book a group of colleagues to stay here approximately every 16 weeks and we have seen the changes over the years. The newly refurbished areas look clean, neat and modern. Rooms are well appointed – although; possibly due to the age of the building, suffer with cracked plaster (even in newly decorated rooms) and other ‘second fix’ items that should be addressed.

The hotel staff are so eager to make a stay more enjoyable. For example, we needed a cooler (minibar) in the room and were provided one moments after we asked for it. This was incredibly helpful.

Almost all of the staff are friendly and helpful, many recognising us and welcoming us individually. A long-standing member of the waiting team at breakfast remembered my wife and my choice of drinks and brought them to the table with a wonderful comment of welcome. This is greatly appreciated. – Though often very busy and with a very high workload, they do their best to make regular customers feel appreciated.

The pool and spa area is relaxing and nice to use. One customer service issue: My wife and I went for a morning swim on the Friday we were there only to be told that they had no towels as no delivery had come. I asked if towels could be sourced from the hotel but the spa receptionist ‘didn't know’. No alternative solution was offered other than, “you have to bring your own towel”. I suggested a phone call was made to the hotel housekeeping department to find out if they could supply towels till the delivery came. The receptionist seemed reluctant to do that and repeated that we should bring our own. Thankfully the lady who was cleaning the spa area was called and did know. She gave us towels from the spa back office. Perhaps the receptionist was new? No apology was given which is disappointing.

Had meals both at the bar (expensive but acceptable food - £24.00 for 2 burgers!) and the Anju’s restaurant (included in our dinner, bed and breakfast deal). On arrival at the restaurant the manager (a lady in a different uniform to the general waiting staff) told us that she had not received our booking from reception (this has never happened before and when the restaurant was Kavi the Maître D’ would often meet me in the hotel before dinner to check that everything was ready for my party – even if they booked separately). She seemed flustered at having ‘so many’ diners and said the restaurant was full. We offered to wait until later to dine. We thought this would be a help to the clearly flustered restaurant manager! I asked if we could be offered a complimentary drink from the bar while we were waiting. We were after all helping her to cope with a service she was struggling to manage. This was declined. Another opportunity to show appreciation for a regular customer lost.

Some items on the ‘inclusive’ menu were unavailable and no effort was made to offer replacements from the main menu. We were looking forward to the Gulab Jamun which was always enjoyed when the restaurant was Kavi. We were told that although it is on the menu, "nobody orders it" so they do not stock it anymore! A strange response from a restaurant manager. Why keep it on the menu. We were offered a choice of kulfi, rice pudding or fruit salad instead. Both the Kulfi and rice pudding were nice.

Our waiter, a young man who had been there for just six weeks was excellent and made us feel looked after, yet was fun and interacting with us in a way that made us feel like we were dining with friends. Excellent!

Note to the Hotel Manager: For the last 5 years I have stayed here at least 3 times per year and usually book around 8-10 rooms each time for one or more nights on each occasion. I am also a member of the Wyndham Rewards Program. Most of the staff are very welcoming and note my return custom. It would be nice to have a note of appreciation from the management and know that they are interested in feedback from a loyal customer. The competition from other business traveler hotels in the area offering a similar (and fresher) product is fiercer than ever. I know your main income is from weddings and events, but please take the opportunity to identify the loyalty your regular customers show. Your front-line staff are a credit, but contact from the manager would be appreciated,

Room Tip: Try to get rooms well away from wedding guests if possible! Sadly, drunken rantings (sometimes wors...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark W
Kate G, Front Office Manager at Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you Mark for your review and feedback. I personally want to apologize on behalf of the Ramada Park Hall Hotel & Spa and the Management team that your stay this time was less then satisfactory. We value all our customer feedback, and value all our regular guests who use the hotel on a regular occasion. I will be sure to pass on your comments on the service you received in Anju's, as your table reservations were made via reception, so once again apologies for the breakdown in communication. The food and Beverage Manager is currently looking into renewing the Dinner Inclusive menu in the next coming week so that there is no further confusion on the options available next time you stay. We appreciate you repeat business as i know you and your colleagues always return for your local event, and i hope that next time you book via myself, we can allocate you away from any potential noise and organize dinner more effectively for you all.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa

Reviewed 24 August 2014

My Daughter got married at Ramada Park Hall last week. We had 500 guests and all week we have had people ringing us and thanking us for such an amazing day!! The entrance through the gardens was truly awesome and everyone was "blown away " with the drinks reception and food stalls. The beautiful gardens and balustrade created a feeling of grandeur and tranquility .
From start to finish the service was unbeatable with the entire team giving all their attention to the guests. I am particularly fussy with food and I have to say that the food was 5 star !! Not only was the presentation excellent but each dish was cooked to perfection . I wish to thank Ranj Power and Angela Bir together with their entire Team for making this special day PERFECT and memorable in every way. My eldest daughter got married at Hilton NEC and we thought that had been exceptional but Ramada Park Hall managed to exceed that too .

Room Tip: We had family staying in executive rooms which were comfortable and excellent
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

We wish to Thank you for your excellent review, Ramada Park Hall Hotel & Spa would like to congratulate your daughter on her marriage, we are pleased you and your guests had an amazing day. Your kind comments will be passed onto our Banqueting team and Kitchen.
We look forward to welcoming you all again very soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel looks nice from the outside but inside it is poorly kept, more than once I had to tell them that their toilets were unclean. The reception staff are nice but as for the rest of the staff? They're a joke. Noone could tell me anything about the menu, they hesitated or in some cases did not even speak to me. The customer service is amongst the worst I have even seen and I work in this sector! Not worth the money for a bad time and don't even try to speak to the bar manager! Unless you fit to their obviously very strict class of people, don't stay there. You will be talked to like dirt. Thanks but no thanks and never again. Premier inn ftw!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Kellie A

Thank you KellieA for your recent review. Please accept my apologies for the experience you received during your stay. Ramada Park Hall Hotel & Spa, have a high customer service satisfactory guarantee with all our guests, and I sincerely apologize for the customer service you encountered within the food and beverage department at the hotel. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the F&B Manager, and additional staff training will be given to insure this occurrence won't happen again. We appreciate all guest feedback and the issues raised will be rectified.
Thank you once again, and we hope you will return again.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant with brilliantly different food upmarket decor and presentation
The review is for the restaurant and not the hotel
We had a fish starter to share and Seabass which was brilliant followed by Chilli Prawn dish and washed down with wine and Cobra in a great ambiance

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RytonSunseeker

Thank you for your recent review at our Anju;s Indian Restaurant. We are really pleased you enjoyed your meal. Thank you for your comments on the new decor. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed here to attend a family wedding nearby. The rooms we had were not airconditioned and were west facing. As a result it was like a sauna. Staff provided us with a fan for overnight but unfortunately this brought little relief from the hot conditions. The room was well appointed and modern. Had it been airconditioned it would be hard to fault the property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Kate G, Front Office Manager at Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you Lizziemcc44 for your recent review, I'm sorry to hear that your nights stay was a little uncomfortable to sleep, we have had some warm weather. Our second stage of our rooms are being refurbished and cooling systems are being fitted. Our Executive rooms are subject to availability and are offered at to supplement upgrade which have air conditioning, so please do return and we will try our up most to upgrade you where possible.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here with a fellow umpire for 3 nights.
The hotel is set in its own grounds, quite a big place.
Receptionist was a bit stern faced but she did what she had to.
Not much around, quite a walk down to the nearest pub.
Wolverhampton is a taxi ride away and local taxis are reasonable.
Rooms was clean and tidy with its own patio overlooking open field.
Breakfast was decent and staff were very attentive.
Cannot comment on the Spa and facilities as we didn't use them.
Reasonably happy with the value.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent review, we are really glad you enjoyed your stay at the Ramada Park Hall Hotel & Spa. We look forward to seeing you again very soon, where hopefully you will have a little more time to dine in one of our fantastic restaurants or even get to use our Health Club.