“My dreadful stay”

A Park View Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Wolverhampton
“My dreadful stay”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed here for four days on business during july, i can honestly say this is a pretentious bed and breakfast posing as a hotel.
 It is run on the same basis as a prison camp , there is no front door key you have to press a buzzer to be let in , the bedroom doors are not self locking , you have to remember to lock your door when leaving,
 The hosts want to know your every movement to the point being intrusive,What time your coming back , if your dinning, which , along with the bar , they were overselling,
 There are no lifts here, so you have to drag your bags up 3 flights of stairs, the rooms are small and are decorated in an old fashioned way.
 The bathrooms are small and have a plastic cubicle for a shower , which is jokingly called a spa .
 In the morning you are hovered over by young inexperienced girls, whom, obviously , have been employed on a low budget. We were offered items we hadn't asked for or ordered. When our breakfast came it was a let down fried eggs were overcooked and tasted dreadful and sausages and bacon very limp and not great quality, I've tasted better in a traditional " greasy spoon "
Needless to say we didn't book  places in there restaurant
 All in all we plumbed for the premier inn on our next stay where service ,food , and stay  were far more pleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2012
14 Thank Shooter663
AParkView, General Manager at A Park View Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
This gentleman was removed from the establishment for highly disruptive behaviour for our other guests. We as a high quality establishment have a zero tolerance drugs policy. All our guest are able to read all the reviews and take an informed judgement on the accuracy of this rather bitter and childish review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Chicago
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is a wonderful find in Wolverhampton. It is on the park and a local carnival was going on when we arrived so we went over. Got a taste of real life in Wolverhampton! The staff and owners are fantastic. Beautifully restored old building with truly modern fittings. Breakfast couldn't be better.
We had dinner at Hamilton's, their restaurant. It was truly fine dining; wonderful food. No complaints at all.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
AParkView, Owner at A Park View Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Thank you for your review. It was lovely to meet you both. I hope the rest of your journey in the UK is pleasant and exciting. Don't forget to come back and see us should you be in Wolverhampton again.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at A Park View while on business in Wolverhampton.
The location is central and easy to get to my appointments in the morning with the help of the wonderfully friendly staff who booked me a cab.
On arrival we enjoyed a speedy check in at the plush lobby and were quickly directed to our superior double room which was gorgeous.
After a walk round the picturesque park we enjoyed a first class meal cooked to perfection by the hotel's Masterchef finalist chef and enjoyed a chat with the friendly staff who recognised me from my last visit.
The hotel is family run, but far from an overbearing atmosphere we were left to our own devices to enjoy our stay.
With a stressful day ahead with was essential that my stay at A Park View was relaxing, and it certainly was. I awoke refreshed and ready to start the day ahead.
I would 100 per cent recommend A Park View to anyone visiting Wolverhampton. For the same price as an (often) soulless Travelodge you get so much more. Excellent service and value for money!

Room Tip: I stayed in a superior double room which boasted an en suite bathroom with bath, flat screen TV and...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
AParkView, Owner at A Park View Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Thank you for your lovely review. We always enjoy welcoming returning guests to the hotel and I'm glad to hear that the second visit was just as good as the first. We'll shall see you again for the third.
southminster, essex
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Very Friendly, nice and clean and exremely comfortable bed.
Would definately stay there again.
A trip to Wolverhampton for a wedding. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, from booking us a taxi to the wedding to explaining what would happen in the temple and the reception afterwards.
Being an extremely fussy eater, my breakfast came from the kitchen exactly the way I asked for.

My only complaint was we couldn't stay for longer!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carolanneneall
AParkView, Owner at A Park View Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Thank you for your review. It was lovely to meet you both and I'm glad that we were able to add to your weekend by making it a pleasurable and relaxing stay. Should you ever be back in Wolverhampton for another wedding, you know where we are.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

It is great to have a pace like this in Woverhampton. I travel a lot for work to Woverhampton so I will stay there again for sure. The food was amazing, all the staff really hepful and from my room had very nice views of the park. The room was spotless, very clean and the bed was very confortable. Congratulations to all the staff of the A Park View Hotel because they are doing an amazing job!

Room Tip: I stayed on the front side, I recommend it as you get nice views and its a quiet street so you will...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Anna S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2012

A lovely, friendly, small hotel, just by the city centre but right opposite the park. The staff are kind and helpful, the wifi is free in your room and the home-made punjabi curry, made by one of the proprietors, is truly fantastic, a real treat. You have to give an hour and a half's notice for it but it's worth it.

Rooms are a lower price than other hotels in the city but it's a great place to stay.

Room Tip: They upgraded me to a double because they didn't have the single room I asked for - nice.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank fionacflynn
Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

Cannot comment on the hotel as we only visited the Hamiltons restaurant for dinner - Trip Advisor does not have the restaurant on as a seperate establishment to the hotel unfortunately (can you fix this please TripAdvisor??)

We happened to stumble across the restaurant few weeks prior, whilst walking past and we made a reservation for our next available Friday night.

Arrived for our early 6pm reservation and had drinks at the bar. Was quiet as we expected, and I must say we enjoy eating out at quieter restaurants as you do not have to strain to hear each other speak or fight with other guests for the attention of the waiting staff!! Upon chatting to the owner we were delighted to discover that the chef was a Masterchef finalist! As it was quiet and the owner identified us correctly as self-confessed foodies (!), the chef actually offered to provide us with taster menu off the menu as he had some time before other reservations!! Lovely gesture and immediately made us feel welcome.

We actually ended up ordering mussels for the starters and I ordered the caribbean sweet potato soup. The portion of mussels for the starters was a very generous portion as you will see from our photo, they came with a beautiful creamy sauce. My caribbean sweet potato soup was lovely also, spicy. Starters were given with the homemade bread and butter that tasted lovely.

For mains we actually ordered three to share between the two of us as we couldn't decide! I had the pork belly and my partner had the duck breast. Both were cooked beautifully, and again the portions were very generous. The third main was the vegetarian option of butternut squash whih was lightly curried - again lovely. All accompanied by the triple cooked chips we had ordered on the side which were gorgeous!

For dessert we had chocolate delice with salted caramel icecream, and white chocolate raspberry mouse with raspberry milkshake and shortbread. This was beautiful.

The bill for two starters, three mains, two desserts, a beer and side of triple cooked chips came to £75 which we thought was excellent value for the quality of fine dining offered.

We will definitely be back and definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2012