Mercure Wolverhampton Goldthorn Hotel
Barons Court Hotel(Wolverhampton)
Connaught Hotel(Wolverhampton)
Ely House Hotel(Wolverhampton)
View Hotel
A Park View Hotel(Wolverhampton)
Wulfrun Hotel(Wolverhampton)
Novotel Wolverhampton(Wolverhampton)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsswimming poolwindow framessauna and steam roomleisure facilitiesnational holidaysrestaurant staffweekend breakcoach tripone night staycourse mealwedding receptionlovely roomcouldn't do enoughtea and coffeetown centrefaithlisa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay here at the Mercure Hotel. There was free wi-fi and it truly came in handy. The staff was very attentive and the atmosphere was definitely to my liking. I must say I have no complaints...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GMHOTELWolverhampton, General Manager at Mercure Wolverhampton Goldthorn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Very grateful for your comments following your visit to the hotel recently

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a five day break at this hotel as part of a coach party. The real bonus of this hotel is the staff, they are all very friendly and helpful and we did not encounter one miserable or unhelpful person during our stay and I am certain that sometimes their patience must be put to the test with some of the "Victor Meldrews" that we come across on our travels. When I booked this hotel, I did request a low level room as I knew there was no lift and my mobility is not as good as I would like, however we were at first allocated a room in the business centre , this room being on the third floor. I was a little put out at first as there was no way I could have coped with this situation, I must say though that the staff were concerned and we were eventually allocated a room on the ground floor which was reached by climbing just a few steps which I could manage.We had originally requested a twin room but agreed to settle for a double, we were very impressed with this room which had a four poster bed and all the facilities we have come to expect for the money we pay for our trips, I was a bit disappointed that we did not have a walk in shower, just one over the bath which with limited mobility was difficult to use, however just for a short stay one could manage. The big negative for this room though (81) was the noise during the day and all through the night, an aggravating buzzing noise which we understood from a member of staff was coming from either a generator or extractor fan serving the leisure centre which was below our room. We didn't feel we could request another room as we had already been moved once and we knew the hotel was fully booked, however we did not get a good nights sleep all the time we were there. The food at the hotel was average for the amount we paid, not a vast choice on the menu but we could usually find something to satisfy our needs, all very basic but reasonably cooked, the staff in the restaurant were second to none, really pleasant and efficient. The breakfast was self service but as I do not eat the usual type of fried breakfast it was never too much trouble for the staff to bring me scrambled egg on toast so I was impressed with this extra bit of service. If we were in the area we would probably stay here again but would make a point of checking the location the room.

Room Tip: I would definitely not choose room 81 (unless you were hard of hearing!!) as there was an aggravating buzzing noise all through the day and night coming from the leisure centre below.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shelagh t

Thanks for your feedback following your recent stay - comments have been passed to relevant department managers

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Good staff, good choice at meal times. Leisure centre now mended - lovely pool but only one changing cubicle.
The basin in my room was cracked but offered to replace it within 24 hours.

Main drawback during warm weather was lack of air conditioning in the bedrooms.

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
GMHOTELWolverhampton, Front Office Manager at Mercure Wolverhampton Goldthorn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay at the hotel

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We arrived and the hotel restaurant was full so couldn't get dinner. The swimming pool and leisure centre were closed due to someone driving into the fire exit and no one had fixed it for some time. With the room I booked a twin but the beds were so close together that we may as well have had a double bed! The bath was full of grease so had to get someone to clean it and finally it was boiling hot and the windows wouldn't stay open! Oh and the main room light didn't work!!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Dancingpink121
GMHOTELWolverhampton, General Manager at Mercure Wolverhampton Goldthorn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Sincere apologies for the problems encountered during your stay
I will look into this with the relevant heads of department and action taken

Reviewed 13 June 2014

we booked 2 nights Friday and Saturday and only stayed Saturday got to the hotel at 10.25 am asked the reception if id missed breakfast bare in mind we paid for it, she said yes it finished at 10.30 so had to pay out for breakfast, then when I was checking out checked what time breakfast was and it was 11.00 finish. complained to reception what happened day before and am still waiting for someone to contact me about this 3 weeks later. what a poor service and will never use mercure again, and its old and dated

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Craig W

Many thanks for your comments and I apologise for the problems encountered - unfortunately I was unaware of these
If you could me email my on gm@hotels-wolverhampton.com then I will look into this matter and get back to you