“Excellent Weekend”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

My Daughter got married at the Mount, the whole day was Magical for every one, so when it was time to plan my husband Retirement and 65th Birthday Party, only one place came to mind.
From planning the occasion, to the night of the Private Dinner, the service throughout was superb. All the staff were so friendly and helpful, all our needs were catered for. The rooms were spotless and comfortable and all our guests who stayed, have commented on the cleanliness, friendliness and service of the hotel.
all the staff were fantastic, but a special thank you to Jo, Jason and Abbi for making my husband private Dinner Party such a success.

Room Tip: The court yard rooms are a good size
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Yeovil, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

On arrival at The Mount, I was informed that I had been upgraded to a deluxe room - always a good start!
The room was excellent, extremely clean and comfortable, with a spotless large bathroom.
Evening meals were very good with a choice of bar snacks or more formally in the restaurant, and breakfast was cooked to order. A buffet breakfast is served if the hotel has a large number of guests, but this was fine as well.
There are beautiful gardens to the rear of the hotel, and a large car park. The road at the front of the hotel is quiet most of the time.
I stayed for 5 nights and the standards were maintained throughout. The staff were efficient and friendly.
If I am in the area again, I will make a point of staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the rear of the hotel have views over the gardens and are furthest away from the funct...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
New Forest, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

When visiting family in the area we have stayed here on several occasions and found it to be consistently good. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is always nice and we have always found a table immediately, even on the busiest of days. The garden area to the rear adds to the impressive building. We have eaten in the bar and the restaurant - wouldn't hesitate to recommend either.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed at The Mount 18th &19th February 2014. I hadn't visited the Mount for more than a day trip since 1972, and when I walked through the doors it was almost as though I'd never been away. The hotel still exuded a friendly feeling, which is maintained from the genuinely friendly greeting at reception and the friendly and helpful attitudes of all the staff I met. My room was comfortable, I slept like a log both nights! Over my stay there were a couple of minor problems that were promptly resolved by the reception staff. I was saddened by the limits of the garden, the path where I proposed to my late fiancée stops at the end of the lawn now, but it still is a nice garden. My first dinner was an excellent piri piri chicken, which was so excellent I had it the next night too! All the waiting staff were good, and friendly; there was one problem with my champagne order being mislaid and a logistics problem finding it and getting an ice bucket. This problem was resolved by the restaurant manager and the General Manager most amicably. Breakfasts were fine, my fried eggs were done to a turn, but you do need a manufacturers course to work the toaster properly. It was so nice to have marmalade in a pot rather than those ghastly little pots!
Thank you all at The Mount for a lovely stay I'll see you in July.
Bill Glanvill

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Business trip, but got bumped to a huge suite! Nice food, friendly service - when I'm back in the area I will definitely stay here again!

I was finishing off breakfast when several guys from a conference turned up about 15mins after service stopped and all the hot plates, etc were away, the girls seated the and went and got their orders (they missed the all you can eat buffet!) - impressive service.

Thanks for a lovely stay - looking forward to another free upgrade next time! ;-)

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank N0rthY0rks
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

My partner and I stayed here on Saturday 15th February as we were at a wedding reception at nearby Pendral Hall. We were upgraded to a suite which was a plesant surprise and it was lovely, the decor and cleanaliness of the Mount is second to none, the bar area is newly decorated and of a modern design, the gardens are very well kept. Although I am not local I wil be visiting The Mount again, for afternoon tea or just generally for a trip out for lunch/dinner ,maybe another weekend is on the cards.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I booked this for Saturday 15th February for me and my boyfriend as we were going to a gig at the civic hall that night. The staff were pleasant, our room was very clean, a little small, but homely with clean towels and sheets and a TV. Our room had a radiator where you could control the temp of the room, we had ours at 30C, nice and cosy! The view wasn't great from our window, but that wasn't really important. A very good nights sleep, the bed was comfy and no traffic noise or loud guests. We had breakfast included, which was nice, but the food was however a little cold. The full English we paid for didn't include hash browns, which, to my personal preferences, was a little disappointing. Nonetheless, this was a very pleasant stay at a clean, friendly hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolverhampton
A Park View Hotel
#2 of 20 in Wolverhampton
Ely House Hotel
Ely House Hotel
#6 of 20 in Wolverhampton

Been to The Mount Hotel? Share your experiences!