“The room was excellent, shame about the breakfast!”
Review of The Mount Hotel

The Mount Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Wolverhampton
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed for one night on a business trip. Our deluxe room had been recently refurbished, and was of a high standard, especially the bathroom. We slept well in the lovely comfy bed. The only downside was the shower. It would issue a cold blast of water every few minutes or so and then gradually heat up again. We did let reception know this when we checked out, and she said a few other rooms had said the same thing and they were sorting it out. The Wi-Fi signal was excellent and fast.
We used the gym, which was possibly the smallest gym in the world compared to the size of the hotel. They call it a fitness suite, which in reality is a tiny room with four CV machines and some weights. The two of us used it around 5.30pm and there were three other people in there already, so we were kind of tripping over each other! I think for the size of the hotel it should be much bigger.
We didn't have an evening meal at the hotel, but had breakfast in the morning. It was buffet style, not freshly cooked but with waitress service. Unfortunately it was dissappointing (rubbery scrambled egg, dry beans, hard bacon). I'm glad I'm not gluten free as the offering was a brown lump wrapped in clingfilm! We were only offered one cup of coffee and waitresses didn't seem that interested. It was a shame as this is the last impression you have. Overall we would stay again as the room and hotel itself is lovely.

Room Tip: The extra money for deluxe room is worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
WHMH, General Manager at The Mount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Sarah F,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and to comment on the high standard of deluxe rooms we have here at the hotel as well as how comfy they are.
Due to the nature of the Grade 2 listed building we wanted to without compromising the décor of the building offer all our guests the facility of a fitness suite so that we could cater for all guests needs and requirements.
I will also pass on your comments and experience at breakfast to my relevant managers and I can assure you that we will continue as a hotel and team to constantly improve our service and our product.

We look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Having moved away from the area I recently came back to visit family and friends. I stayed for 2 nights and received great service through out. The room was very clean and modern, I believe there is currently a full refurbishment under way but I was lucky enough to get one of the newly finished rooms. I didn't intend to eat here but after seeing the restaurant adjacent to the bar and the food coming out I felt the need to try it. The restaurant staff couldn't do enough to make sure I enjoyed my time, especially Jackie, this standard was then upheld by the great food. Having gone straight into mains I went for the homemade pistachio and olive oil cake for desert which certainly finished my dining experience off well. The full restaurant menu was also available in the rooms which is a lot better than the usual sandwiches and soup available in other places I've stayed. Breakfast was plated with a team of waitresses, the full English was brilliant and set me up for the day and my long drive home on my departure. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay from arrival to departure and would highly recommend. I will be returning in the future.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Karta19

Dear Karta19,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to complete a review,

I am pleased to hear that from your arrival at the hotel and to your experience of our freshly made restaurant food you also managed to highlight the excellent customer service you received from our team especially Jackie who I will personally pass on your comments too.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

What a brilliant night our party was well looked after nothing was too much trouble for any member of staff to ensure everthing went smoothly.Our rooms were first class and breakfast choices covered all tastes.

Room Tip: Rooms are kept to a high standard and are very comfy
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Linda W,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review,

Its great to hear that you had a brilliant night and that our team delivered a first class service.
I will certainly pass your comments on to the team here at the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you return,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Had an excellent stay at this hotel all the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a newly refurbished room on first floor and it was beautiful especially the bathroom, the bed was super comfy too. Food was amazing. Would certainly recommend this hotel. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear amanda3492,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review,

What can I say but Thank You for your Great comments as myself and the team here at the hotel constantly strive to improve our product but more importantly our customer service.

We look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I got married at another venue near by and required a lot of accommodation for our guests. From the beginning The Mount were amazing, in particular Stella who is the Front of House Manager. Nothing was too much trouble and throughout she endeavoured to make our stay enjoyable. We changed the booking and numbers several times, but nothing was a problem.

The rooms were nice, and many of our guests were staying in recently refurbished rooms. Everyone commented that they were nice. We stayed in a suite, which was HUGE!

The breakfast was lovely. On our first morning it was in a really lovely room that was in a period style. On our second morning it was in a more modern room. The food was excellent and again the service was excellent.

The bar was really nice and well priced. We used it after the wedding into the very early hours of the morning and again the next afternoon.

We would definitely recommend this hotel!

Thanks to all for making our stay so pleasant!

Room Tip: Ask for recently refurbished
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rachael19853

Dear rachael19853,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review,

It was great to read on your review that Stella our Front of House Manager looked after you and your reservation bookings so that you and your party could enjoy the rest of your stay.

I will personally pass on your comments to all the teams regarding the excellent food and customer service you received during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Had a great time at the mount the staff were so courteous and put you at ease the minute you signed in , the room was impeccable and the food was out of this world , it's definitely worth a night there , can't wait until next time

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Carl H,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review,

Also Thank you for writing an excellent customer review from the moment you arrived to the moment you departed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel,

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Arrived at the hotel only to be greeted with extremely friendly and helpful staff. Prior to dining we had drinks in the bar area where the staff yet again were helpful and friendly. The evening meal was excellent and there was good choice on the menu. The room was very clean and both myself and my partner really enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear wayne s,

Firstly Thank you for taking the time to complete a review,

It was great to read that from your arrival at the hotel you experienced our extremely friendly and helpful staff and I will certainly pass on your comments about the food and the menu choice to our chef and his team.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Carlo Petza

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolverhampton
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
#7 of 21 in Wolverhampton
Hogarths Hotel
Hogarths Hotel
#1 of 2 in Dorridge

Been to The Mount Hotel? Share your experiences!