“Great place to stay”
Review of The Mount Hotel

The Mount Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Wolverhampton
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I found the staff to be genuinely friendly and helpful and I think that makes a difference nowadays. Lovely hotel with a luxury feel from the suit of armour in reception, up the gallery staircase to a spacious room with a big comfy bed. I've stayed in other places around Wolverhampton but nothing has matched The Mount. I was able to stay in one of the newly refurbished suites, room 34 that I think was called the garden room. Fantastic décor with a great view. I didn't eat in the restaurant during the evening but enjoyed a cracking breakfast the next morning. If you want a comfortable, no stress stay in Wolverhampton then go here!!

Room Tip: Room 34 (or the Garden Suite?) is newly refurbished and the place to choose for a treat.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Davewilliams2012
WHMH, General Manager at The Mount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Davewilliams2012,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review.

Thank you also for your fantastic feedback on your stay experience, it was amazing to read that not only did you enjoy the facilities and the room but the staff service you experienced was genuine which i agree is hard to find these days but the team here are fantastic and are constantly improving in all aspects of service for all our guests, i will be passing your comments onto the teams.

I look forward to seeing you return.

There are newer reviews for The Mount Hotel

Reviewed 21 April 2014

A work college book me in here as a stop over on my way back up North, found the hotel very easy and very pleasing on arrive. At reception I was booked in quick and advise on my room location. The room was very impressive with a large comfy bed, large bathroom and usual quality hotel accessories. I didn't eat in the hotel that evening but the bar was fairly busy and had a good atmosphere. As I always mention in hotel reviews the shower was excellent very powerful and wakes you up(as I stay away a fair bit this is always on my list to mention). Breakfast was set out and I received good prompt service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank paul m

Dear Morriestravels,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review,

I am very please to hear that your work had booked you in to our hotel.

Its great to read your feedback on your stay and that the levels of service you received from check in to check out was perfect and also the comments on the room and the amenities.

I hope you stay again.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed over night 31st March staff are really good especially the young girl in the restaurant only complaint was the creaking floor boards , found it hard to get a decent nights sleep but its a very old building with some lovely features , don't expect a modern touch

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank james s

Dear james s,

Thank you for completing a review.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and can assure you that we are going through a refurbishment programme to ever improve the hotel and to modernise certain elements but also to keep in line with the bespoke Grade 2 features of the property.

i look forward to seeing you return.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights, and were impressed upon arrival at how grand the hotel was.
We had been upgraded to one of their newly re-decorated rooms, which was lovely and modern with a good shower.
we were disappointed with the breakfast though, when we arrived in the breakfast room, we had to wait for someone to appear to 'sign' us off their list. Then there was no clean or relaid tables, There was very little food left when we went to the hot plate - my husbands cooked breakfast consisted of 1 sausage and 2 piece of very crispy bacon.
I had to go on the scrounge for some sugar and a tea spoon for my tea, as the sugar had not been replaced on the table.
I think we just appeared at the wrong time of morning - but really you would expect a hotel of this standard to be able to keep on top of tables and food replenishment.
We didn't go down for breakfast the next day even though it was part our booking.

Saying that if we had to we would stay again as the hotel was nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Edgecombe_aa

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review.

I am glad that you liked the hotel and that we could give you a complimentary upgrade on arrival.
I do also want to apologise for the breakfast standard which you encountered during your stay and can assure you that this is very unusual at this hotel as we cater for all and have created a breakfast to improve our customers journey.

I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

pre booked this hotel from a cheap booking site, for a one night stop off on a long journey north to south. myself and my young daughter. when we arrived we were amazed at the grandeur of inside of the hotel, with a grand staircase and knights in Armour. staff were very friendly and helpful. we could see that they were updating common areas of the hotels to a very high standard. our room more than exceeded our expectations, it was clean and modern. we had tea in the bar, we did have to wait over 45mins for our food, considering we were 2 of 5 guests sat in the bar area, it could of been quicker. but food was lovely when it arrived. we slept well, no noise from other areas of the hotel. a large section of breakfasts are on offer and serving staff were friendly. would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura C

Dear Laura C,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review.

I am very pleased to hear that you found the hotel and at first impressions you were impressed by the grandeur of the property.
We are at the moment in some areas undergoing refurbishment and i am glad that you liked what we are doing and i am also pleased to hear that your room exceeded your expectations.
I do however apologise for the slow service you encountered but we are constantly improving on our guests journey and any constructive feedback will only help us improve alongside training.

I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I've been staying at the Mount a couple of times a year for the last 10 years or so and seen it through several changes of management and decor. The staff have always been good but are now exceptional, very polite and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. The other big improvement is the food, so I'm surprised to see anyone complaining about the buffet breakfast which was perfectly good. The evening meals are especially good and the desserts are a big improvement on before and seem now to be home-made.

Room Tip: Room 46 on the top floor of the old part of the hotel has great views but can get a bit noisy at the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Blinken_Hase,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and also the bespoke feedback on the experiences and changes which have been made during your time at the hotel.

Thank you also for the comments about the staff, service and food which you have seen a vast improvement on your last stay, chef and his team have been since my arrival here at the hotel making everything on site and fresh so that his culinary skills are pasted on to our guests.
The team here at the hotel are fantastic and we constantly listen to both positive and constructive feedback to ever improve our team ethic.

I hope to see on your return.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We had a family occasion to attend and found The Mount Hotel on the internet. We were pleasantly suprised by the hotel as we walked in. It was very elegant and had a novel suit of armour.
The staff were all very friendly, polite and made us feel comfortable .The breakfast was good.
Our room was ok for the price, although the bathroom was looking a little tired.
Overall I would recommend this if you are looking for a value for money place to stay. It served us well.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Em32j,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am also happy to hear that you and your party enjoyed your stay and that the staff were friendly and polite.

We are at the moment undergoing bedroom refurbishment and as you can understand we want to keep this inline with the character of the building plus to also ensure that our guests have minimum disruption during there stay.

i look forward to seeing you soon.

Carlo Petza

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolverhampton
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
#2 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Barons Court Hotel
Barons Court Hotel
#1 of 21 in Wolverhampton

Been to The Mount Hotel? Share your experiences!