“Amazing!!!!”

Ranked #19 of 530 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hamiltons Restaurant at A Park View Hotel is situated opposite Wolverhampton West Park and is a local neighbourhood restaurant on a grand scale. It comprises a restaurant and bar, offering fine dining to locals and corporates.The main restaurant and bar is a contemporary conservatory dining room in a rich palette of black granite tables, that is accompanied by an eminently approachable menu – a mix of sophisticated comfort food and modern British classics. Hamiltons Restaurant also provides the ideal location for events and celebrations with a dedicated team in place to help. With private dining room available for hire, and flexibility across the site, whether you are looking to hold an intimate private party or larger scale special occasion, the expert team at Hamiltons can create the perfect event to suit your needs
Reviewed 20 March 2014

food is amazing, décor is very tasteful, presentation also excellent. get in here before it gets so sought after that you'll have to book a year in advance!!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband and I went for Valentine dinner it was a 7 course menu which started with a strawberry bellini on arrival we where shown to our table each course came which was excellent the waiting staff where delightful you could see they enjoyed there job and they where excellent with us the owner very nice young lady , this was not our first time at Hamilton's we went a few weeks back that's how we found out about the Valentine dinner, If you want a cheap dinner please don't go it is a bit on the expensive side but the food is fantastic.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Having had three excellent meals here before we returned with the whole family to celebrate a number of birthdays. As the previous review stated we were all 'Blown Away' (yet again) with the quality of the food, service and in fact the whole evening. In my book this is easily the best restaurant in Wolverhampton. A big thanks to their little Latvian waitress, funny, quirky, knowledgable and a real asset to this establishment

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I brought my Mum to Hamilton's for afternoon tea for her birthday. I booked it a few weeks in advance via email, and the staff who dealt with me were all very helpful. There is a 50% deposit when booking, which I didn't think was too bad.

We were seated in the conservatory, which was lovely to sit in. The waitress who served us was very chatty and keen to help.

We were offered a cold drink or tea and coffee to start. As I am not able to drink caffeine I asked if there was any de-caff tea, to which I was told there was. The waitress returned several minutes later to tell me that they had run out of de-caff tea. I asked for a hot chocolate instead and was told this would not be a problem. However, around 2 minutes later the waitress returned again to tell us that they had run out of hot chocolate too and that it was on the shopping list! I was not impressed with this and decided to settle for de-caff coffee instead, only for the waitress to return with de-caff tea after finding a box! I have to say that the waitress was very apologetic about this and was keen to help, however it did come across as rather unprofessional.

The sandwiches and cakes were very well presented. There was a great deal of choice of cakes, and the portions were very generous compared to other afternoon teas. We were told that all of the cakes were homemade, however the mince pies looked shop bought- and were in fact stale. It was also rather disappointing not to have any scones (as were advertised as being part of the afternoon tea) however, the cakes we did eat were delicious.

Overall we had a nice afternoon, despite the odd little hiccups. I wouldn't mind trying the restaurant for evening meals. As I think they are more geared up for this, and the conservatory with its twinkly lights would be nice to dine in at night.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We went last night for their fish Friday after approximately six previous visits on Fish Friday plus their Valentine's special menu (expensive but very nice). However we found that the food was of the same excellent quality but the menu choices for pudding were restricted and if you chose ones normally on the menu their was a surcharge £3. The two fish dishes available were salmon & haddock beignets , all the others also had a £4 supplement, the wine which use to be included had now been removed and added another £15 to our bill. For our table of 4 I think our bill was £41 more than it would have been before Christmas. Unfortunately we wont be returning in the near future as this is too much of a rise in cost. and we want value for money.

AParkViewHotel, Owner at Hamilton's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for the review and I was really pleased to see yourselves again with friends.

The Fish Friday promotion originally included a drinks promotion for an introductionary period only. The Bottle of Wine promotion finished at the begining of January this year and has now been moved to our Thursday Steak Night to help promote our 2 can dine for £50 2 Course offering. It wasn't feasible to keep two drinks promotions running on both Thursday and Friday nights.

Friday Fish Nights has become very popular and we have listened to our customer feedback with regards to menu offering and have now included other dishes for those who are not so keen on fish but are still attracted to the 2 can dine for £40 3 Course meal offering.

Every Fish Night menu served has always had a supplementary charge added to the premium dishes of no more than £4.00. The redesign of the menu layout has highlighted the set menu in a different way.

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be returning in the near future to Fish Nights, but maybe you could join us for Steak Nights or our Let's Do Lunch for 2 courses at £14.95. Thank you for your support and feedback.