“Never again.”

Ranked #11 of 606 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Price range: £10 - £50
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hamiltons Restaurant at A Park View Hotel is situated opposite Wolverhampton West Park and is a local neighbourhood restaurant on a grand scale. It comprises a restaurant and bar, offering fine dining to locals and corporates.The main restaurant and bar is a contemporary conservatory dining room in a rich palette of black granite tables, that is accompanied by an eminently approachable menu – a mix of sophisticated comfort food and modern British classics. Hamiltons Restaurant also provides the ideal location for events and celebrations with a dedicated team in place to help. With private dining room available for hire, and flexibility across the site, whether you are looking to hold an intimate private party or larger scale special occasion, the expert team at Hamiltons can create the perfect event to suit your needs
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We paid £26 per head for afternoon tea which was very over priced for what we had.We were supposed to have unlimited tea and coffee which was not the case as we never seen a member of staff again after our food was served.Be very aware if you book a table for six or more you have to pay an additional service charge which works out to an extra £3 per person .We found this out as the manager was screaming and shouting at us walking across the car park to our cars demanding we pay this bill, never again shall we step foot in this establishment as its over rated and over priced.

Date of visit: April 2024
S Singh, Owner at Hamilton's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review and appreciate you posting your review on Tripadvisor as there are always two sides to every story.

May I remind you that our afternoon teas are all handmade and not produce brought in, we feel that £26 is fairly justified to what is included within our current Afternoon Tea menu. There were no complaints from the party in terms of the quality or quantities provided. I believe boxes were also taken for the extra items left over.

Hamiltons Restaurant have always had a policy to charge a 10% service charge on any group parties of 6 at over prior to the reservation. Our service charge covers additional costs that are associated with hosting larger parties; the main cost being additional labour. Our service charge is not a gratuity.
Firstly, we should have taken the decision to have declined your party after your party organiser was rude and abusive to a member of our team when service charge was mentioned upon booking. For the benefit of doubt these things can happen and we continued to host your recent booking.

I fail to see how you were not offered teas and coffees when two members of our team were attentive to all the tables in the our conservatory that particular afternoon. Plus guests are always welcome to raise attention to servers should there be any additional requirements. Our staff are always courteous, professional and polite and ready to help customers.

I cannot actually believe that I was put into a position to run after your party for an incomplete bill, especially when your party organiser was singled out and failed to inform the rest of the guests that there was an unpaid bill. I appreciate and respect the actions from a couple of ladies in your group who came back to the restaurant to finalise the bill. But I don't appreciate being hurled abuse from the carpark.
Again, thank you for the opportunity for allowing our potential and existing customers to take a third party view on our establishment.

Reviewed 11 March 2024

first time at Hamiltons, and we shall visit here again many times, as the food was fantastic, the staff are amazing. such wonderful flavours and staff. Very nice atmosphere too. it is a 5 stars for me.

Date of visit: March 2024
Reviewed 25 November 2023 via mobile

A hidden gem!

Hamiltons is the best restaurant in Wolverhampton they offer consistently excellent dining experiences, the food is delicious, beautifully presented and the service is elite.

The ethnics of the business really is customer focused and each and every time I visit I leave feeling a little spoilt and indulged.

It’s an independent business where you can be guarantee a warm welcome, and often find the owner on site, sleeves rolled up serving, offering a smile and chattering away to guests, which is always fantastic to see.

I think I have worked my way through most of the menu and each and meal has been exquisite, everything is homemade.

The offerings of daily specials and soups of the day provide a delicious variety

It’s a place where your favourite wine will be remembered, requests are accommodated and recommendations are made, A personal experience where your enjoyment and experience is priority.

Offers of pre theatre and Sunday fixed menus are excellent value and there is also great deals on match day, beers, burgers and parking!

I cannot not recommend this restaurant enough.

Book a table and try for yourself

Date of visit: November 2023
Reviewed 14 November 2023 via mobile

Had a Sunday lunch here which was very good. We had beef which was offered as pink or well done. All courses were very nice & price good too
Had afternoon tea here also good -a selection of savouries, unlike many a/t where only sandwiches -there was a wrap, egg mayo sandwich, warm paneer & warm sausage roll & a ham & cheese croissant. All very tasty. My fruit scone wasn’t cooked -Mary Berry wouldn’t have approved however the rest of the selection included carrot cake, macaron, Viennese sandwich & a cup cake. Brought 4 home in the box provided.
I wasn’t happy when the waitress started dusting the plastic ferns above our head nor when she cleared the table whilst we were sitting there putting cakes in the boxes
The place wasn’t busy so think would have been a better idea to wait.
Whilst the menu was on the table it would have been nice if the waitress had told us what made up the afternoon tea. She did mention the selection of teas that were available but nothing about the food. Presentation was very nice -white cloth tablecloth & cloth serviette all in keeping with afternoon tea I’ve come to expect. I do think that free coffee could be offered as an alternative to tea but there is a charge should you choose this. I didn’t ask if there were refills but I would guess not if they’re charging for coffee. I would also like to see tea leaves not tea bags
Would I recommend yes, value for money -yes in comparison to other places in the area. Choice of savoury & sweet very good
I go to many afternoon teas so have lots to compare with
Take a few of my comments on board & this will improve your afternoon tea no end

Date of visit: November 2023
Reviewed 14 June 2023

Good food and friendly staff. The restaurant is nicely decorated. The menu offers a good choice and the staff are very helpful

Date of visit: May 2023