“Rip-Off Restaurant!”

Essington Fruit Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: An award winning farm shop, tearoom and pick your own, with on farm butchery and deli using our own free range pork and pedigree Hereford beef. Our own fruit and veg sold through our farm shop when in season along with countless other local suppliers.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Rip-Off Restaurant!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My first visit to Essington Fruit Farm, and sadly probably my last. Visiting with my Mother for a Birthday treat.

I felt the prices in the Farm Shop were slightly inflated. However the biggest shock was the prices in the Restaurant. £4.70 for a Jacket Potato with Baked Beans and salad garnish! £3.15 for Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich with salad garnish! The Sunday Carvery is even worse at £7.75 FOR A CHILD'S PORTION!!!
I don't know how they get away with charging these prices.....?
The Farm itself is lovely and the fruit, produce and flowers were excellent. I would DEFINITELY return IF they looked at reducing the prices of the meals in the restaurant.

11 Thank elsie196

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Local farm”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Visited on a Saturday afternoon with family. We all had a lunch, which was a standard price. There was a good selection of meals and we all enjoyed them. The venue for the cafe isn't that big and can get busy and fill up quick. Food come out fast so staff service was good. We then looked around the grounds and farm shop ,and brought some local produce. Will go strawberry picking here soon because last year we got some really big tasty strawberrys.

3 Thank Paul_b582711
Colchester, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Immaculate place, rude staff.”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was impressed by this pristine fruit farm as soon as I walked in, clearly the staff who maintain the grounds and fruit/veg areas are very good at what they do. Sadly my 3 year old niece could not reach the strawberries from the raised beds so I wouldn't recommend bringing smaller children to pick here, but that being said the strawberries were some of the biggest and best I have ever seen. We continued to buy a few things from the farm shop which was equally as immaculate and inviting, but it was all tainted by two members of staff who thought it was more important to stand and gossip/finish off their conversation than to acknowledge me. This is an embarrassment and disservice to such a lovely place, I felt an inconvenience to them as oppose to a valued paying customer.

10 Thank Alex H
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
181 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 282 helpful votes
“Great place to visit”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We visit Essington fruit farm all the time as we only live a couple of miles away. Went on Sunday as the weather was nice and they were advertising that their strawberries were out. The strawberries were all under cover and because of the tabletop system there was no bending down which was a bonus! Had a good look at the plants on sale but the real star for us is the farm shop, loads of fresh produce and items from local suppliers to buy. Picked up some beautiful veg, some really nice sausages and a scotch egg this time but honestly could have spent a fortune in there! Really good place for a visit if you're in the area.

ENGLAND
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Christmas tree heaven!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our yearly trip to the fruit farm to buy our Christmas tree and Christmas dinner veg. There is onsite cafe and onsite shop, all home grown by the farm.

Visited December 2013