“Gets a rougher time on here than it should”

Quality Hotel Wolverhampton
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Wolverhampton
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Gets a rougher time on here than it should”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel as it was cheap and near a friends house and close to city centre. The bad reviews worried me but given the price I wasn't expecting much. On arrival the hotel was clean and the staff helpful. My room was clean and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was a little dated and tatty but was clean and the shower was hot. All in all I was impressed given the low cost. Will certainly use it again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bennykill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sheffield
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Attending an event at the Telford Intl Centre, we booked late, this was the only option. First impression as you arrive in the car park, are three dismally decrepit signs advertising the availability for Weddings and Events... Check in was quick, and the receptionist was unbelievably enthusiastic, for what felt already like grimy public areas. I hesitated to get in the lift which looked like one I might expect in a city centre car park, the public route to my room was ominously dated. On first glance, the room however looked ok. Fresher than the public spaces. There were issues however on closer inspection. The only plug point, a double under the window, was hanging out of the wall, the bathroom was unclean, there appeared to be a tiny dash of something red on the wall, I didn't investigate any further.

The clientele on the night we stayed, appeared to be mainly workers, the car park was full of vans, but as we were headed for an evening ball, can't comment on the evening atmosphere, or food.

I actually slept fine, but even returning late, the place looked ominous. As a single female, I felt uneasy from the moment I arrived, only better as I left.

I would not stay here again with the hotel in this state, and would actively recommend against it to my friends/family.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there are good rooms here, maybe there is a refurb plan going on, starting at th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SandyQX

Travellers are raving about these Wolverhampton hotels

newcastle upon tyne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Such a shame that this hotel has gone so far downhill.... room stank of stale smoke, carpet were filthy. The bathroom didnt even appear to have been finished.
Absolutely awful excuse for a hotel.... thin walls made it seem more like a knocking shop... heard every detail of the person aboves sex life! !!!! Never again will I visit this hotel or even a quality inn.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank jenniecole
Colchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Room 91 Smelt of smoke in the bath room door would not lock so could not leave my room female staff on reception was not interested in my problem with the door security bed was not comfterble yes I'm a coach driver but that was the pits coach parking hard to get into and out been in some hard to get pleases before but this was very hard marks out of 10 -10

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 130Wyn
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Our night was ruined by the couple next doors domestic! The very thin walls didn't help and it spilled out on to the corridor... Just beware you're booking a cheap hotel in a cheap city centre... Jeremy Kyle ain't got nothing on this...

In fairness the receptionist did his best and an hour later changed our room. No discount or refund offered though which was very unfair given the circumstances!

Room was clean and tidy though the whole place is outdated and a little dingy, but for £30 a night it's what I expected... I guess the problem lies in who else can afford those rates...

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RunAroundLoz
Harlow, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

My partner stayed here for business and I came up to join him for the night before visiting alton towers the following day. He was not impressed that when he arrived the hotel had a different name on it than what he had booked so he called the phone number (whilst parked in their car park) to ask if he was at the correct place. The person at the end of the phone told him he was at the wrong place even after he described the hotel and the car park! He said the check in service was poor. He again had to call the reception phone number as no one was actually manning the reception area. I arrived later that night and didn't have any problems with the staff myself, we were served quickly in the bar for food and drinks by a nice member of staff, our food was good and very large portions. The room itself was nice nothing special but clean and modern, although there was no wifi in the rooms. I was kept awake until 3am by a group of immature, inconsiderate guys in the room next door, shouting, banging on the walls and making animal noises, and was woken by them again at about 6am with the same immaturity, wasn't too happy about that but not the hotels fault! Just a warning incase it is an area for nightlife etc, I'm not sure about this. The lifts stank! I do not know what of but it wasn't nice but the rest of the communal areas were nice. My partner has said he would not stay here again but I thought it was ok, wouldn't make a special visit but wouldn't avoid if I was in the area again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

The 1-star rating does take into account the pretty low room price (£43 a night).

The nicest part of this hotel was by far the one wall of the reception area that you can see in the photo... and even then they've had to get creative with the angle. The rest is a total dive, old, worn out, dirty, messy, smelly and a about ready to be demolished. It reminded my of my old student digs, only worse.

Having booked a double, we were given a twin room. We walked back and asked the receptionist if she'd mind finding us a double room, since that's what we'd booked - this was greeted by a roll of the eyes, a huff and a new key (but no spoken words). Having walked all the way to the new room we find the key hasn't been activated... back to reception to try again.

When we did finally get into a double room we found a very small tatty room, with a tv on the wall to the side (not in front of the bed, that would be too obvious). There were two wardrobes... but wait.... one is actually the smallest en-suite ever!

On the plus side the sheets were quite new and clean, the tv was a decent size (you just couldn't see it from the bed) and the car park was large and free.

... but I would still never dream of staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple