“Well done Premier Inn Wolverhampton”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Wolverhampton North Hotel
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Wolverhampton
London, United Kingdom
“Well done Premier Inn Wolverhampton”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Another day, another business trip. Having arrived at 11.30pm in sunny Wolverhampton, the receptionist was very helpful and still joking. The staff are very helpful, the room was clean and tidy and the hotel in good condition. Travel Lodge take note! Went for breakfast in the morning in and agin very helpful and efficient. If you want a good budget hotel, Premier Inn have got it right. No noise and striaght onto the M54 in the morning.

Room Tip: All good. The room on the first floor will be quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Credo72

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
Gillingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My wife and family were staying in Wolverhampton for a Family get together and searched long and hard to find the right hotel based on price, location and comfort. Aftersearching on line and reading hotel descriptions and customer feedback we opted for Premier Inn Wolverhampton North. Booking on line was simple and straight forward. On arrival we were met by friendly, chatty and helpfull staff who could not do enough for my disabled wife. More than enough parking was available including disabled parking right outside. On entering our Room (a standard double) we were blown away with how spacious, clean and comfortable it appeared. Not only double bed, dressing table but a huge sofa which was so comfortable you could have easily slept on it (even though I am 6ft 6" tall) - MInd you! didn't need the sofa as me and the wife didn't argue but it was nice to know it was there just in case. But seriously; the additional pillows provided, TV access and excellent bathroom made for an increadibly comfortable and relaxing stay. Moving down to meet our family in the adjoining restaurant, we found the pleasant and relaxed atmosphere continued. Adjoining the Hotel is a superb sports bar and dining facilities which serve excellent breakfasts, lunches and evening meals at very reasonable prices that won't break the bank. The food itself was excellent - far exceeding what you would expect for the price and the staff are agin increadibly friendly, helpful and informative. The hotel itself is located within about 10 minute drive from the city centre but you are actually right on the edge of the countryside west of the city. Access is very simple off the M6 the M54 and I would be amazed if anyone had trouble finding it. Overall I would (and have already) recommend this hotel to anyone. I cannot comment on other Premier Inns as this is the only one I have stayed in, but if this is typical they are not doing much wrong.

Room Tip: Go on the website and have a look at the photos but do not be deceived like we were! The rooms are d...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike H
Somerset
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Stayed at this hotel to break up a journey home and prior to a visit to Cadbury World.

We had stayed at this hotel a year ago and not had a good experience due to the noise late at night from guests attending a wedding, but Premier Inn true to their word refunded the cost of our stay because of that. However, wanting to visit a restaurant we went to last year we decided to give it another try and are really glad we did. The rooms are a good size, I was staying with my daughter and two grandsons so there was four of us in one room. The beds were comfortable and this time the room was really quiet. I found the staff to be very friendly.

It was nice having the 30 mins free wi-fi, enabling me to check e-mails.

Would definitely stay again but maybe try and avoid a Saturday night.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

stayed here last weekend rooms and staff really good however cooked breakfast could be so much better its in a good location and fairly quiet to with the table table restaurant next door on same complex personally id stay there again but pass on cooed breakfast also when i arrived there were only two sachets of coffee in the room although reception gave me more should i think be more in the room to start off with

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Brecon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I stayed here recently as I was attending a friends wedding which was nearby. The hotel itself is very easy to find and is just off the motorway and just a few miles from Wolverhampton city centre. It is situated on a quiet industrial park next to a small residential area. Check in was easy and the staff on reception were pleasant. My room was better than I expected for what I paid - it was clean and comfortable with a choice of firm or soft pillows. The bed was very comfy also. There was also an LCD TV in the room which was a nice modern touch, although it was quite small. The staff were helpful in arranging a taxi for us.

The pub next door is very reasonably priced, and I would recommend the Premier all you can eat breakfast.

Only two very small criticisms - the staff got my order wrong at breakfast but they were very quick to put this right. Also I was situated on the right hand side of the hotel and there was a bit of noise from a generator. However this did not affect my nights sleep. Overall I would use Premier Inn again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Hessle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I stay in Premier Inn's quite happily when it's the most convenient option for me. The hotel itself turned out to be nice, even though it's standard Premier Inn fayre of course.
As usual with PI's, I went to the 'tabletable' restaurant for dinner. Table booked for 1930 and it was ready for me on arrival. This is where it all went horribly wrong.
The server introduced herself to me and took my starter and mains order. Then nothing happened for 30 minutes. Then my main arrived. "Oh have you not had your starter yet?" she asked.
"No" said I.
"I'll bring them both out now for you" she said
"No, I'd like my starter to start and my main as a main" said I
"Oh" she said, sounding surprised.
So, out comes by starter, which was nice enough.
Then I waited. And waited. Then at 2050 (some 70 minutes after this all started) my main arrived. Again, nice enough but by this time I had been served by no fewer than four people - which just adds to my suspicion that there's really no organisation here.

Overall, not a hotel I'd return to given the restaurant experience. As always with my reviews, I don't complain to ensure you all hear the actual experience (on the basis that the hotel/restaurant should get it right first time).

Having said all of the above, the actual hotel receptionist was very cheerful and treated me like I was her only customer that day. And, I have eaten in many other tabletable's and everything has been fine. I'd conclude therefore that service standards are not poorly endemic, it seems to just be this restaurant

Room Tip: Just tell them where you want to be located and they'll do their best..
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Whitbread-77, Steven Hicks, Social Media at Premier Inn Wolverhampton North Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our team ensured you were comfortable and well looked after. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused with the service you received in the restaurant. Your comments regarding this have been duly noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at the hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Had cause to make a last minute booking - found the booking on line easy and helpful. Stay proved to be very comfortable and staff were particularly helpful. Room was clean and spacious and eating at the restaurant next door was acceptable although very busy with non-hotel guests. Waiting time was about 45 minutes but once we introduced ourselves as hotel guests we were seated within a few minutes.Will stay at PI again

Room Tip: Not ground floor
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple