“A bit noisy, but otherwise fine”

Premier Inn Wolverhampton North Hotel
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Wolverhampton
Reviewed 3 June 2014

As I travel up and down the country, I often require a one-night budget-priced stopover at a local hotel or B&B.
In the past I have mainly used Travelodge, which offer very basic sleeping accommodation, with little or nothing in the way of food.
In this instance, the closest to my destination happened to be this Premier Inn, so I checked, and booked a twin room for an overnight stop at a cost of £29 + £2 credit card processing fee, total £31.00!
I was pleasantly surprised by the good standard (compared to Travelodge) of the room, which was light, airy and spacious. It was immaculate, and had a kettle with complimentary tea, coffee, sugar etc.
The bathroom was also more spacious than I had experienced at Travelodges, and it was also immaculate.
A bonus is that it was attached to a Table Table pub/restaurant, so we were able to relax in the evening with a drink before retiring for the night.
Parking is provided free of charge (with a voucher), with an abundance of available space, including plenty of reserved Blue Badge spaces. As a disabled driver, this meant that I was able to park very close to the main entrance, a real bonus.
Having a restaurant next door was a good, if not slightly expensive, option, and we were able to enjoy a decent breakfast before departing the following morning.
The only negative point is that we were on the ground floor, and I think we must have been below a family room with children.
We did experience some disturbance until quite late at night from people walking, running, and it seems jumping around in the room above, which prevented us from getting a good night's rest.
I wasn't actually aware of it at the time, but Premier Inn do offer a full refund in the event that you do not get a good night's sleep. Something that I will be investigating shortly.
All in all, apart from that, it was well appointed and comfortable, especially at the low cost of £31!
I have no doubt that I will be looking for a Premier Inn close to any other locations I visit in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Quiet room, comfortable bed. Very friendly and helpful staff.
The pub adjoining the Inn was just excellent. So helpful and even made me a sandwich after they had stopped cooking on the evening that I arrived late, tired, wet and hungry.
The hotel is a little bit worn in places but the comfort, convenient location to the business park, friendly staff, large car park and its proximity to the excellent pub next door makes it a great place to stay.
Would I stay there again? Absolutely.
Thank you all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have recently spent three nights in this hotel and have to say I would not go back. I was exhausted by the end of my stay as I didn't sleep a single night I stayed there. nd

The bathrooms have a very basic fixed shower head you need to stand under to shower. This is not helpful if you have just had your hair styled and is always tricky to bathe this way! I did not expect this from the Premier Inn.

I booked this stay well in advance and specified I needed quiet rooms. I also called twice before arriving to check we could have quiet rooms. On arrival we asked the receptionist if we had quiet rooms as requested. She shortly replied 'the rooms are on the first floor and the hotel is fully booked'. The look on her face also made it clear she didn't want to hear any more! We soon found out that one of our rooms overlooked the motorway and even the one room on the otherside (I stayed in) was noisy when I opened the window at night. I had to open it on my third night as it was so stuffy in the room. I tried to turn down the heating in the room but couldn't. I told the receptionist who said she would arrange for the heating to be turned off for me but it was still so stuffy I couldn't sleep so had to open the window and put up with the noise.

The restaurant is great value. We chose a continental breakfast daily and there is lots to choose from: toast, cereals, crumpets, croissants, porridge, fruit salad, etc. We ate there every evening and enjoyed our meals and the service.

To summarise I would say that I cannot recommend this place as I would never stay there again. Great, friendly restaurant though!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Wolverhampton North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a relaxed stay in a comfortable environment and I apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Excellent rooms and helpful friendly staff.Rooms are modern clean and very comfortable. Beds are spacious with good mattresses. Pillows are a big thing with me & the ones supplied were plump and soft.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Visited by train, the premier inn is very near, you turn left when you get out station and go through an underpass, easy to find. Bed was excellent, we were on 2nd floor and found it to be extremely quiet, did not seem to be near any busy roads. The reception man was very pleasant and helpful and looked after our 2 cases in the morning as our train did not leave until 2pm, had a look round the city art gallery and museum, worth seeing. It is next to a table table restaurant, although we did not try the breakfast we had coffee late morning in the warm(!) sunshine outside, very pleasant and with cheerful staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Always great and incredible value. The Hypnos bed alone is worth staying for :)
Staff are always friendly and go the extra mile. The breakfasts are good value for money if you can manage to take advantage of the all you can eat offer. Trust Lenny- he's endorsing a great service!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed at this Premier Inn on numerous occasions for work and always found it very good. So when a family group were staying in this area I told them this would be a good stay. I would recommend this Premier Inn without hesitation

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family