“Everything you need”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Wolverhampton
Preston, United Kingdom
“Everything you need”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This place was close to where we needed to be and I was ready for absolute basic for the price we paid, but was very pleasantly surprised. The staff were great, the hotel was clean... the only reason it didn't get 5/5 was I hate paying for wi-fi and you only get 30 mins free!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Aveley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I don't stay in the Premier Inn too often bacuase i have had a couple of bad experiences, but this hotel goes a long way to regaining my trust in the Premier Inn.

The room was nice and clean, and cosy. The TV was very far from the bed and was quite small, but it did a good enough job in sending me to sleep. The staff were fast and helpful at check in, and there was no gaffing around.

I ate in the restaurant which was an experience. I'm not even lying when i say this, but while i was sitting down waiting for my meal to arrive, there was a table nearby with a mixture of adults and children. At one point, one of the children passed my table pulling his brother along the floor by his head, while his brother screamed. The adults did nothing. I had to sit there in silent agony. It's episode like this that make me want to avoid the Premier Inn.

I know there isn't an awful lot the hotel can do about this table of reprobates, but you only get 3 Stars because of them.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

checked in online which was easy. The rooms were great ...everything easy apart from finding it initially which was difficult as signage was hidden by shrubs!
Staff were delightful and value was great

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Merthyr Tydfil, S Wales
Reviewed 3 June 2014

As I travel up and down the country, I often require a one-night budget-priced stopover at a local hotel or B&B.
In the past I have mainly used Travelodge, which offer very basic sleeping accommodation, with little or nothing in the way of food.
In this instance, the closest to my destination happened to be this Premier Inn, so I checked, and booked a twin room for an overnight stop at a cost of £29 + £2 credit card processing fee, total £31.00!
I was pleasantly surprised by the good standard (compared to Travelodge) of the room, which was light, airy and spacious. It was immaculate, and had a kettle with complimentary tea, coffee, sugar etc.
The bathroom was also more spacious than I had experienced at Travelodges, and it was also immaculate.
A bonus is that it was attached to a Table Table pub/restaurant, so we were able to relax in the evening with a drink before retiring for the night.
Parking is provided free of charge (with a voucher), with an abundance of available space, including plenty of reserved Blue Badge spaces. As a disabled driver, this meant that I was able to park very close to the main entrance, a real bonus.
Having a restaurant next door was a good, if not slightly expensive, option, and we were able to enjoy a decent breakfast before departing the following morning.
The only negative point is that we were on the ground floor, and I think we must have been below a family room with children.
We did experience some disturbance until quite late at night from people walking, running, and it seems jumping around in the room above, which prevented us from getting a good night's rest.
I wasn't actually aware of it at the time, but Premier Inn do offer a full refund in the event that you do not get a good night's sleep. Something that I will be investigating shortly.
All in all, apart from that, it was well appointed and comfortable, especially at the low cost of £31!
I have no doubt that I will be looking for a Premier Inn close to any other locations I visit in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Berkshire
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Quiet room, comfortable bed. Very friendly and helpful staff.
The pub adjoining the Inn was just excellent. So helpful and even made me a sandwich after they had stopped cooking on the evening that I arrived late, tired, wet and hungry.
The hotel is a little bit worn in places but the comfort, convenient location to the business park, friendly staff, large car park and its proximity to the excellent pub next door makes it a great place to stay.
Would I stay there again? Absolutely.
Thank you all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have recently spent three nights in this hotel and have to say I would not go back. I was exhausted by the end of my stay as I didn't sleep a single night I stayed there. nd

The bathrooms have a very basic fixed shower head you need to stand under to shower. This is not helpful if you have just had your hair styled and is always tricky to bathe this way! I did not expect this from the Premier Inn.

I booked this stay well in advance and specified I needed quiet rooms. I also called twice before arriving to check we could have quiet rooms. On arrival we asked the receptionist if we had quiet rooms as requested. She shortly replied 'the rooms are on the first floor and the hotel is fully booked'. The look on her face also made it clear she didn't want to hear any more! We soon found out that one of our rooms overlooked the motorway and even the one room on the otherside (I stayed in) was noisy when I opened the window at night. I had to open it on my third night as it was so stuffy in the room. I tried to turn down the heating in the room but couldn't. I told the receptionist who said she would arrange for the heating to be turned off for me but it was still so stuffy I couldn't sleep so had to open the window and put up with the noise.

The restaurant is great value. We chose a continental breakfast daily and there is lots to choose from: toast, cereals, crumpets, croissants, porridge, fruit salad, etc. We ate there every evening and enjoyed our meals and the service.

To summarise I would say that I cannot recommend this place as I would never stay there again. Great, friendly restaurant though!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Wolverhampton North Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a relaxed stay in a comfortable environment and I apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Excellent rooms and helpful friendly staff.Rooms are modern clean and very comfortable. Beds are spacious with good mattresses. Pillows are a big thing with me & the ones supplied were plump and soft.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends