“What more can you ask for?”
Review of Barons Court Hotel

Barons Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Wolverhampton
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I have recently stayed twice at this hotel - for 3 nights on both occasions whilst working in that area. I phoned Keith before the first trip and asked him about the street noise that has been mentioned on other reviews and he was more than happy to assure me that he would put me in a quiet room. I had the same room on both visits and could not have been happier. If you want 5* luxury then pay 5* prices!! Keith could not be more friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable with lovely touches like a bottle of water and chocolate biscuits instead of the type you usually get which dry your mouth out and my bathroom was great. Also, there is free internet access which was great for me being away on business. I don't eat breakfast so can't comment but here is ample parking and if it had been summer the back garden has a lovely spot for sitting in. The hotel doesn't have evening meal facilities but Keith is happy for you to take food to your room and he does sell wine and a few types of beer. If I'm down that way again I would not hesitate to stay there

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ring Keith before you travel
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 October 2011

We have just spent the night here in Room 10 with Arts & Crafts features. A warm welcome on arrival. Room & bathroom comfortable & clean. Excellent TV Two large radiators. Bottled water, hot drinks & Kit Kats. Very good breakfast (£5) Large lounge. Carpark good. Room not too noisy from roads. Star feature is Keith the very helpful host - nothing is too much trouble!

Room Tip: If you like Arts & Crafts style ask for Room 10!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Just booked for a one night trip for the two of us attending a wedding in the area. Wonderful hotel, with great communal areas, garden. Bedroom was pretty basic but clean with a good sized bathroom and bed so no complaints.
A great selection for breakfasts so happy all around! Can't beat it for the £50 or so for the two of us.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I found this unusual place on 'laterooms' and it seemed the best choice for a nights stay en route to Wales with my daughter, and to show her where I went to Uni 20 years ago. But you never know until you are there. It is on quite a busy road but surprisingly quiet and very characterful large old house which has been family run for a long time. It was not clinical and business-like the way many big places are but still had that hotel feel, rather than b and b. The proprietor was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the history. It is not very plush, but perfectly comfortable except the beds but we were told there were new mattresses arriving the next day. There were KitKats in the hospitality tray! which I have never seen. We had the large lounge to ourselves and watched a film. Facilities were fine. On a good day the garden would be very enjoyable. There was an easygoing relaxed atmosphere and we were not disturbed. And the price was excellent! I would come again. Recommended.

Room Tip: Even though we were facing the road it was quiet enough
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stayed 23rd Sept 2011. On aprroach to hotel it looked very nice. We were shown to our room which was room No2. Well must say it was very basic in much need of decoration.We left our bags as we were in a rush to get to a party we were invited to. On our return to the hotel we noticed on the floor blood stains in the carpet also when the throw on the bed was removed further blood stains were evident, now surely the maid should have noticed this when the bed linen was changed.Just not good enough!!! Bathroom is outdated.Also as stated previously the whole room is in need of a full uplift.Road noise was bad as the room is situated on main road.Breakfast was of a good standard no complaints.Just felt a little disappointed with the room.Would we recommend this hotel to friends afraid to say No!! due to our expereince. Total cost was £45 for two including breakfast like they say you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank graham d
woottonbch, Owner at Barons Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you were disappointed with your stay, and would like to outline what is happening at our Hotel over the next three months. We are currently in the process of refurbishing all the rooms and that work should be finished in that time. 90% of all bathrooms have been renewed. It is unfortunate that the room you were allocated has not yet been through that process, and we accept that this affected your stay. With reference to the stains found I total agree that the maid should have noticed and dealt with them accordingly. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and can only apologise for the slip up on this occasion, and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

My husband found the Barons Court Hotel on this website and booked it, as we wanted to stay near to the University where my son was graduating from. My daughter and I shared a double room, which was clean with a lovely bathroom. Lots of tea/coffee to make ourselves. The bathroon appeared to be fairly newly decorated. The breakfast (£5) a head was very good value for money. I/we will return. My husband and son shared a twin room on the first floor, which also seemed clean and comfortable.
We had asked if we could leave the car in the car park after we checked out (on the morning of the graduation) which we were alowed to do, and we were also given a room to change out of glad rags before we drove south again.
I am sure we will be back again, when my son graduated from a postgraduate course next sept.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Traveling with my family in England we have found this wonderful special Hotel. Too bad that we could enjoy the hospitality of the owners for 2 nights only. Surely we must go back for several days. The atmosphere of the place, the peace and serenity that we breathe, the warmth and hospitality of the owners and staff, the breakfast plentiful and prepared with local produce, ....... everything was perfect.
We recommend this Hotel, visit it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family