Lowest prices for your stay
£53
£53
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
£42
No booking fees
All reviews manager keith arts crafts original features plates and cutlery lots of character lovely hotel beautiful building tea and coffee cooked breakfast single room ample parking would highly recommend this hotel would definitely stay here again short stay visiting wolverhampton the ground floor comfy bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We came here for two nights 24 & 25th Aug to visit the Black Country Musium and see some friends. This is our second visit and Keth (manager) has the Hotel looking really good. When you walk through the ground floor its like going back in time there is so much to look at, the lounge is fantastic and the seating area around the massive fire place is so inviting. The rooms were very clean and they have proper bath towels,big enough for a well built six footer and some to spare. Nice comfortabl beds and an ice machine on the first floor, which we used both nights, the breakfast was spot on and there was a sellection to put much more expensive hotels to shame. Keith and his small team could show the big boys how to run a hotel well done Keith. if we are going anywhere near Wolverhamption again i will be going to this hotel

Room tip: They are all nice
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank maryflower251
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I was charged £45 for a very small single room, which seems to compare unfavourably with some of the prices posted on here. Breakfast was extra.
On the plus side, the manager carried my bags up to my room, up a rather steep staircase. The hotel is quirky, no doubt about it. A decent TV, and free wifi. The gardens are lovely and plenty of parking space. Breakfast was very prompt and a good choice of tasty food offered, in a pleasant dining room.
I was in room 8 and I did have some issues with the room, but I had a quiet word about them and they did seem genuinely concerned. I am not going to list them because I think they will do their best to sort out the problems with the room. The problems were definitely not what I expected. I was not charged for my breakfast, which was a goodwill gesture on their part.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Celia G
woottonbch, Owner at Barons Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were disappointed with the size of the room, but it is a single. In common with the vast majority of hotels in Wolverhampton we do charge a premium price over VFest weekend, as we could sell out 3 times over. Our normal price for a weekend single would be £30. I will certainly look at the small issues you seem to have had with the room and will ensure they are rectified.

Karen Wootton
Proprietor

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My first stay here after recommendation by a friend.A lovely garden at the front and the public areas all have fabulous character thanks to the many artifacts which you need to see to appreciate in full.
I stayed in a room with a lovely big bathroom, with lots of hot water.The bed was very comfy.Even though I was by the car park the double glazing meant I heard no noise and slept well.
I particularly like the seating on the back balcony by the door where you can chill out among the lovely flowers which obviously get a lot of TLC.
I'd happily stay here again and it beats any chain or corporate hotel hands down.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel is now our accommodation of choice when visiting family in Wolverhampton and we have used it on 3 separate occasions. The manager, Keith, provides a most professional service and does everything he can to ensure his guests have a 'hassle-free' time. His friendly and helpful manner and his attention to detail make this a very pleasant place to stay. He will be difficult to replace if he ever decides to move on.

Room tip: Room 9 is our favourite
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed for 2 nights whilst taking part in the Tough Guy event close by. The lounge area is quirky with plenty to take the eye - something in every corner! The room was excellent - decent bed, good bathroom, clean tidy warm décor. Found breakfast to be over priced at £7 no matter what combination - e.g full English = £7, whilst i had poached eggs and bacon...=£7 also! All in all a very nice place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2013