“Fantastic & Very friendly”
Review of Barons Court Hotel

Barons Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Wolverhampton
“Fantastic & Very friendly”
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this lovely hotel 10 days ago and it was excellent. The owner is very pleasant and i was welcomed lovely. The room was brilliant. Big and spacious with 32" flatscreen samsung TV (all freeview channels). Very clean. Bathroom very modern. Quiet night sleep and comfortable bed. 5 minute walk to the local shops. I will definately stay here again if i am back down Wolverhampton.

Thank you for the stay. Charles J

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Charlie J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here with my 17 year old daughter, as we had a gig to to to at The Robin 2, lovely place to stay. Room was enough for our one night stay. We loved the decor, something you don't see very often. Being Christmas, the decorations were up which made the place even more homely. Breakfast was enjoyable. I had scrambled eggs on toast, mmmmmm is all I can say. If staying in this area again, would definitely go back. Thanks Keith for a lovely stay :o) x

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Annette4angel
Chobham
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have been to Wolverhampton a number of times and I have not stayed in any really good hotels there. This scores best on Trip Advisor so I tried it. It is a converted large house in a residential area. The room was small but reasonably presented. The features and breakfast were all reasonable also

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JeremyBryson
Howden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

What a lovely hotel Barons Court turned out to be!
I stay in Wolverhampton occasionally on business, and generally end up in a characterless corporate place, but I noticed barons court on line and it looked interesting, as well as good value, so I booked a twin room for a one night stay.
Small private hotels can be very variable, and I've stayed in some stinkers in my time, hence the usual "safe" corporate hotels, but I do like a bit of character, and this hotel has it in spades!
The building was originally a very classy Edwardian gentleman's residence, and the hotel conversion on the listed building is very sympathetic, with original features carefully preserved and a real "roaring twenties" ambience.
My young son and I got a lovely warm welcome and the manager was very helpful, friendly and polite.
There is a decent sized private car park.
The sitting room was lovely and our twin room was charming and sympathetically decorated to match the style of the hotel. The room had a good sized modern en-suite too.
It does feel very much like you are a house guest as there is such a warm homely atmosphere (I mean this as a compliment).
Due to an early start, we were unable to sample the breakfast, but the dining room looked lovely.
There is a very good Indian restaurant (Penn Tandoori, the manager gave us a 10%discount card) 10 minutes walk away, along with several other shops and a pub, but the hotel itself is in a largely residential area, so expect a 5 minute taxi ride into town if you want some nightlife.
Overall, I loved our stay here, and for me personally I can't think of a more pleasant hotel in Wolverhampton, although I guess from the one or two poor reviews on here from people who don't understand the decor, etc, it won't be everybody's cup of tea.
I, for one, hope to be a regular.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Simon C
London
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed for one night to go out in Bilston (c £5 taxi one way). Very good value for money. Clean and well-cared for (rooms and common parts), not battererd or worn. Single rooms not palatial but larger than you might expect with good sized bathroom (inc bath, as well as shower attachment) and wardrobe/storage space. Not at all claustrophobic. Very responsive and effective heating. Well furnished lobby/lounge area - timber beams, leather chairs etc. Welcoming - for example - willing to serve you drinks but also will provide glasses if you bring your own to drink in lounge or room, likewise willing provide plates if you order takeaway food etc. Easy to find on main road on a corner with easy free offstreet parking round the back in a walled off area adjacent to the hotel garden - it all felt safe. Free internet access.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nicky G
Manchester
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at Barons Court for two nights in early November. The house is lovely and our room was large and comfortable, though the chairs could have been more comfortable. There was a big lounge for the use of residents and extra tea and coffee was available on a table in the corridor outside our room. The manager was very helpful and the choice and standard of breakfast, at £7 on top of the room price, was excellent. Convenient for the whole Wolverhampton area, with onsite parking.

Room Tip: We had what was once the master bedroom, with two single beds on opposite sides of the room. It was...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Clive R
Portugal
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have used this hotel 3 years on the run now as we have been going to Wolverhampton races for my birthday.
We booked 8 rooms, as a group of us were going, one couple had to drop out last minute & really we should have paid but it was resold last minute so we didn't have to pay in the end, which shows the honesty of the hotel, as they didn't have to tell us that.
Keith is very pleasant, he has a quick chat with you, but you can see he is basically running this single handedly so he hasn't got time to stand around making pleasantries.
It's a homely hotel, and doesn't have a bar & all the things which a lot of people want in an hotel, but we love it as it has a lot of character, clean & good value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank blueval
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolverhampton
The Mount Hotel
Ely House Hotel
Ely House Hotel
#5 of 21 in Wolverhampton
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa

Been to Barons Court Hotel? Share your experiences!