“Wolverhampton Wonder”
Review of Barons Court Hotel

Barons Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Wolverhampton
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed February for one night. Room looked out over busy main road beyond garden, but no road noise, nice and quiet. The room was on the small size and the mattress on the bed sagged in the middle. Bathroom fully tiled and a good size with nice shower in the bath. However, shower curtain too close to bath hence keeps sticking to you when wet. Plentiful complimentary tea/coffee with a chilled bottle of water in the room, which could be replenished from stocks (including ice) kept on the landing. Breakfast was one of the best that I have eaten in a hotel, thoroughly enjoyable. Lots of character with plenty of artifacts to look at in this delightful old world charming well kept house. Staff were very attentive and will go that extra mile for you - just ask. I would recommend this Hotel if staying in the Wolverhampton area, this is exceptional value for money - look no further. Very well done Keith and Staff.

2  Thank MosesUk

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here last Friday and were very pleased that we had chosen this hotel rather than one of the character-less chains. It is certainly full of character - a full size suit of armour greets you as walk in! The house is an Arts & Craft house and is very quirky - especially the drawing room.
Staff were very friendly and extremely helpful and recommended somewhere local for us to eat (Penn Tandoori which was also fab, although would recommend reserving a table as it is very popular)
Room was small but clean, with large flat screen tv with lots of channels. Bathroom was very clean, although a blind at the window would have been nice (we were not overlooked but felt a little exposed without one) Bed was very comfortable and there was no noise overnight despite being situated just off a main road.
Breakfast was great - we don't eat meat and veggie breakfast was no problem for them (you'd be surprised how many hotels struggle with this!)
Overall a great place to stay and brilliant value for money, would definitely recommend this if you are fed up with soul-less chain hotels.

3  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed here Saturday night with my partner the hotel is very clean the room I was in was a twin en suite the bathroom was big and there is no faults about this hotel we enjoyed our stay and will be booking again very soon well worth the money thanks for a nice stay keith

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tracy j
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed one night. It will not suit everyone but if you like to avoid the big brand budget hotels then this is ideal.
It is arts and crafts building with some kitsch details. Room we had was quite small and a bit dated but very clean, warm and fine for the money (£40 per night). Breakfast was £7 per head and hearty.
The gem (that sets this apart from ordinary) is Keith, who manages the hotel and is very helpful.
If I need to stay in Wolverhampton again, I'll be back.

1  Thank Largesarge1961
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I was suddenly stranded in Wolverhampton when the storm hit, and trains were cancelled. My partner - who was at home - used internet to find a hotel and booked it for me. When I arrived, she had put wrong date! No problem, the staff sorted it out, got me back on my feet, and I had a great night. The hotel is fabulous for the price. Comfortable rooms, marvellous breakfast, and quirky artifacts in corridors.

Room Tip: I only saw inside one, so cannot comment about the others, but 4 was great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul_McHugh
Reviewed 26 January 2014

On arrival I was quite concerned with the location of the hotel. Situated just off a busy main road. However, upon entry, I was pleasantly surprised. I quirky decor, yet lush decor and a friendly manager. Checking in was basic but simple. I had room nine which consisted of a nice bed, large tv (with a lot of channels) & large bathroom. Complementary teas etc, everything you'd expect of a hotel.

I found my stay to be just fine. There's a car park outside (no charge) & free WIFI, just ask for the code.

Stayed in January after going to watch Jason Manford at the Civic and found the hotel to be just what we needed.

Thanks!

Room Tip: Rooms nine & ten are above the kitchen, so don't use it if you want an early night.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph H
Reviewed 4 January 2014

First of all, no hotel is perfect and this hotel is quirky with a couple of minor imperfections but generally I have to say that this was exactly what we needed at the end of the Christmas period. We came to the hotel to find the Christmas tree still up which was a relief as we wanted a final blast of Christmas before fully going back to work. We met one of the staff/friends of the hotel who was incredibly friendly, open and down to earth who took time to chat to us and make us feel welcome. It was mentioned time and time again that if there are any problems that they should be notified and they would do their best to rectify it. The drawing room and corridors of this hotel are beautiful with furniture and smells that took me back to my childhood. The bedroom we stayed in was a large size with a lovely bathroom and in some ways was quite kitsch. I liked the style. The beds were slightly on the small side but extremely comfortable with lovely sheets and bedlinen. There was plenty of tea and coffee (with complimentary chocolate - nice touch!) and there was extra tea and coffee in the corridor which you could help yourself to. I am not sure how they can make a profit and charge the prices they do as it was so incredibly cheap!! I will definitely stay here again and in fact this is somewhere I could probably come on my own to and would probably see this as a retreat, somewhere to come and just get away from it all. This is probably a good place to come to if you want to go to the Wolverhampton Grand Theatre. When I come next time, I will bring ear plugs as there was a slight noise of traffic from the outside (not the hotel's fault) and there was a slight noise from one of the radiators. I am sure the staff would have done something if we had notified them but it was a minor issue. All in all, this is a real gem and gave us a lovely memory of the last dieing embers of Christmas. There has been so much thought and consideration put into every room. Well done on creating such a beautiful place that is affordable for most people.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple