Lowest prices for your stay
£53
£53
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
£42
No booking fees
All reviews manager keith arts crafts original features plates and cutlery lots of character lovely hotel beautiful building tea and coffee cooked breakfast single room ample parking would highly recommend this hotel would definitely stay here again short stay visiting wolverhampton the ground floor comfy bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 November 2023

Booked online, a month in advance, a Bed and Breakfast stay. Arrived for my stay, only to be told "we don't do breakfast any more". No use to me, so declined the room on the basis that the hotel was in breach of contract, and went elsewhere. My request for a refund was ignored - not even a reply. A shabby old hotel that has just changed hands, staffed (when I was there) by a scruffy young man with no idea of customer service who couldn't say more than that nothing was his fault. In an urban wasteland with nowhere nearby to go to eat. Might have been a nice place once, could maybe be nice again, but at present a disgraceful rip-off. Avoid this place at all costs.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2023 via mobile

On arrival at this hotel, I was immediately informed that dogs are not allowed, which I had been aware of, but was told I would be able to bring my dogs as I'd booked initially before their rule change. I had to go through this with the owner before being allowed to check in. Also I had to deposit £50 because of having the dogs, which I guess was fair enough, although this was the first I'd heard of it.
I loved the decor and old style feel of the place, wooden beams and drawing room. Our room was a decent size for the price I paid and the bathroom was lovely, no problem with the hot water or the heating at all, towels, tea/coffee all set out.
Our room was right next to the car park and this was quite noisy with engine noises going till about midnight, also doors banging near where our room was. This is something I take responsibility for, as I'd had to amend my booking and was not in the same room as I'd initially booked.
The only thing which lets this place down is the lack of meals, I don't think anyone fancies driving through Wolverhampton at dinner time to look for a place to eat. I accept the hotel is under new management and would hope that the owner can get some kitchen staff and some meal options soon.
Had to leave early due to family emergency back home. Got my £50 dog deposit refunded the next day so all good. I'd happily stay here again but unfortunately due to the rule change cannot visit with dogs, also I'd probably go somewhere which served meals as well. Good on the new management for taking the place on.

Room tip: This hotel currently doesn't serve meals of any kind, though I was told you can order food delivery to the hotel. Dogs no longer allowed
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2023

So glad we found this quirky, comfy hotel for our halfway stopover on our journey home from Blackpool. Our room was well heated with the most comfortable bed. Thick, luxurious carpets. Great walk in shower with plenty of hot water and fluffy towels, lovely smelling toiletries. Excellent WiFi with charging portal in the room. Even hot chocolate sachets and breakaway biscuits for our snax. A very nice lounge, reading room.
Best nights sleep on our long weekend eclectic mix of hotels..

Room tip: I prebooked a room on the ground floor for mobility issues. We were given room 12 by reception which was not a good idea because of noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2023

DISAPPOINTING! WOW A STUNNING HOUSE WITH LOTS OF LOVELY QUIRKY ITEMS INSIDE. GARDEN OVERGROWN NEEDS ALOT OF WORK
OUR ROOM QUITE LARGE BUT CURTAINS FALLING AT WINDOWS AND WINDOW FRAMES IN DESPERATE NEED OF ATTENTION.
ROOM SMELT MOULDY AND DAMP. CEILING HAD RIPPLES IN IT OBVIOUS LEAK PREVIOUSLY AND DAMP
BED COVERS NOT IN GREAT SHAPE, BATHROOM OK TOILET SEAT BROKEN, SHOWER NEEDS A CLEAN
STAFF NON EXISTENT AND DIDNT SEEM TO KNOW MUCH KEPT DISAPPEARING INTO A ROOM
NO BREAKFAST WHICH WAS VERY DISAPPOINTING
ALL IN ALL A BEAUTIFUL HOUSE NEEDS LOTS OF ATTENTION AND TBH SHOULD BE SHUT AND REFURBISHED
NEEDS ALOT OF WORK AND SHOULD NOT REALLY BE OPEN TO GUESTS AS ROOMS NOT ACCEPTABLE
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND AT THIS TIME

Room tip: BOOK ELSEWHERE
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2023

Stayed for 1 night at this quirky small hotel. I had a double room with a very comfy bed and pillows the headboard though was a little tatty and needs replacing. Tea tray in room with selection of tea,coffee and hot chocolate with a nice little touch of chocolate biscuits. Good size very clean bathroom with bath/overhead shower and nice white towels. Downside was when I asked to order breakfast (at extra cost) I was told they no longer serve breakfast although on their Website a few day previously it stated "breakfast served", so update of website needed.
I would stay again but probably just for 1 night as it is good value, but is room only basis.

Room tip: If using car, small carpark very busy. Maybe take some snacks for morning as at time of writing Not serving Breakfast.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo