“Bringing back the memories”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wolverhampton Speedway
Reviewed 3 March 2015

Hadn't been back to the Wolves Speedway for more than 50 years but once the first race started I realised what I'd missed.

Even standing outside in the rain to be closer to the action was somehow nostalgic!!!

Judging by the full car park and cars parked all down the road it is still very popular and attracts a family audience.

It was enjoyable to listen to the supporters remarks about the away team without having to endure the higher level of profanity usually encountered at football matches.

OK so the admission price had gone up a bit, well a lot really but when you can remember a bag of chips costing 3d (when there were 240 pence to a pound) so have most things.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My dad had wanted to take my two young sons to the speedway for a while so we went last night. We had a great time. There was a bit of hanging around I between races where they got a bit bored but even so we enjoyed the atmosphere. I do think it was expensive at £17 an adult to get in but at least the children were free but for that price I wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

If you've never watched a speedway meeting give it a try, look on the BSPA website for links to various tracks around the country. We've been to various locations but the British Final at Wolverhampton was great, especially if you are an avid speedway fan and better still have a rider taking part. It is a friendly sport suitable for spectators of all ages. At Wolverhampton there is some seating inside but if like us you prefer to be outside and can't stand for too long take a small camp chair etc. as the steps are only shallow and once you sit down they are difficult to get up from if you have mobility problems. There is a car parking available at the stadium.