“Great Hotel at Affordable Price”

Premier Inn Wolverhampton City Centre Hotel
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Wolverhampton
Reviewed 26 February 2014

OK, so after having stayed in the Travelodge a little while back, my daughter asked me for a Premier Inn on our next visit to Wolverhampton for a swimming gala. This hotel exceeded all our expectations. The rooms are standard Premier Inn layout, the bed linen clean and inviting. Everything spotlessly clean. The bed was fantastic, memory foam mattress.....just great. Best of all the quiet policy worked a treat so no noise.....

The pub next door served up a great breakfast too. All in all a fantastic option for cheap accommodation in Wolverhampton...though book early for the best deals as prices go up as availability goes down.

Room Tip: Call in advance and ask for a top floor room if you want extra peace....though the hotel does have a...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Wolverhampton City Centre Hotel

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed for just the one night after coming down to watch my favourite band (Monster Magnet) at the Civic Centre. Travelling alone, despite it being the dreaded Valentines day! I know the hotel (and most everywhere else!) was very busy that night because of this, however I had booked my room some time back and had actually got it for the fantastic rate of £29 despite the occasion.

Staff on check-in were friendly and chatty, and more than happy to book me a taxi into town for the gig.

Room definitely exceeded the expectations I have for this sort of 'cheap chain' hotel. I generally stay in Travelodges and Premier Inns when taking city breaks, but this one was a fantastic specimen - over and above many of the much pricier hotels I have visited in my time. I'd consider both the bed and the room to be larger than standard, bed linen was soft and fresh, and I couldn't fault the general cleanliness. Mattress was rather firm, but that's just the way I like them! Tea / coffee making facilities all that you would expect.

But the highlight had to be the shower; no problems adjusting the temperature, and it was certainly powerful! No pathetic trickles here! I actually had two over the course of my 1 night stay - one after I first checked in and it was just what I needed after a long day spent on trains! Felt like a new woman afterwards! Sparing no expense on my water usage, I will also confess to having a bath during my stay - couldn't resist as I don't have one at home. Again, quick and easy to adjust the water temp and very quick to fill. Long hot soak post-gig, pure bliss! Again, couldn't fault the general cleanliness in the bathroom.

Only other thing I feel obliged to comment on goes for Premier Inns in general - the offer of a generous midday check-out as standard! Can't argue with that, especially when similar branded hotels request a hefty supplement for the same. Just what's needed after a Friday night of boozy overindulgence!

Can't say the view from the window was much to rave about, but given the location that's not really unexpected :p

In summary, I couldn't fault this Premier Inn on any level. It's a pedigree example of this brand, and I would highly recommend it to anyone planning on staying in the city. You get your money's worth and much more!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2014

stayed at premier inn wolverhampton and had a excellent time, nice friendly staff, rooms nice and clean, shower ,tv , kettle all worked well, overall for what we paid, i would reccomend this hotel to family and friends.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Very good will be staying there again..
rooms were very clean and tidy big TV bigger than one at home.
Only 5 mins walk to town center via train station
Make sure you use right post code WV1 1AA
breakfast very good too and childs loved it as it was FREE

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed a couple of times recently and would use again. Tricky to find the car park and reception - it is well hidden and around the other side to the car park. Several other guests were struggling to find it - in the rain. One night I claimed under the guaranteed good night scheme and I was not alone. The hot water system made some weird noises in the night and apparently this is a design fault. Ask at check in for a quiet room! Also the walkway to the restaurant is slippery when icy - very poor surface. There is an excellent real ale pub a couple of minutes away - ask at reception.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the boilers.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Travelling from North West England to Wales. We needed to break the journey. This was ideal. Adjacent to the railway station and very close to a local pub that I always visit when I am in the West Midlands. I've not stayed here before but I would certainly stay here again. The only minus mark I would give about the hotel is the lack of signposting to reception. It took my brother and I ages to find reception. It was easily accessible from the road, but not from the railway station.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Usual high standards at this premier inn; a bit hard to find with the Sat Nav but once arrived and parked up it is easy to walk to the town centre through the subway (train station) at the rear of the building.
We did not use the restaurant; chose to have dinner at agreat Thai restaurant on the main street about 10 mins walk away. Ate breakfast at Wetherspoons just 5 mins walk away through subway.
We were attending a gig at the civic hall just 10/15mins walk.
Great - definately stay here again of visiting Wolverhampton.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple