“As good as usual but AVOID breakfast at all costs”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Wolverhampton City Centre Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Wolverhampton
bristol, United Kingdom
“As good as usual but AVOID breakfast at all costs”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great hotel, friendly welcome, excellent price, comfy bed. However avoid breakfast at the restaurant attached at all costs though, uninterested staff left us waiting in empty restaurant until they could be bothered to serve us,sausages were tastless, bacon was already curled up 20 minutes after 0700 opening time, mushy beans were simmering probably since the day before, and far too expensive !!!!!! Down a peg overall as a result.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Staines, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We have just stayed 2 nights at the Bluebricks. Our GPS couldn’t locate the hotel (they use 2 postal codes apparently - the site displays the ‘wrong’ one ) ... we got to the Raliway Station late at night (we knew it was round there somewhere) but we couldn’t see the hotel for love nor money! In the end a bouncer at a nearby club gave us helpful directions. Head for the monstrous student accommodation building. That’s the best tip!

The hotel was of good quality. A little dirty in some corners - scruffy in others. It was a bit more tired than we have come to expect from the newer Premier Inns. But the bed was comfy and the room had good air con. And the staff were helpful. The Saturday night was a tad pricey (£80) but the Friday night was £49.

We had a smashing evening meal at the Bluebricks -very good quality and served with with a smile - and breakfast was great too!

The place is within easy walking distance of all the City attractions (via a scary alleyway that tunnels under the railway.)

If they had put a light on top of the Premier Inn or an illuminated sign - then we might have seen it from the station when we first arrived!

We would happily stay here again!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet - the place is in a fairly secluded new road abutting the railway
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Evesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This hotel was excellent. Clean and very friendly staff. Had a lovely meal at night and and excellent Breakfast. We were there for a swimming competition and it was so close to the central baths excellent

Reviewed 26 February 2014

OK, so after having stayed in the Travelodge a little while back, my daughter asked me for a Premier Inn on our next visit to Wolverhampton for a swimming gala. This hotel exceeded all our expectations. The rooms are standard Premier Inn layout, the bed linen clean and inviting. Everything spotlessly clean. The bed was fantastic, memory foam mattress.....just great. Best of all the quiet policy worked a treat so no noise.....

The pub next door served up a great breakfast too. All in all a fantastic option for cheap accommodation in Wolverhampton...though book early for the best deals as prices go up as availability goes down.

Room Tip: Call in advance and ask for a top floor room if you want extra peace....though the hotel does have a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed for just the one night after coming down to watch my favourite band (Monster Magnet) at the Civic Centre. Travelling alone, despite it being the dreaded Valentines day! I know the hotel (and most everywhere else!) was very busy that night because of this, however I had booked my room some time back and had actually got it for the fantastic rate of £29 despite the occasion.

Staff on check-in were friendly and chatty, and more than happy to book me a taxi into town for the gig.

Room definitely exceeded the expectations I have for this sort of 'cheap chain' hotel. I generally stay in Travelodges and Premier Inns when taking city breaks, but this one was a fantastic specimen - over and above many of the much pricier hotels I have visited in my time. I'd consider both the bed and the room to be larger than standard, bed linen was soft and fresh, and I couldn't fault the general cleanliness. Mattress was rather firm, but that's just the way I like them! Tea / coffee making facilities all that you would expect.

But the highlight had to be the shower; no problems adjusting the temperature, and it was certainly powerful! No pathetic trickles here! I actually had two over the course of my 1 night stay - one after I first checked in and it was just what I needed after a long day spent on trains! Felt like a new woman afterwards! Sparing no expense on my water usage, I will also confess to having a bath during my stay - couldn't resist as I don't have one at home. Again, quick and easy to adjust the water temp and very quick to fill. Long hot soak post-gig, pure bliss! Again, couldn't fault the general cleanliness in the bathroom.

Only other thing I feel obliged to comment on goes for Premier Inns in general - the offer of a generous midday check-out as standard! Can't argue with that, especially when similar branded hotels request a hefty supplement for the same. Just what's needed after a Friday night of boozy overindulgence!

Can't say the view from the window was much to rave about, but given the location that's not really unexpected :p

In summary, I couldn't fault this Premier Inn on any level. It's a pedigree example of this brand, and I would highly recommend it to anyone planning on staying in the city. You get your money's worth and much more!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 25 February 2014

stayed at premier inn wolverhampton and had a excellent time, nice friendly staff, rooms nice and clean, shower ,tv , kettle all worked well, overall for what we paid, i would reccomend this hotel to family and friends.

Bishops Castle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Very good will be staying there again..
rooms were very clean and tidy big TV bigger than one at home.
Only 5 mins walk to town center via train station
Make sure you use right post code WV1 1AA
breakfast very good too and childs loved it as it was FREE