“Friendly staff, misleading menu” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Springhill
Ranked #26 of 469 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Price range: US$11 - US$22
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Midlands, England
“Friendly staff, misleading menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The first time I have been here in years and the menu had changed drastically. I fancied the sound of the pate with red onion jam. What the heck? The red onion is just red onion, it is NOT jam. I mentioned this to the waiter, he just said "well, that's what they call it". Very misleading. I wouldn't have ordered it if I had known it wasn't a type of jam. The pate was quite nice, but there was no sight of any butter or spread to go on the toast, which made for a very dry starter. My friend had some kind of mushroom in stilton sauce but couldn't eat it all and the bread was very "soggy". I ordered Sea Bass for my main - the fish was beautiful but the sautéed potatoes were pretty bland. This said, my friend had the pork main course and she thought it was out of this world. I was very disappointed as The Springhill is very close to home and would eat here more often if I hadn't been so let down. We had no desserts, my friend had an espresso and I had a Caribbean Coffee, which was just right. I don't understand why the place is so popular, you would be lucky to get a space on the car park, but I was under-impressed. I would give it another chance but certainly wouldn't have the pate starter again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Delicious food and great choice on menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and my friend had a delicious meal here. The first thing to say is there was so much choice and plenty of fish dishes which I love. We were both able to swap things between dishes and our food turned up perfect,exactly as we ordered.I had swordfish steak with sweet potato fries with broccoli, red cabbage and carrots. Absolutely delicious, I ate the lot. My friend had the mederteranian chicken which she too really enjoyed. The staff were friendly and it was very fairly priced. I will definitely be going back.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Get Away From It: 'Big Screen' TV events?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This suburban located social venue is as described on its Trip Advisor page,
catering for budget meals, snacks and four course meals at reasonable prices?

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Duncan M W
wolverhampton
“Yum Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We went for lunch today and can only say it was superb, could not fault anything if I tried, the service, food and drinks were all top notch ! will be back again soon for sure.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kingswinford
“GLUTEN FREE HEAVEN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

As a coeliac I was expecting a pub meal at this pub to consist of the usual jacket potato. I was so relieved to find their menu full of G's (for gluten free) next to many of the dishes. I ordered the ham hock (GF version) and had the most massive and delicious piece of meat with crushed potatoes and a creamy sauce, as opposed to the parsley sauce. The manager was friendly and seemed very knowledgeable about my dietary requirements. I shall be going back there soon.

Visited July 2014