“Delicious food right on your doorstep!”
Review of Lucien's

Lucien's
Ranked #20 of 85 Restaurants in Weybridge
Price range: US$7 - US$38
Description: A family run fine dining restaurant. Dishes are made using only the finest and freshest ingredients and served in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Visited the restaurant to celebrate a birthday and so glad we did. The chilled prosecco was waiting for us as we walked in and from start to finish the food was excellent. Would thoroughly recommend the fish - we had hake and whitebait - sourced either from Billingsgate or brought up from Cornwall by Colin Claw (yes really). Lucien and his partner Jo are striving to provide good quality food using first class ingredients without customers having to travel very far or pay the earth. I shall certainly be returning and am pleased to support a local endeavour..

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Went today for Father's Day and the food was fantastic!! Frogs legs, French onion soup and the lamb shank stunning. I'd highly recommend it and I can't wait to go again!

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

The best tournedos rossini and crepe suzette I have had in years. The frogs' legs were also great. A trip back in time but well worth the detour. Evenings only.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

This restaurant deserves to be full every night. The produce is fresh and of excellent quality. Lovely lobster salad as a starter , followed by turnados Rossini with the most delicious sauce. Generous portions of vegetables and saute potatoes. The crepes suzette were perfect.
I would happily recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

So I couldn't get into the Mulberry Restaurant at the Oatlands Hotel where I was staying so chose to visit Lucien's as it was French and nearby
Welcomed by Jo and given a choice of tables - one in the window was selected.
The ambience was good - and the portends equally encouraging - a bottle of Chablis was ordered - what else ! And it was good.
Jo seemed a tad nervous and perhaps not an experienced front of house
I chose not to have a starter and go straight to the main - Sea Bream and Salsa Verde - I asked to have it off the bone and served with salad
It took quite a while to arrive - too long to be fair and it was largely off the bone but not enough... the salsa verde was tangy enough and the bream was cooked well and was certainly fresh - not frozen. The plate it arrived on was really tepid - it should have been piping hot - the salad was just OK - overall a 5 or 6/10
For dessert in a French restaurant - what else?, Crepe Suzette?
Eventually three rolled pancakes appeared surrounded by a bit or orange juice and maybe brandy and a bit of orange garnish - all served on another tepid plate
I really wanted Lucien to succeed here - he had come out to meet me - a good touch - but he needs to tackle this dish with considerably more knowledge and skill. It was poor.
And everything took far too long - 7.30 to 10.30 for two courses
I think these owners have their hearts in the right place and I wish them well in their new venture - but they have much to do to get it right - overall ,,, 4 Brownlee Points out of 10

2  Thank C John S