“Always excellent”

Meejana
Ranked #6 of 82 Restaurants in Weybridge
Price range: US$28 - US$57
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Weybridge train station is a 10 minute walk away directly along Heath Road (which adjoins Church Street as you walk into Weybridge town centre from the station). Taxis attend the station and can be easily taken to get to our restaurant. We can also arrange taxi pick-ups from our restaurant to drop off locally or farther afield if required.
Description: Meejana is an award-winning, boutique Lebanese restaurant in Weybridge, Surrey ideal for a relaxed lunch or informal dinner. The food is traditional Lebanese with over 50 mezze dishes and 20 main courses, plus steaks for those who fancy a change. Half of the menu is vegetarian - this is traditional in Lebanon - and so the cuisine is perfect for all tastes. In general, the food is not spicy and the tastes range from the simple to the unexpected. We make each dish to order so you get the freshest taste you can when dining in the restaurant, which also means that when we are serving lots of mezze (the best way to experience the food) dishes do not arrive at the same time. However, this is usual of Mediterranean dining - you only have to look at tapas in Spanish cuisine - and you can't help but relax with a few friends, some wonderful food and some of the best boutique wines available today.
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I can report on two more excellent evenings at Meejana. The food, ambience and service are first rate, and it’s a pleasure to chat with Edward and Rita, who are always happy to provide advice on the wine and food, which is varied and bursting with flavour.
The lunch menu is delicious too – and the fresh lemonade and Orange Blossom is divine.
It’s a great favourite of ours; we visit regularly and highly recommend it.

1  Thank franannl
MrMeejana, Owner at Meejana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Thanks Fran. Always a pleasure seeing you both and catching up on life, the universe and everything. Thanks again for the positive review and keep an eye out for a few menu changes this year as we (eventually) come out of this cold winter into a (hopefully) warmer spring.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

Second visit with my wife after I was introduced to this small but very nice restaurant a few weeks ago. This time I was with my wife and we asked the waiter to bring us a selection of menu. Again it was a feast and an explosion of taste all prepared fresh. It was a real pleasure and a very enjoyable evening. The staff is very friendly and willing to please you which makes the evening complete.

I must say I’m very amazed to read the negative review below as this is absolutely not a reflection of reality. If you visit the restaurant you know the story can’t be true as it is so far from how the staff in this place is.

When we are back in Weybridge we will surely be visiting you again!!!

1  Thank Ron V
MrMeejana, Owner at Meejana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

It was good seeing you again last week and we're really glad your wife enjoyed the food and service as much as your company did on your prior visit for a business dinner. We're always happy to put together a bespoke menu for you based on your tastes as our menu is very broad and look forward to seeing you again when you're back in the area.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Came here for my husbands birthday lunch. Staff very knowledgable and very friendly. The food was absolutely delicious. Nice atmosphere too, will be back soon

1  Thank madmumof3
MrMeejana, Owner at Meejana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Many thanks for the lovely lunch review. Glad you enjoyed it and look forward to seeing you in 2013.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Booked a table for 19.30 Saturday 12th January. The restaurant itself is nicely decorated and the greeting we received was nice and warm. The wine menu has plenty of choice, lots to choose from. The food menu also has a huge amount of dishes to choose from. As we had not tried the restaurant or in fact tried Lebanese food before we asked Rita ( I think that's her name) for advice. We were advised to either choose maybe 6 mezze or a main course and a smaller amount of mezze.
We went with a mixture of hot and cold mezze. This did not disappoint, all dishes were freshly made, the flavours were strong and there was not 1 dish we did not like. From the humus, squid in peppers and chilli, Armenian spicy sausage to the potatoes and spinach ALL dishes were fantastic.
For dessert I had vanilla ice cream with syrup covered dough balls, amazing! My wife had the coconut and rose petal ice cream which she thought was just fantastic! Meejana will not disappoint, it's a small busy restaurant which deserves recognition for its great quality food. Cost wise i would say it is on the more expensive side BUT you are in Weybridge and also if the food is worth it i do not mind paying. and this food was worth every penny.Any negatives? As the evening went on and the restaurant became busier I would say the service became slower. The waitress asked if we wanted a dessert menu, we said yes and it was probably 10 minutes before she noticed we still hadn't received it. She was very apologetic and duly arrived with one but to be honest this took nothing away from our evening. Being Italian I enjoy sitting at the dinner table and taking my time. So the service slowed down a bit, it just meant I sat there chatting longer to my wife enjoying the ambience of a fantastic restaurant.
I highly recommend Meejana and I will return and make sure my friends know about it. You will not be disappointed if you try Meejana.

MrMeejana, Owner at Meejana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Thanks for the great and detailed review. We really appreciate your feedback and they way you've given other visitors to TripAdvisor a great insight into what we do here.

Just to pick up on your service point - we are in the process of recruiting more staff to manage the busiest times. We want to put the right team on the floor so that everybody is looked after perfectly but building the right team takes time.

Thanks again for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Although trying new restaurants is always a slight gamble I love finding new and exciting places with great food, good ambience and friendly, charming staff so the gamble is generally worth taking!

Sadly this was not a gamble that paid off!! We arrived at Meejana for my birthday dinner, all 5 of us excited to try a new restaurant and have a Lebanese feast!

We were shown to our table and given menus... We then sat there for 30 minutes without even being offered a glass of water, we were totally blanked by the surly waitress who did not even acknowledge our presence once! We tried in vain to get her attention and she looked straight through us on several occasions, walking straight past our table as though we were not there (a party of five, all with menus closed having decided what we wanted to eat let alone drink quite some time ago!).

Eventually we managed to get the attention of the man who showed us to our table some 25 minutes earlier and asked if we could order. He hurriedly said they'd be with us in a minute and rushed off... Over 5 minutes later we decided enough was enough and starving and parched left the restaurant...

Rude, arrogant and inattentive staff who could certainly do with some training on how to run a restaurant... And perhaps a visit to charm school to boot!

2  Thank ninasel
MrMeejana, Owner at Meejana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

We are sorry that you feel you were mistreated and we can only apologise for not following our usual protocol of offering drinks when guests are seated. This was an oversight on our part but hardly deserves your rebuke of being rude and arrogant and not knowing how to run a restaurant. There are times - like last week - where we were short staffed yet most of our guests are reasonable and understand that we will do everything we can to be our best, and we believe our many excellent reviews and awards attest to this. We are only human and sometimes we get it wrong and are happy to admit our mistakes, but the guest needs to meet us halfway.

Having reviewed our CCTV footage we can see you were only in the restaurant for a total of 18 minutes from the moment you walked in the door to the moment you left. You were at the table for 15 minutes during which time you were deep in study and conversation over the menus, none of which were ever closed. Only once did you call for attention (and that happened to be me) at the end of the 15 minutes. I was carrying some things to the kitchen and politely told you I would be back in a few moments. I brought some food out of the kitchen for another table who then ordered some more drinks. I sent this order to the bar only to turn round and find you putting on your coats. This was literally 60 seconds after I had spoken to you.

I tried to apologise for the way you felt and tried to offer some form of redress as we want our guests to have a good experience. However, you completely blanked me, talked over me and refused to let me get a word in edgeways all the while your party heckled me in the process. You avoided all eye contact and talked at me as if I was a third-class citizen yet I remained civil and polite during your tirade. You were very disrespectful.

I understand that reviews are subjective, but we object to guests abusing the right to "review" a restaurant in order to attempt to damage their business instead of following a more natural etiquette of discussing the situation with the management of the establishment and allowing them the opportunity to resolve the situation before resorting to the online equivalent of a drive-by shooting as you have done. You even claim that even the food and ambiance were bad (although you didn't actually eat or stay in the restaurant) yet we had a fully booked restaurant as usual with a nice buzz and many happy guests.