“Nice hotel, but had a few issues!”
Review of Brooklands Hotel

Brooklands Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
UK
“Nice hotel, but had a few issues!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Having read other reviews beforehand and having eaten there before I knew kind of what to expect.
Good Points:
- Lovely modern room with nice view, nice food, great breakfast, nice restaurant food (very expensive) ok spa area, check out at 12.
Bad points:
- On arrival we checked in and headed for the room. Great room, however they only provide you with 1 dressing gown and slippers when they are aware two people are checking in. Bear in mind that if you want to use the spa then you need to use the dressing gown and slippers provided in your room. I asked if they had one in the spa and was told that I had to call down and request an extra one. ERM pointless to waste time chasing a gown and slippers. Just provide TWO in the room!
- Hot tub is outside which is lovely, however seemed like it needs a proper clean and protection. Smelt slightly and in areas felt a little slimy. This is probably because it is made from wood.
- Decided to book a massage for 2 people. Felt a little intimidating at spa reception. About 5 girls standing round talking then took a few moments for them all to look and stare. However once acknowledged they were nice.
- Later on in the evening we went for pre dinner drinks. Was ok however asked for some bar snacks. Took a while for them to actually work out what i meant.
- Dinner was ok. We were the first in the restaurant and felt a while to actually get our food and drinks. About another 5 tables were occupied, and we ended up getting our own knifes and forks from another table as they brought out the main course, went off and forgot to give us cutlery. The female manager was very polite and helpful however.
- Was woken up at 8:05 with a knocking at the door. Didn't answer. Another 4 or 5 knocks, jumped up and answered the door to find it was housekeeping, who when i opened the door apologised and went off! Seriously, please tell housekeeping what rooms are occupied please! The hotel wasn't even busy. Couldn't get back to sleep after that, so decided to head down to breakfast.
- Once woken by housekeeping I found an invoice under the door explaining that I owe £99! Erm no have paid for everything upon check in. Was not happy but had heard that this has happened to a lot of people. SO PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK YOUR BILL FOR EXTRA UNKNOWN CHARGES. Questioned it upon checkout to be told it was a mistake.
Overall nice stay, feel other hotels I have been to close by can offer you more.

Room Tip: request a track view room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Perky28
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoy Brooklands Hotel and have enjoyed dining with us previously.However I am sorry that you were disappointed with certain elements of your stay, I can assure you as a team we do take all feedback seriously and review all of the points made to ensure we address any shortfalls that occur. As our business during the week is predominantly single travellers our rooms are set for one with one gown and slippers, this then changes to two for the weekend when most of our rooms are occupied by two persons. I am sorry this was overlooked and caused confusion in the spa and we will be more careful in the future, however the team could have dealt with this better at the time and we will address this. In regards to the hot tub, this has a constant flow of water going through it and it back washes itself throughout the day, when used on a regular basis by people after their treatments there can be a residue however be assured the water does refresh and the chlorine levels are monitored three times through the day. The type of wood used for the hot tub can give off this feel but is just moisture. I will speak with housekeeping in regards to your room being disturbed in the morning and I apologise for this, however we do recommend that your do use your do not disturb sign should you not wish to be disturbed before the 12.00 check out time. I am also sorry you received a bill under your door, this was a genuine error and your room had been picked up with the express checkout guest requests. We thank you again for your feedback and we will ensure these points are re trained with our team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We chose to stay at Brooklands because of an offer with groupon and we were not disappointed. On arrival we were checked in promptly although at times it was hard to understand the receptionist. Very friendly and helpful though.

The room was immaculate and modern. iPod docking station, TV, very large bed and my favourite part was the heated mirror in the bathroom.

The spa was good although quite small. So when it is busy you might struggle for a place to sit and relax. Meditation room was good but make sure you book a session in advance (this is free). The facilities are good but the hot tub wasn't working properly and the sauna / steam rooms are in the changing rooms. This is a shame as it meant my husband and I couldn't enjoy them together. Other that that we enjoyed our experience there and the staff were very helpful, informing us we could use the facilities after we had checked out as well.

In the restaurant the cream tea was lovely with fresh warm scones. Our highlight was having the chateaubriand for dinner. It was amazing! It is £60 but comes with four sides and two sauces which for 2 people is more than enough. The steak was cooked well and the service was friendly but professional. We were very impressed.

Overall the hotel is one of the best we have stayed at and my husband and I are already planning our next stay.

• Stayed May 2013
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
We are so delighted that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed all of the facilities on offer in particular the cream tea and restaurant. I will share your kind comments with the chef. I am sorry that the hot tub was not working properly during your stay but I am pleased however you enjoyed the meditation room which as you said can be booked at the start of your day in the spa. I do hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.
Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013

After having given the Brooklands hotel a miss since its opening, (because of the awful service on that night) the service was not good in the restaurant and was not good on this occasion either, we decided to give it another chance thinking it must have improved, and we booked a table for eight people and were told 8.45 was the only time available, no problem, arrived had some drinks at the bar, after an hour our table was still not ready, had a word and the table was ready! Then the shambles began, none of the staff seemed to know what they were doing, service was chaotic, don't think there were enough staff, when the food came the amount on the plate was ridiculous, two quails eggs for nearly £10, please! Ordered chateaubriand £60 for two, three slices of meat and four chunky chips, thats £10 a slice and it was thrown on the plate...yes we complained took service off, that effects the staff we still paid full price for everything else, so will give a miss it for ever, wont miss the ridiculous portions at ridiculous prices and no service what so ever, and oh yes we will be telling all and sundry in Weybridge about our experience!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that you were unhappy with your dinner a second time of visiting us here at Brooklands Hotel. We do get some great comments on our food and service and therefore I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I have spoken at length with the team to gain feedback of your evening and to share your comments on your experience.
I believe you were welcomed by the team on arrival and offered a drink in the bar whilst you studied the menu and your pre order was taken in the bar and escorted through to 1907 after your drinks and the starters were ready. I have spoken to the chef in regards to your starter, the cost of the starter is reflected in the fact that it is garnished with fresh truffles and truffle oil, however we are reviewing the quails egg to further improve this and we appreciate your feedback. Our Chateaubriand is one of our most popular main courses and you will see has had some great reviews from our guests, this is a main course for two and consists of 600g worth of steak, 300q per person which is larger than a fillet steak, this comes with four sides to share and 2 sauces, the chips are Pont Neuf which is nine chips along with the other sides is enough for two people, however some of our guests who like chips order a second portion. I am sorry that you were not happy and I do know my restaurant manager spoke personally with you that evening and gained your feedback and actioned this accordingly. Once again I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.
Brighton
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Stayed recently for 3 nights on business during sales meeting. meeting rooms, bedrooms and food excellent and service very good too. the staff were very helpful in helping to organise our meeting event and were very easy to contact before and during the event

would definately use again.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the suites. Very nice!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted you had a great meeting with us and that the team looked after you well, especially in organising your event. We are proud of our team and product and I am pleased this was demonstrated to you. I hope we can welcome you back again in the future for business or maybe leisure also.
Redhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Stayed here 26th May on Groupon £99.00 deal with bed,breakfast and afternoon tea for 2nd time and as last time it was excellent.!! Very modern, clean, staff are so polite and breakfast was great, will definitely come back. Only observation was when using the meditation room, which should be peaceful and importantly quiet, all you could here was the slam of the pendle bins in the hallway outside, so suggest you either change them to silent ones or move them down the hall! But a minor point really.

Room Tip: Go for suppliment for front of hotel which over looks the track
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
We are delighted that you chose to return to Brooklands Hotel again and thank you for your feedback. This is the first time we have had the comment in regards to peddle bins in the spa, however I will look into this and see where this noise may have been coming from. I hope we can see you back here again very soon.
Devon
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Great hotel. Room magnificent and overlooking the skid pan and circuit. Lovely big shower and bed very very comfortable.
Room very quiet, no outdoor noise.
We had dinner in the restaurant which was of an extremely high standard.
The only slight negative is that the service was slightly impersonal other than that from the head waiter who took our order and was extremely informative about the dishes on offer. I did not feel we were being looked after by a particular member of staff.
Nice bar with great range of drinks. Very good service.
Breakfast was fresh and a wide selection. Anything that was looking a bit empty (it was all self service) was replaced properly and there were staff on hand in the self serve area all the time to help and to ensure it was all kept clean and tidy.
Free wi fi.
Check in and out all good
Excellent hotel and great for couples.
Would recommend to others and would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the circuit and skid pan - great view and entertaining!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel and dinner in 1907.I will share your feedback with the team and I hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.
Chatham
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed one night on a groupon offer. B&B plus cream tea with glass of prosecco. Room very nice, huge bed, large flat screen tv and a very classy wet room bathroom. Hotel in general, very modern and spacious and ideally situated for those looking to spend a day at the Brooklands Museum or Mercedes Benz World, both minutes walk away. There's free wifi throughout the hotel too, with no awkward passwords needed to connect.

Cream tea was excellent. Lovely warm scones, served with a home made lemon curd that's to die for, jam and cream. Not a massive selection of teas though, if you are a cream tea connoisseur.

Didn't see much else of the facilities, as we were off site at the aforementioned museum and MB world most of our time there, so can't offer any comment on those.

Now the negatives. Rooms have floor to ceiling windows, all sealed units. Not such an issue if the aircon works properly. Unfortunately for us, we picked one of the sunniest weekends for months, so with the sun having been streaming in all afternoon, the room was like a sauna throughout the night, making a night's sleep very uncomfortable. Just a one off with this room, I'm sure.

Breakfast, though presenting a wide and varied selection of cooked, continental, fruit and cereals, was somewhat let down by the warmth of the food under the buffet lights. Warm at best, I'm afraid. Might be OK f you time it right and get the stuff as it's brought from the kitchen.

Couple of disappointments that marred this visit but if you can get a deal, £99 B&B and cream tea, then it is very good value and I wouldn't let those slight disappointments put me off visiting again, so I rate it very good nonetheless.

Room Tip: Check the aircon works before you unpack. You can't open a window!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased you were able to enjoy one of our Groupon Offers. I have shared your feedback with the team and we will ensure that the breakfast temperature is maintained at all times and review this going forward. I am sorry that you experienced problems with your air con in the room, my team would have been happy to assist and check this for you as sometimes our guests press the wrong buttons and the wrong setting occurs, this is easily rectified and my reception team can assist. We do also have rooms with balconies that some of our guests prefer if they like to have the fresh air, please enquire about these upgrades if you visit us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
Oatlands Park Hotel
Hilton Cobham
Hilton Cobham
#3 of 4 in Cobham
Best Western The Ship Hotel

Been to Brooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!