Having read other reviews beforehand and having eaten there before I knew kind of what to expect.
- Lovely modern room with nice view, nice food, great breakfast, nice restaurant food (very expensive) ok spa area, check out at 12.
- On arrival we checked in and headed for the room. Great room, however they only provide you with 1 dressing gown and slippers when they are aware two people are checking in. Bear in mind that if you want to use the spa then you need to use the dressing gown and slippers provided in your room. I asked if they had one in the spa and was told that I had to call down and request an extra one. ERM pointless to waste time chasing a gown and slippers. Just provide TWO in the room!
- Hot tub is outside which is lovely, however seemed like it needs a proper clean and protection. Smelt slightly and in areas felt a little slimy. This is probably because it is made from wood.
- Decided to book a massage for 2 people. Felt a little intimidating at spa reception. About 5 girls standing round talking then took a few moments for them all to look and stare. However once acknowledged they were nice.
- Later on in the evening we went for pre dinner drinks. Was ok however asked for some bar snacks. Took a while for them to actually work out what i meant.
- Dinner was ok. We were the first in the restaurant and felt a while to actually get our food and drinks. About another 5 tables were occupied, and we ended up getting our own knifes and forks from another table as they brought out the main course, went off and forgot to give us cutlery. The female manager was very polite and helpful however.
- Was woken up at 8:05 with a knocking at the door. Didn't answer. Another 4 or 5 knocks, jumped up and answered the door to find it was housekeeping, who when i opened the door apologised and went off! Seriously, please tell housekeeping what rooms are occupied please! The hotel wasn't even busy. Couldn't get back to sleep after that, so decided to head down to breakfast.
- Once woken by housekeeping I found an invoice under the door explaining that I owe £99! Erm no have paid for everything upon check in. Was not happy but had heard that this has happened to a lot of people. SO PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK YOUR BILL FOR EXTRA UNKNOWN CHARGES. Questioned it upon checkout to be told it was a mistake.
Overall nice stay, feel other hotels I have been to close by can offer you more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the stunning county of Surrey, just 20 minutes from London and standing where the world famous Brooklands race track once reigned supreme during the 1920s and 30s. The Brooklands Hotel takes this iconic inspiration to deliver a new kind of unique experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Lastminute, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Brooklands Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brooklands Hotel Weybridge, Surrey