“Brilliant!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed at the hotel with my partner on the 20th July having purchased a voucher off of Groupon. The hotel itself is fantastic, new, modern and stylish. Check-in was swift and we were given vouchers for Tapas & Cocktails as well as £5 off any spa treatment (as part of Groupon), we also paid £10 extra to have a track facing room that overlooked the Mercedes Benz World track which was well worth the money! The room itself is very spacious has a huge plasma TV and the shower is also massive, the air conditioning was also very useful. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the Jacuzzi and Spa rooms were at the very top of the hotel, with the Jacuzzi overlooking the race track at the top of the hotel, amazing! We were able to easily redeem the Tapas & Cocktail voucher in the bar area and the food and drinks both came very quickly! One of the only downsides to this hotel is that it's a bit out of the way so taxi fare's are presumably quite high so we decided to drive into Cobham to grab some food in the evening. Upon returning we headed to the hotel bar to have cocktails where the staff were brilliant (special mention to this English guy with short curly hair, no idea what his name was). Breakfast in the morning was as expected, a decent buffet and quite a good selection of hot food plus cereals, fruit and pastries. Overall our stay was excellent and we shall be returning in the near future! Special mention to Sandra who was very helpful in the booking of our reservation and who also sent us a list of good local restaurants and bars!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback and I am so pleased you had a great stay and that Sandra assisted with your booking requests. I am also pleased you enjoyed the tapas and cocktails and the atmosphere in the bar. I do hope on your next stay you will try 1907 restaurant which offers a great selection of food to suit all tastes. We hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for our anniversary. The hotel is great looking but if your not going to Mercedes Benz world or Brooklands museum there's very little else to do in the area. The restaurant is stylish and has a great menu, just make sure you pre book as its the only restaurant in the area. The spa is nice and a great place to chill out even if you don't have any treatments booked. It's a great hotel if you like motorsports as you get a great view of the track. Overall it's a very stylish hotel and great service from the staff.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased you enjoyed the facilities on offer and the service from the team. As a hotel we are an excellent location to base yourself whilst visiting the local area such as Guildford, Windsor or London. I am pleased you enjoyed 1907 and yes we do recommend that guests book on a weekend to save disappointment, however should guests wish to dine outside the hotel, Weybridge and Walton have a nice selection of restaurants that my team would be happy to recomend, only a short drive or taxi ride away. I do hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed at brooklands a few times before and it gets better every time. Immaculate hotel food fab and the staff are exceptional thanks again for a perfect stay can't wait to go back. Ask for a Mercedes world view room as you can watch people drive around.

• Stayed July 2013
Welcome back to Brooklands Hotel, we are so pleased you had another great stay with us and again the team looked after you well, we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We needed somewhere to stay to go to the Hampton Court Palace flower show and couldn't have made a better choice. Courteous, genuinely pleasant service everywhere, 1st class facilities and an amazing room, we will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
We are so pleased you loved the hotel and we hope you enjoyed a great day at the flower show. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
UK
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This hotel is really unusual in that it looks over Mercedes Benz World so if you get a room overlooking this, it is quite fascinating. Rooms are a good size and perfectly clean. There was a bit of a mix up as we had a late check-out prearranged and they cleaned our room before we checked out, but it just meant they had to do it again after we left. We had afternoon tea here then cocktails in the bar later, which was strangely quiet, but it was mid week. Loved the outside hot tub, which is on a balcony and, again, you can see all the cars trying out Mercedes Benz World from there.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking Mercedes World, it is fascinating.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
We are delighted that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed all of the facilities on offer in particular the spa and the activity at Mercedes Benz World. I do hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My husband took me to this hotel for my birthday, the experience was wonderful.

Staff really pleasant and made a point of wishing me a happy birthday at every relevant opportunity. Did make me feel special ;-)

Champagne and strawberries in room with complimentary upgrade to top floor with a balcony overlooking the race track, what's to complain about?!

The restaurant unfortunately was a bit of a let down. The staff again incredibly polite, however a little slow to begin with got the order wrong and bought side dishes out after I had almost finished half of my main dish. Made up for it with the free processco.

Would I go back, probably not .. just because it was a bit too quiet.

But great restaurant
Lovely decor
Fabulous staff
Good food
Lovely afternoon tea
Spa treatments (a bit so so)

I feel a bit mean saying I wouldn't go again just because the staff were exceptionally attentive. Well done guys, praise where its due ;-)

Room Tip: Its not really a spa destination ... I didn't see a pool, just a few treatment rooms, whirlpool...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Brooklands Hotel for your birthday celebrations and I am pleased the team recognised your special day throughout your stay. I am sorry that you encountered a mix up at dinner however I am pleased the team addressed this at the time and rectified the situation. I am sorry that you found the hotel too quiet, we do do events through the year, tribute nights etc which may be more to your liking if celebrating a special occasion and wanted some entertainment, please keep a note of what is happening on our website should you wish to come again. As a hotel we offer a spa with hot tub, relaxation and meditation room, treatments but not a pool I am afraid. I will pass on your kind comments to the team and I hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.
chelsea
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

The reataurant is wonderful very good service extremely pleasant surroundings wonderful menu first class food extremely well presented but live music by jason absolutely tops it all he is amazing such a beautiful voice great talent who should be placed alongside some of the greats in my opinion fabulous

• Stayed July 2013
We are so pleased you had a great evening and enjoyed our entertainment night, also the food and service from my team. I hope we can welcome you back again very soon and please look out for future events on our website.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
The Runnymede on Thames
Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa
Hilton Cobham
Hilton Cobham
#4 of 4 in Cobham

Been to Brooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!