“Spa Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
Woking, England, United Kingdom
“Spa Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I booked a spa experience, having been giving a voucher for £200, so the men's worked out at £180 but no change and no offer of using the remaining credit towards another purchase, so lost out!
The facility is great, some communication beforehand to let you know what is available would help, so missed out on the hot tub.
That said, I had a good visit, really good therapist to look after me and a nice lunch. I have been trying to book for ages but the spa has been full of Groupon specials, so 'full fare' clients are left to wait.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Steve F
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to the Spa overall. unfortunately we are unable to give change on gift vouchers however the remainder can be used to purchase products from the Clarins and Lubatti range available in the spa, however I will highlight your comments to the team to ensure this suggested to all of our gift voucher guests as is our standard. We do offer to show our guests the facilities when they arrive and all of our facilities are available on our website for guests to peruse prior to arrival. The Spa is very busy with guests who have purchased gift vouchers like yourself from our website also special promotions we run along with our hotel residents, therefore we do recommend you book a few weeks in advance to ensure that you get the day you require and to save disappointment as our spa has become very popular. I do hope that we can welcome you back again to Brooklands Hotel very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Absolutely fantastic. Staff friendly and helpful, cleaniness amazing and food divine, would recommend trying the spa facilities as well a most delightful experience.We will be recommending this hotel to friends and family.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so pleased you had a great stay and we look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for recommending us.
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We were really impressed with the elegance and luxury of the rooms in this hotel, and the luxury feel. We had breakfast in our deal; it was a full buffet and was high quality. The staff were very friendly and helpful. You could really relax and feel special in those rooms!
I had only one issue; I chose to pay the full amount for our one night stay in cash, and not by card, on arrival, but had to part with £50 per room (we had two booked) deposit for "additional charges that might arise", which cleared my wallet of my spare cash.
That a cash deposit would be required when not using a card was clearly stated by the hotel in my confirmation e-mail, but I confess I neglected to read it thoroughly.
The result was a bit of a shock, and an embarrassing moment at the check-in desk as I emptied my wallet (and had to borrow off one of my kids) to pay the cash deposit.
I of course had to then visit an ATM (there is one in MB world, or one 10 mins away in Tesco).
There were no extras, but the cash was not refunded directly at the end of our visit, but was returned electronically into our account, and we were told the return transaction would take a couple of days.
I found this whole process inconvenient, and a bit off-putting. Having said that I intend to return to this fabulous hotel; I will just organise things better next time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed the facilities on offer. We do request a deposit of £50 per room per night for any extras that may occur, this enables you to charge drinks, food, movies etc to your room, however as some guests do not always use this it is easier if this is done via card as this can then be cancelled at the end of your stay. It is quite unusual for this to be paid by cash and I am sorry if this caused you an inconvenience. I do hope that we can welcome you and your family back again very soon and I am pleased you found our rooms lovely and relaxing.
Alverstoke, Hampshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Lovely modern hotel in Weybridge, booked on a spur of the moment Groupon package. Arrived quite late in the afternoon and greeted by very helpful and polite reception staff who informed us we only had a few minutes to take advantage of our complimentary Tapas and Cocktail.
That was very nice and the bar is very chic and modern with very attentive staff. We didn't stay as we wanted to use the hot tub!
The Spa is quite limited though and is more treatment centric. There is a nice hot tub in the open air out on the veranda - recommended time limit is 10 minutes but as it was not busy, we spent a good half hour in there. We also booked (free) the heated waterbeds but didn't find them particularly special. It's a shame they did not build in a pool when the hotel was built, it would have complimented the other facilities very well. Also, the sauna and steam rooms are single sex in the relevant changing rooms - it would have been nice to be able to share with wife/husband/partner.
We didn't eat dinner but the restaurant did look nice (it looks quite expensive, but I suspect it would be worth it). Breakfast was wonderful, and probably the best hotel breakfast we have ever had. Everything fresh, plenty of choice and very friendly and helpful waiting staff.
The room itself (408) had a nice veranda and overlooked the Mercedes World tracks. If you do stay, worth trying to get a room on that side of the building - looking south. The TV remote did not work, but as soon as I phoned to report it, one of the duty staff was there to replace it. The only bad thing for us was the bed - extremely soft but I guess they can't cater for everyone's tastes in firmness!
A good stay and a great bargain via Groupon - that said, we would probably pay full rack rate if we were up that way again and looking for a hotel.

Room Tip: South side rooms on the 4th floor are very nice.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your lovely feedback. unfortunately when the hotel was built a pool was applied for but declined by the local council, but I am pleased you enjoyed some time in the hot tub. I do hope that we can welcome you back again when you are next in the are.
Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights as part of a wedding party and found the hotel to be exceptional for a one off treat and would highly recommend it. Rooms we
here very clean, spacious, quiet and had everything you need of a hotel room.
The breakfast was excellent and the service throughout was very good.
We did find the price of dinner and drinks to be very expensive though.
Mercedes world is literally next door and well worth a visit.
If you can afford it - go, even better - watch out for a Groupon deal and get it cheaper.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. previous comments on TA talk about a building site next door - this is all compl...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so pleased you had a great stay with us and enjoyed all of the facilities on offer, I do hope that we can welcome you back again very soon when you are next in the area.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

In an area that is generally shabby when it comes to hotels, I would recommend the Brooklands. It has a smart modern feel and I had a very comfortable stay there. They get the small things right, such as good instant WiFi/internet, complimentary mineral water, a personalized hand written welcome card, efficient check-out...
Particularly pleasing was the breakfast with all the food prepared to a high quality.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and wasn't disappointed with our facilities and the service from my team. We pride our selves on offering a great product with all of those added extras and a particularly enjoyable breakfast. do hope we can welcome you back again very soon when you are next in the area.
Bucks
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I bought the Groupon voucher for my partner’s birthday present for a day’s spa and two treatments and a 'light lunch' up to the value of £15.

The hotel was lovely (although reception did think we were booking in for a room at 9am and told us we were very early and would have to find something to do until 3pm - although I was showing her my Spa group on voucher) and the spa was extremely busy with Groupon customers but everything seemed under control. Very polite and nothing was too much.

We were disappointed that the sauna and stream rooms were within the changing rooms. Therefore time I was hoping to be sat with my love we were sat in different rooms alone. I didn't stay in the steam room for very long as it was not relaxing at all. You couldn't hear the music, only water and loud pipe rumblings. Whatever was in the steam room air was extremely strong and I couldn't see when I walked out (I am use to steam rooms but nothing like this). My eyes are still sore 24 hours later. Our treatments were done in separate rooms so more time apart. We did meet up for lunch which was very tasty. He had the sea bass and it was extremely small - I did feel sorry for him. My portion of chicken salad was alot bigger.

The two treatments were 'heavenly'. We both had the stone back/neck massage and a facial.

The gym was small but the equipment was very modern and we were very comfortable on the treadmills looking at the cars outside.

After visiting the outdoor hot tub we did try and relax in the relaxing area but only one bed left so partner had to sit on window ledge next to me. We did eventually have two beds together once one of the members of staff cleared up all the unused towels on the beds. My partner enjoyed watching the cars go round the track and the sun came out and it made for a lovely day.

Had a shower at the end and lovely and powerful with lovely shampoo/cond and body wash.

As we were still so very hungry we paid for the afternoon tea. That was pleasantly displayed and tasted yummy. Not for everyone though as £20 per person for the basic one or £27 with a glass of prosecco.

What was missing - a swimming pool - where was it ? I couldn't believe they didn't have one. It was a spa day and you just assume there would be one. It was really like something was missing big time. Also water was available to drink in every station but why not free fruit juice ?

We will not go back again as when we do go out we want to be together. But saying that I would recommend this to any ladies who want to go for some cheap pampering but there are other places to go on Groupon with more treatments and the most missed swimming pool.

1 Thank peacefinallyfor
Thank you for your feedback following your visit to the spa on one of our promotions. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the facilities on offer, like many spas the sauna and steam are located separately and this is along with all of our spa facilities are outlined on our website.Unfortunately we do not have a pool although this was applied for when the hotel was being built the local council did not grant this. We do recommend when purchasing any offer that you check the website to ensure you are clear on what is included in the voucher to save disappointment. The groupon deal offers excellent value for money, with two treatments use of robe, slippers and facilities including gym if required and a light lunch. I am sorry that you feel you will not return to Brooklands Spa in the future however I hope you may consider the rest of the hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Hilton Cobham
Hilton Cobham
#4 of 4 in Cobham
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,522 reviews

Been to Brooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!