“Lovely hotel - as long as you are not tall” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brooklands Hotel

Brooklands Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
Much Wenlock, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel - as long as you are not tall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

My partner and I were attending a two day business event at Mercedes so decided to stay at the Brooklands Hotel. First impressions were good and the staff at reception friendly and efficient. We had an executive double room which was spotlessly clean and very spacious. The rooms state they have King size beds, however it is worth noting that the beds are indeed two single beds zipped together meaning they are shorter than a 'real' kingsize bed. This was a bit dissappointing as my partner is 6'3'' so the bed was too short for him. I also didn't realise that the steam room and sauna were single sex so we opted for a cocktail in the bar together instead of a relaxing steam in the spa alone.

We had dinner in the restaurant on both nights and the food is really good. The service in the bar however was rather slow bearing in mind there were not many people in the bar. We also found the service in the restaurant on the second night a bit sluggish compared to the first night where we had the most amazing waiter.

All in all a pleasant stay, I'd definitely recommend the hotel for business stays but not for couples wishing to use the spa together.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased overall you enjoyed your stay with us. In regards to the beds at the hotel, they are of the zip and link variety which is common throughout hotels across the world, however the size and length of the beds are the standard king size and the only difference is that they can be separated to create twin beds. All of our facilities for the spa are outlined on our website and the sauna and steam are allocated separately within the changing rooms which again is common within many top spas as this offers privacy for all guests. I will feedback your comments to the team on the slow service experienced in the bar and 1907 as his is certainly not the norm and we will address any shortfalls that have occurred. I do hope that if you are in the area again we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Had a great night here with free upgrade to a suite. The biggest and best room I have ever stayed in with a huge balcony overlooking Mercedes World. Great breakfast also and friendly helpful staff. Good parking facilities and spotless rooms.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
We are delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed the room allocated to you on this occasion. we are pleased the team looked after you well and I hope we can welcome you back again very soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

First visit to Brioklands 3 and it was great. Lovely hotel, friendly staff. Room was lovely and my hubby loved the race track! Can't wait to return... Hopefully in the next few months.
Was great value for money with out Groupon offer!
Just wish we could have stayed longer and had more spa treatments.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
We are delighted that you had a great stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back again very soon.
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Checked into the hotel on Saturday night and was very pleased to hear my partner and I had been upgraded to a panoramic suite which was a huge room with separate living room. Great views of Mercedes world and superb in room facilities. Bar was also spot on with great selection of cocktails etc. Spa facilities and treatments also wonderful. Breakfast again superb.

I have stayed in many hotels across the world and would rank the Brooklands Hotel in the top 3. Our stay really could not be faulted. Wish we could have stayed another night!

Room Tip: 245 Panormaic Suite, great views of the race track and a huge room(s)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Ross C
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the suite allocated to you on the day. I am pleased you were able to enjoy some cocktails in the bar and that you also enjoyed the spa and breakfast. Thank you for ranking us in your top 3 and I hope next time you can stay with us longer.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is a lovely hotel with a well organized staff. I have experienced a beautiful room, excellent service and well prepared food. The front desk goes out of its way to assist. The location is amazing and beautiful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so pleased you had a great stay and that my team exceeded your expectations. I am very proud of my team here at Brooklands Hotel and we work hard as a team to deliver a great experience for all of our guests. I hope that we can welcome you back again very soon, thank you again.
LONDON
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I wrote a review of The Brooklands Hotel around this time last year when I visited after a Ball at Mercedes Benz World - what a difference a year makes - I can't even get them to take my booking for 3 rooms this year, have been told book via the internet or not at all, which would be fine however I want a specific room, room 319 - the same room I have stayed in for the past 2 years after the ball but apparently you cannot, nor have ever been able to reserve a specific room - Why do fabulous hotels employ staff who give such a bad impression - 319 is the best room in the hotel and is marketed on their website as such and you are told to book directly with reservations for this room - shame nobody told the rude woman on reservations this!!! How very disappointing

Room Tip: Don't bother asking - you can't reserve specific rooms !!!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TRACYBABY
Thank you for your feedback given to us via our info box on the website and I am sorry that your recent booking experience did not match your previous experience of the hotel. Please be assured as the General Manager of Brooklands Hotel we take all feedback very seriously and look fully into all points raised.

We are in a people industry and from time to time things do go wrong, however we are open to constructive feedback and always do our best to ensure the guest experience is a good one as you will see from the feedback we receive on 3rd party websites. I am very proud of my team at Brooklands Hotel and therefore it disappoints me when guests do not receive the level of service we strive to deliver every day.

I have spoken at length with my Reservations Manager, Leena who dealt with your enquiry and firstly she sends her apologies for the way she came across as this was certainly not her intention, however before she could fully take your details and look into your request the call was ended and we had no number so that we could call you back and explain the situation further.

Indeed 319 is our feature suite and I am delighted that you were lucky to be allocated this previously when you stayed back with us in 2012 and thank you for your lovely review from that stay. We have 3 Panoramic Suites with Balcony at the hotel with 319 being one of them. As with all rooms in the hotel we are unable to allocate specific room numbers prior to arrival, just room types however we can request this room and comments will be entered onto the booking and wherever possible we will do our best to grant this request.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of hearing back from you so that we can assist you with any future booking you may have.
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My company send me to that lovely hotel last week and I have to say thanks. Was everything perfect, service really good and really good food quality. The room was perfect too not to big not to small just perfect. Was just a day but such a lovely day. Danke schön!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments and I hope that we can welcome you back again some time in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Hilton Cobham
Hilton Cobham
#4 of 4 in Cobham
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,518 reviews

Been to Brooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!