“Amazing as usual.”

Brooklands Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
“Amazing as usual.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

My sisters and I have just got back from Brooklands where we booked the Fast and fabulous package for my sisters birthday.
The service from staff is second to none from the minute you walk through the door. Check in is swift. We went straight up to the B Spa for our treatment because we were late. I had the most amazing neck, back and shoulder massage.
I have been here nearly 7 times over the last two years and this was the first time I have had dinner in their restaurant. I was not disappointed.
I had the most delicious BBQ pork and strawberry lime dessert. Easily the best dish I have ever eaten. Waiting staff are so attentive and accommodating. They even surprised the birthday girl with a complimentary plate of truffle chocolates! If you want a four star hotel with five star service then this is the hotel for you. It will always be Brooklands for me. X

Room Tip: It's worth paying for a track facing room. You can watch the driving on the Mercedes Benz Track.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
We are so pleased to welcome you back to the hotel again to celebrate your sisters birthday and I am delighted that this time you dined with us in 1907. I will share all your lovely comments with the team and I hope it wont be long before we see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
se london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Brooklands Hotel for two nights, the room was clean as always. One of the things that has changed is the bathroom amenities from White Company to something cheaper. Dinner in the restaurant was very good the service was great. The only area of the hotel, I find to be a let down is the bar staff.( Slow service no attention to details, meaning you are being served once but then you are overlooked. There are a lot of staff members running around, but it seems they are all concentrating on the restaurant. There seems to be no one server assigned to specific tables in the bar, so no one seems to be responsible for you)

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted to welcome you back. I am sorry that you found the team in the bar to be inattentive as we do receive great feedback on their service and attention to our guests, I will share this with them to ensure that they are aware and correct any shortfalls that may have occurred. We have had a change in toiletries from the white company to Pecksniffs, however they are renowned brand which is one of the last independent British fragrance houses and for over two decades their Perfumers have pioneered Bespoke fragrances designed to match each individual personality and are based in the Lanes in Brighton, I am sorry this was not to your taste. I hope that we can welcome you back again in the near future.
LONDON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

Stayed at the Brooklands Hotel last night with two friends on their Girls Night In package and we had a blast - This is such a gorgeous hotel and the food is so delicious - we didn't want to leave this morning.

Room Tip: You have got to upgrade to a suite - they are out of this world especially the Panoramic with Balcon...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
It was great to welcome you back to Brooklands and I am so pleased you all enjoyed a great night in with your girlfriends, I hope we can see you back again very soon.
Weybridge surrey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

Well, it was a groupon gift so I guess I should have expected to be disappointed. I am not sure how this hotel can call its spa a true spa experience. Firstly, no pool! A small barrel on a deck that holds only 6 beds with a jacuzzi that is rather too old, overlooking people driving mercs around a track!!! Hardly relaxing space or views. The two 30 min treatments, actually are at most 20mins and as you can imagine from a low rate spa, low rate staff and low rate experience. I choose a manicure and pedicure, not recommended as all you get is a shoddy filing and poor paint job. So lunch was not included. Nice I will admit but way too expensive, I think they thought they thought they could charge Weybridge prices and you believe that it's shabby chic food! More school canteen. We tried to cheer ourselves up with some Prosecco and forgot that we were getting polish wine for The Ivy prices! In my opinion, get a lush bomb and have a lovely bath at home....so much better

Room Tip: Try somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank lilliput41
I am very disappointed with your review in regards to your recent visit to our spa. I would like to assure you that we welcome every guest to the hotel and we do not treat guests having purchased an offer any different from any other, as you will see from the great reviews that we have received and this is also demonstrated in the number of guests we have returning time and time again. All of our facilities are outlined on our website and included in the offers promoted on the groupon site and at not time do we say that we have a pool. I am confused with your comments in regards to lunch not being included as the only groupon offer we do includes lunch, also our chefs have been rewarded with two AA rosettes for their food therefore I am disappointed with both your comments on our food and wine as we do not serve polish wine at the hotel. I feel that maybe we were not the hotel for you.
Milton Keynes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

My Boyfriend took me here for my birthday this year and I was absolutely blown away.

The hotel was immaculately clean, our room was spacious and the bed was huge!

We visited the spa and the staff were very friendly and approachable.

I had a gel manicure and was extremely impressed with the final product. Furthermore, they are still in immaculate condition and this was over a week ago!

We sat in the outdoor hot tub overlooking the mercedes benz race track and I felt so content and relaxed I didn't want it to end!

I will definitely be visiting this hotel again and would strongly advise others to do the same.

Very classy! 5* from me!

1 Thank Emma1508
I am so pleased you enjoyed your birthday stay with us and that the team looked after you well. I hope that we can welcome you back again very soon and thank you for your great review.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stayed for two nights over the August Bank Holiday weekend. Got a great deal for breakfast two mornings and 1 evening dinner. Lucky to have been given a track facing room.
We had a standard room, which was very large and spacious, you never normally get so much room in hotels. Bath robes and slippers to use, all the usual amenities ie, hair dryer, iron/board, bathroom toiletries, tea and coffee supplies and iPhone Dock, free Wifi.
Large walk-in shower room, (No bath), with two showers, (Rain & power shower).
Bed very soft, but cosy and comfortable, flat screen TV with many films to view at a nominal fee of £5.00 the lot.
Excellent control of Air con or heat in the room.
We paid for massages which was a bit pricey and got full use of the spa, which included sauna, steam and hot tub.
The only down side is, if you go as a couple you can't use the sauna/steam together. There Is his and hers in each changing room, ok if your on a Hen/Stag night etc,. The hot tub is outside to share on the balcony of the spa which is great to sit in and watch the track, but it can get over crowded and you feel like you have to quickly limit yourself as everyone wants to use it.
There is enough space for another hot tub....
The gym on the same floor, is clean with good quality equipment. No pool :-(
Breakfast was very nice, a good variety of cooked hot food, cereals, salmon, hams, breads, juices, tea & coffee.
We went into Weybridge for dinner on the first night, and were glad to see reviews regarding how to get back to the hotel after 7.pm as the road is closed.
We asked at Reception and they gave us a detailed map with phone number.
Dinner @ 1907, A-la Carte, very tasty, although service was a little slow. (Dale was a charming hands on waiter).
Check in/out very efficient, pleasant staff.
Mercedes world next door is a must, and it's free entrance...
Other so called posh hotels need to step up to this standard.
Thank you all.

Room Tip: Ask for a track facing room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
We are so pleased you had a great 2 day break with us and that you also enjoyed MBW and the surrounding area. I will share you kind comments with the team and I hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

My wife and I are taking advantage of a Sunday Spa Stopover gift voucher which has been bought for us so our stay, hopefully, will be all the sweeter because it includes bed (De Luxe room) and breakfast and a massage and nail treatment for which we don’t have to pay! The drive along the approach road towards the hotel takes in the adjacent Brooklands race track and the first sight of the hotel itself is of a modern, mainly glass building with circular, tapered concrete columns supporting the elevation.

A red coated gentleman stands sentry like outside the conference and function centre awaiting the arrival of guests for the inevitable wedding. Oh dear! But maybe they won’t be interrupting our quiet enjoyment of the facilities if they are confined to that area (we find later that they are not!). The lobby is light and airy, modern, spacious and pleasant which gives a good impression that this may be a nice hotel. We experience a quick and efficient check in which immediately pleases me.

Our room is on the first floor and we are immediately impressed again. It is spacious, clean, neat and tidy. There are large floor to ceiling windows and we have an excellent view across the racing circuit where the sports cars are speeding around in a seemingly never ending sequence. (I think that we may have been upgraded but they did not tell us this at reception. Nice touch). We are not watching a racing event so I am assuming that these are amateur drivers paying a small fortune to indulge in a fantasy as they imagine themselves sitting in a Formula 1 car winning the Monaco Grand Prix. What is impressive is that no external sound penetrates into our room so the soundproofing is very effective.

Our double bed is big, some six feet wide with a curved leather headboard. We have a good collection of pillows and cushions. There are slippers and good quality waffle robes. We have a small table and reclining chair by the picture window. There is a wide screen TV with Sky Sports and we have free wi fi. There is a mini bar but sadly containing only two bottles of mineral water. Pity, I like a mini bar. There is tea and coffee but only one biscuit between two unfortunately.

The room has plenty of individually controlled lighting in various parts, all in working order, which is a real plus point for those who want to read and write. Well thought out. The bathroom is modern, spacious and elegant with walk in wet room and rain forest shower big enough to accommodate two (or more if that is your preference!). There is a TV audio feed in the bathroom and good toiletries from Pecksniff’s. We like what we see and now we are ready to experience the bar.

There are tables and chairs outside where some diners are lunching in the mid-afternoon haze but this seating area borders the car park so we opt for a sofa inside where we are served by a pleasant, courteous waitress. My wife and I share what is called a “BLAT”, an acronym for bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato, served in a brown malted pumpkin seed artisan roll together with a salad of feta, olives, tomato and cucumber priced at £9.50. It is good but perhaps a little too much fat on the bacon for my liking.

The bar is spacious and quiet with a smattering of customers. Floor to ceiling windows allow you to see what is going on outside although the view is primarily of the car park but the race track is beyond although you would have to stand and crane your neck over the cars and hedges to catch a glimpse of the racing cars.

We sit on a comfortable sofa and watch the wedding guests arrive, some are heading straight to the function area, some fully suited and booted are checking into the hotel. The bride arrives in all her splendour and is greeted enthusiastically by the red coated man; very young bridesmaids in pretty dresses run to and fro; someone else is trying to call one and all to order and they all seem raring to start the happy festivities.

Our bill for lunch was £27 appx for the roll, small glass of wine, pint of beer and a latte and including a discretionary tip which I added to the bill which we felt was good value and very reasonable for a good quality hotel.

I should add at this stage that our booking arrangements made over the telephone were very well conducted by the hotel. A few days prior to our stay I was called by the hotel to be asked if they could assist with any requirements we had during our stay including whether we wanted to book a table for dinner, which I did. This was a nice touch. After a short afternoon rest in our room we get ready for dinner and resume our acquaintance with the bar for pre-dinner cocktails.

My wife has a classic mojito and I a Raspberry Diablo (tequila, triple sec. crème de cassis, lime juice and raspberry puree topped with three fresh raspberries) which was pretty good. Neither was particularly strong. These cost £18 and I add a tip to the bill. Again the service was very good from the young ladies serving us. The bar was a little busier this time when we arrived and an hour or so later was pretty full. It was clear that some of the wedding guests had decided to escape from the festivities to enjoy what was on offer in the bar.

Dinner was excellent. Once again the service was extremely good and efficient with the waiting staff knowledgeable on the menus and willing to find out from the kitchen the answers to questions we had on the food. I had an asparagus risotto which was small but perfectly sufficient as a starter. It was tasty and very easy to eat leaving me wanting my main course. My wife had the most delicious parsnip soup with cumin oil and parsnip crisps. I admit to being slightly miffed that I had not gone for that even though I liked my risotto.

For mains, my wife had a fillet of sea bass which she enjoyed very much. I had deliciously cooked pink lamb (I was asked how I wanted it cooked – pink or well done but there is only one way appreciate lamb) which was very tender and moist, served on a bed of cous cous (not the normal packet type cous cous I hasten to add) with among other things, pistachios and pomegranate seeds. This proved to be an excellent combination and we very quickly clear our plates. Although the portions are small these were more than sufficient for the two of us.

The dessert menu is very appealing and I couldn’t resist the poached peach and raspberry dessert with raspberry jelly and raspberry and peach sorbet/ice cream. Again, these were small and made a perfect sweet ending to an extremely satisfying meal. Our bill for two including mineral water and a glass of pinot noir came to £80 odd which we felt was extremely good value for what we had just eaten.

Breakfast was ok but as it was a buffet was never going to match the heights of the previous evening’s dinner, understandably. That said, there was a regular flow of freshly cooked food being brought out which was just as well as the restaurant was very busy. The wedding guests feeling the effects of the night before were in abundance looking for sustenance to get them through the day.

We finished our stay by checking into our free spa treatment: I had a 30 minute upper body massage and my wife had her nails done. We had one irritation. As we were checking out that morning we left our stuff including valuables in our room ready for packing after our spa treatment. On returning to the room we were somewhat horrified to find the door ajar and a cleaner vacuuming the carpet. We had to shoo him out. We had not put the do not disturb sign out because we quite reasonably felt that the room would only be cleaned once we had registered as having checked out. That was a minor glitch. We used the express check out service so we were quickly on our way without any fuss.

This was a very good hotel experience and given this experience, I would readily recommend a stay here particularly if you dream of being the next Lewis Hamilton and want to experience the va va vroom of the Brooklands racetrack.

Room Tip: A room facing the racetrack
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel and I am delighted that you had a great stay with us. I am sorry that you experienced a problem with your room being refreshed on the day of checkout before you had left. We do have a number of new housekeeping staff and they may have been confused between stays and departures however we have revisited this with them to ensure a similar instance does not occur. I do hope that we can welcome you back again in the very near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
The Runnymede on Thames
Hilton Cobham
Hilton Cobham
#4 of 4 in Cobham
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,540 reviews

Been to Brooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!