“Great wedding venue”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
Surrey
“Great wedding venue”
Reviewed 12 June 2010

I was a guest at a wedding and I wanted to let you know how I impressed I was with the hotel and staff. Everything went off so smoothly. The food was all delicious and beautifully presented; the lamb wrapped in parma was particularly good. All the staff were attentive and smiling – not something you always see! They were also well turned out which added to their professionalism.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Polish first
South East England
Reviewed 6 June 2010

I wanted to stay here as a friend was getting married in Weybridge. It is a short drive to the register office. Note to drivers: the cobbled speed bumps are really bad for your car, not matter how slowly you drive.

Once we got over the speed bumps, there was plenty of space to park. The first thing you see as you enter the hotel is the bar area. You need to turn right for reception. The person at reception was very friendly and helpful and check is was quick.

The room was lovely. I booked an executive room because I wanted a king bed and lots of space to get ready and I was happy with what I got. I didn't see a safe in the room and would have preferred if there was one. We had some kind of corner room. Outside one window there was a view of the park and the other had a view of a lake.

The bathroom was a nice size although I would have preferred an extractor fan and that all 4 lights were working. It was quite dark in one corner without the light. The heated towel rail was a nice touch.

Room service and breakfast was good. There was plenty to eat (cereals, continental and traditional English) for a person who is wheat, dairy and caffeine intolerant like me!

There was one strange thing about the room. It didn't seem to be fixed to the building. When I walked the whole room shook to the point where I thought the wardrobe would fall down. When I was woken in the night by a couple getting intimate, it was because it sounded like their whole room was shaking- not the usual paper thin walls scenario!

The staff were all very helpful apart from the Sunday morning receptionist who made me feel like I was inconveniencing her for checking out. I won't let that minor negative experience stop me from staying again. I've marked the Oatlands Park Hotel as my next place to stay when I need to escape the city!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
cheshire
Reviewed 9 March 2010

The hotel was spotlessly clean.The staff were so pleasant and capable.The food was very good.The bedrooms were very nicely furnished and the beds very comfortable.The reception desk staff were most helpful and competent.We stayed at the hotel to hold a conference which was very well organised by Nicky Tough.We had our own designated person called Steve who was in charge of our conference room and he ensured that
everything went to plan including punctual production of our beautifully prepared working lunch which everyone enjoyed.
I would definitely return to this hotel for another meeting in the future and so would all my colleagues.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Houston, TX
Reviewed 14 February 2010

I stayed at this hotel for the second time due to work meetings (not my choice of hotel!). I asked for a quiet room and was put in a cubby hole of a room at the far corner of the complex. It had a sloping roof so I had to be careful not to hit my head when walking around. My colleague has a room 3 times the size of mine for the same money.

Bathroom had no heat whatsoever so I had to keep the door open so it was not freezing. Bar fridge in room wasn't working but if I wanted to keep a drink cold I just put it in the bathroom and shut the door! Internet in room wouldn't work and was never fixed while I was there.

Room decor was from the 70s; carpet and tv were at least that old. Bed was very hard and not comfortable. Bathtub is typically European narrow with only about 12" width where you stand for the shower. Cold water took forever to come out tap.

Worst thing about the hotel is the rabbit warrenness of it, lots of up and down stairs and trying to remember which corridor to take. If you have bad knees or heavy luggage you will hate it. Restaurant food is haute cuisine so it is weird, small and overpriced. Room service food is not bad.

Hotel hosts lots of weddings and other events so the lobby is often crowded and noisy. Overall I'd say the hotel is typically British - overpriced, poor service, noisy, old and not a good value for the money.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
barnsley
Reviewed 1 January 2010

stayed at the oatlands twice last year and found it a good hotel, staff very friendly.we only stayed b&b but it was very nice,we went out for drinks because they can be very pricey in the hotel,overall we enjoyed our stay and will be returning in 2010
brian

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
weybridge,surrey
Reviewed 18 November 2009

We went to this hotel for sunday lunch which proved to be very embarrassing for all concerned. The starters were dried up and lacked interest. Smoked salmon which were off cuts, cheap little frozen prawns, hard boiled eggs covered in a thin white excuse of mayonnese with no flavour and a few dishes of pasta all thoroughly unappertising.
The 'roasts' were something else, the beef was running in blood, the catering pack turkey breast was dry and the last joint was so mis shapen and awful looking we left it well alone, these delights were accompanied by a waterey cauliflower cheese, great chunks of carrots and similar sized chunks of courgettes, all floating in luke warm water.
The desserts were clearly catering packs, the smallest dull trifle, lumpy custard to go with the cold hard apple pie, just dreadful no wonder there was hardly anyone else there apart from the three piece band who were trying very hard in the corner to finish off a truly dreadful experience by drowning any chance of conversation. DON'T GO THERE!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank weybridgeresident
London
Reviewed 11 September 2009

Stayed there twice during business trips. The hotel is very stylish and unique, but there are some buts. First time I stayed in Oatlands I got a room of a decent size, but with no closet, the second time there was a closet, but the room was surprisingly small and faced a balcony that I couldn't access and from which you could see a very strange backyard with old, ruined buildings. The rooms were always spotless and room service, although not cheap, was also of a high quality. I didn't have too much contact with the stuff, but on the rare occasions I did they were very friendly and helpful. All in all either a good or a very good hotel, depending on which room you get. For me a big advantage was a free Internet connection in every room.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Giulia_London
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
Brooklands Hotel
Great Fosters
Great Fosters
#1 of 5 in Egham
The Runnymede on Thames

Been to Oatlands Park Hotel? Share your experiences!