“Ship Inn, Weybridge”

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Andrew C

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Rooms vary in this hotel and I have been in a couple of nice rooms and one that didn't even have room to put my bag on the floor.
This one was reasonable and had enough room for a one night stay.
The shower didn't work - after a while and a lot of fiddling I managed to get a dribble of fairly hot water out of it.
The pillows were not comfortable - but the bed was OK and the room was clean
Food wasn't spectacular - helpings were small and one of the meals came with a very small helping of a very thin sliced ham that appeared to have come out of a packet.
Breakfast was cooked to order - but not exceptional.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Generalmanager005, General Manager at Best Western The Ship Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Linda E,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor, which I have read. As we are an old hotel steeped in history, we do have some rooms that are larger than others, but they all offer character and charm. I was sorry to learn that you had problems with your shower, we do have a dedicated maintenance manager, I know that he would have been only too willing to fix it, if we had known about it at the time. All our food is freshly sourced and cooked on site. Our Head Chef and his dedicated team are in the process of changing the menu, getting ready for the festive season, please do come back and sample some of his delights. We all look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were given a complimentary invitation to the Tasting Dinner as sadly our hotel experience had not been so great. What a fantastic evening we had, truly made up for there other shortfalls. The food was marvelous, service first class and wine exceptional. Would certainly return to another Tasting Evening.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We were facing some issues in the beginning of our stay.
But soon John resolved all the issues and our stay was overall pleasant.
Mr. Robinson was caring and helpful enough.
Gisella gave us an excellent breakfast to kick start our day.

As a minor suggestion , the WiFi could have been a bit better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Preet R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you found my team to be helpful. We all look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel, when you are next passing.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I was at the Best western ship hotel for about a month along with a few office colleagues. Though the initial impression about the hotel was not so great, after talking to the Hotel manager most of the issues were resolved.

The hotel manager, Mr. Robinson, is caring and is responsive enough. He got our rooms changed as we were not comfortable in the rooms given initially. The basic amenities in the hotel are good. The premises are well maintained, and the staff is friendly. The breakfast served has good variety and some of us being vegans, had good options to choose from.

The hotel is located closer to coffee shops and food stores. The hotel was going through renovation when we were there, and the management did their best to avoid any inconvenience to the guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kishore_Nittala

Dear Kishore_Nittala,

Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel and that I was able to resolve the issues that you initially had. We all look forward to welcoming you back and wish you and your colleagues a happy Christmas and New Year

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Nothing good to say about this place so I wont say much

Other than I have stayed here twice in the last 24 months, work related.
Second time was to give them a second chance ... there wont be a third.

Over Priced
Grotty
So Unfriendly its hard to beleive ( most staff were nice, but managements attatude is well how can i put it ............)
God awful food
Very Expensive bar
Noisy

How this hotel is in business I will never know, other than the lack of competition in the area.
Others I know have had the same experience.

Room Tip: Best bring a sleeping bag ,, you will probably want to leave.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Generalmanager005, General Manager at Best Western The Ship Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear gcadogan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on tripadvisor, all of which I have read and noted. I see that you stayed in May, but you chose to post your review in November, it is a shame that you didn’t post your review sooner. I started as General Manager on the 28th May and since joining BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel, I have made considerable changes, to service, food offering and indeed changes with our team here. The ground floor has also had a major refurbishment and we are just in the process of taking delivery of new soft furnishings. Please do not hesitate to contact me, as I would be delighted to speak with you in person, with regards to your previous stay some 6 months ago. In the meantime all my team here at BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel trust that you will visit us again, so that you can see first hand how we now are operating.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I only stayed here for one night, but the basics are all in place. The room is spotlessly clean, everything you could need is supplied (iron and ironing board, decent hairdryer, lovely selection of teas, coffee and biscuits in the room, good quality toiletries), bed was comfortable, shower was warm and powerful. Bar is open very late if (like us) you're stopping in for a late-night snifter before bed! Staff are friendly and professional. Ample and safe car parking. Very conveniently located in the high street (especially with Waitrose a few doors away) but still my room was quiet. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
1 mi away
#4 of 4 in Weybridge
Hilton Cobham
Hilton Cobham
#3 of 4 in Cobham

Been to Best Western The Ship Hotel? Share your experiences!