“WiFi doesn't work...”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
Brussels, Belgium
“WiFi doesn't work...”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for business and was literally unable to work from the hotel...The internet connection is simply terrible.

Room was more than average.

Yes the place is clean and fairly conveniently located but at this rate I expect much more. I'll make sure no one else from my company ever stays there.

• Stayed June 2014
Generalmanager005, General Manager at Best Western The Ship Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Kartesys,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I was delighted to learn that you found the bedroom to your liking and the hotel clean and tidy. I was however very sorry to learn that you had difficulties connecting to our Wifi. We have five different wifi connections, each requiring a password and each with different strengths, depending on which part of the building you a located in. In each of the bedrooms there is a hard wire connection, located at each of the desks in case guests experience difficulties connecting. The reception is manned 24hrs, we are always available should you require assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you wish to discuss your comments in greater detail, as we would only wish to restore your faith in us. Many thanks once again.

Hotel General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I booked a one night break because I was attending a funeral the following day and was travelling up from Devon. The hotel itself is a short taxi ride from the mainline station, so very convenient for Exeter and even more convenient for travelling into Waterloo, only 20 minutes away.

The hotel is clean and well maintained and our room was perfectly acceptable, comfortable and well equipped. We had lunch when we arrived, which was a surprisingly lovely salad. I had booked a dinner, bed and breakfast for myself and my sister and although we had a good meal, no-one could tell me what was included in the package. I still don't know. The reception staff said they thought it was £25 per head, so we worked on that basis, but it all seemed rather haphazard and unprofessional. It was rather embarrassing as I was treating my sister and this drew attention to the cost of the meal, something I'd have liked to avoid. We ordered 2 rib eye steaks, but they only had one, so I ordered lamb. When they arrived they looked identical, and the member of staff (who was also attending the bar) couldn't tell us which was which, leaving us to sort it for ourselves. The food itself was lovely, well cooked and delicious, but this was rather strange.

I would stay at the hotel again, it was comfortable and conveniently located, but I wouldn't rush back there. I think they could easily improve ratings by ensuring the staff are better informed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Generalmanager005, General Manager at Best Western The Ship Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Susan M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the meals that you ate with us were to your satisfaction. I was interested to learn that you had both the lunch and dinner with us, as we have a variety of menus to choose from, which can be enjoyed either in the courtyard, bar area or in our Restaurant. I was sorry to read that there was confusion over your dinner allocation; I have highlighted this to my front office manager, so that the mix up does not re-occur however it does not seem to have spoilt your stay with us. I have also taken the opportunity to raise your comment regarding the delivery of your food with my operations manager who is in the process of re-training certain members of staff. We all look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel the next time you are in the area. I appreciate your comments and many thanks once again.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed on business for one night and was far more impressed than I have been with other hotels in the area charging a similar rate. This is a really well maintained and relaxing hotel, and reading previous reviews I was pleasantly surprised to have a room with air conditioning on a hot summers night.
I look forward to staying here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear RobMcl,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I trust that you will come and visit us again soon, as we will look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed one Saturday night for £54 room only which is a great rate. The room, 209, is an excellent room of good size and well equiped. The view is nothing to write home about but what can you expect within the M25. Staff were all friendly and parking was free as was the wifi. We didn't eat here because we were meeting friends locally but the restaurant looked nice. There's an open courtyard with tables and chairs and we had drinks after dinner and stayed until about mid-night before going to bed. If I hadn't had that extra glass of wine though I would have been awake all night with the heat. The windows had some security lock on them and it wasn't until 10 minutes before checking out I noticed you could open them wider.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Generalmanager005, General Manager at Best Western The Ship Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Donald2002,

Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you found the bedroom spacious and the staff friendly. As we are in the centre of Weybridge, it is a relief to know that you can park your car free of charge in our car park. We also have a small courtyard which in the summer is perfect for eating and drinking al fresco. If however you are wanting something more substantial our restaurant offers a full al a carte menu, prepared by our team of chefs. The security on the windows are unfortunately a requirement however there is a button which is in the frame of the window, which does state push. This then opens the window wider, added to which all our bedrooms have fans, which are situated in the wardrobe. I understand it can get hot, but a fan does help to circulate the air. Some of our bedrooms do have air conditioning but not all them unfortunately. We all thank you for your kind comments and trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel.

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Arrived at the ship today and upon arrival the room rate was not what they had quoted, the sofa bed was not made up as requested and our room was like a sauna! They supplied a useless fan which made no difference and I doubt either us or our 4 year old son will get any sleep tonight! Add into the mix noisy children running passed the door at 10.30 makes for 3 pretty unhappy campers. On the plus side the room is very big and clean.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Victoria R
Dear Victoria R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I am sorry that you were so hot during your stay with us, we do offer fans in the bedrooms that do not have air conditioning. Our windows have security locks, which mean the windows will open fully if the lock is pushed within the frame of the window. This would then allow more air into the bedroom and to be circulated within. If ever we have alternative bedrooms available we always endeavour to upgrade our guests, if we can. I am pleased however that you found the bedroom to be in good order, spacious and tidy. Please do come back and visit us and I will ensure that you get an air conditioned bedroom if you contact me direct. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel in the not too distant future.

Hotel General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Weybridge hotels

Leeds
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of nights on business. On the first day checked in but had to return to reception twice as the key wouldn't work. On the second day the key wouldn't work again. Seemed to be a common theme as I saw several people reporting the same problem. Rooms are ok but in need of a little TLC. Beds on the other hand! I had a twin room and the beds were little bigger than an iPhone. Spent most of the night in fear of falling off. At 5ft 10 I'm no giant but my feet were sticking out of the end. Overall a decent hotel but colleagues told me there are better in the area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear NWKTJJ,

Thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor. I am so pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Our bedroom keys are operated through an electronic key system, on occasions static electricity, mobile phones and other such devices can indeed play a part in interfering with the coding on the back of the key card, this does seem to happen in hotter more humid weather, it is a rare occurrence nonetheless an inconvenience when is does happen; reception is manned 24hrs. We do have an ongoing bedroom refurbishment programme, starting with the upgrade of our bathrooms, followed by the rooms and corridors. Our Restaurant and ground floor areas have already been refurbished. I trust that during this programme you will come back and visit us at BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel, I would be delighted to talk you through our project. Many thanks once again.

Hotel General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
The Warren Lodge Hotel
The Bridge Hotel
The Bridge Hotel
#3 of 4 in Chertsey
Holiday Inn London-Shepperton

Been to Best Western The Ship Hotel? Share your experiences!