“Food ok staff were not”

Hansa's Thai Kitchen
Ranked #11 of 82 Restaurants in Weybridge
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was the first time I have been to the restaurant and it will be my last. The place is crowded there is simply not enough room. The atmosphere is noisy and damp. On two occasions people tried to sit at the back of us and had to move we are not big people. I noticed that there was no ventilation and the windows were completely dripping with condensation not very hygienic. The head waitress never made eye contact she looked annoyed and never once smiled I considered this to be rude. The owner just wrote bills out all night without looking at anyone. The food was ok but no more I have been to Thailand and all Thai people are so friendly and welcoming it must be our weather that turns them into rude and uncaring people at the restaurant.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Fresh Thai food that is reasonably priced. Family love it and we ate many times there. Food was consistently good.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We've been looking for a good Thai in the area for a while. The last 5 restaurants of various food types in this space have all closed within the year. We first visited in the opening week, just to see how this one would compare. We have been regulars now for 3 years visiting nearly every 6 weeks, & are lucky that's it's walking distance. It's a tiny space (maximum 30 heads at any one time, although small seating area outside in summer), & as such you will need to reserve a seat if going thurs or fri evening. The food is fresh & cooked to order (not reheated). My fiancé loves the Massiman curry & I love the mixed platter starter. The staff are v friendly & Hansa is lovely, although because of the size of the space the number of staff is small & service can be a wait if busy/full. I've read that prices are expensive. However they compare to rest of Weybridge restaurants. We've taken friends & family here & have never been let down.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We have been trying to find a good Thai restaurant in the vicinity for some time now that does not break the bank. We discovered this restaurant on New Year's Day when we went there with our two boys. It is a small place and was quite busy. Thankfully we had booked in advance. The service was prompt and the food was quite tasty and full of flavor. The Tom Yum soup was very good though a tad more sour than what I prefer. The starters and dips were great as was the chicken stir fry. The massaman curry could have had a bit more flavor but overall the experience was very positive. We would really like to try the takeaway on be in the near future.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Hansa's Thai Kitchen is a bustling small restaurant in Oatlands Park Village on the edge of Weybridge. Both of my visits were most satisfying; Thai food prepared to rival that which I routinely had and loved during my many years of travel to Bangkok, Rayong, Chon buri ... The curries are perfect and papaya salad brings a satisfying heat. The staff is small, so patience is required but worth it even if eating alone. If spice is not your preference, they are willing to scale it back at request. I travel to Weybridge monthy and plan to visit this restaurant often.