“A One Day Experience Here”

Bannatyne Health Club & Spa - Weybridge
Ranked #4 of 19 things to do in Weybridge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Immerse yourself in the luxurious surroundings of the Weybridge Health Club & Spa, set in 30 acres of peaceful Surrey countryside. Leave behind the hectic pressures of everyday life and enter our tranquil retreat to let your stresses melt away. Indulge in a pampering spa therapy which draws on ancient rituals with modern day touches, to create the perfect balance of old and new to restore vitality and replenish your body's essential energies. Our spa treatments menu includes an extensive range of: Massages Facials Pedicures & manicures Waxing Bio Sculpture Nail treatments Dermalogica facials Jessica manicures Pedicures Why not treat yourself to the ultimate me time Pamper Package that can include a glass of wine and lunch with your treatments? Or take a group of friends and make it a day of indulgent luxury. Whatever your needs the Weybridge Health Club & Spa is the perfect retreat. A warm welcome awaits you seven days a week. The Weybridge Health Club & Spa is open to members and non-members. We do recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I live in Surrey and a friend told me this Health Club was affordable luxury in terms of treating myself and my partner to spa treatments and the use of the facilities included..

Upon arrival, we were greeted by very friendly receptionists who quickly gave us some medical consultation forms to fill asking various questions about allergies etc and were directed into the cosy lounge area where we ordered a quick coffee with also smiley staff.
One of the receptionists showed us around the whole club, giving us towels, robes and slippers and a locker to place our belongings. The robes were very soft and fluffy and were allowed to roam around the club wearing them.

The changing rooms were spotless and very well desgined appearence and clean. They provide hair dryers, GHDs, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner which I thought was a good touch.

We used the gym first, which is very well equipped! All cardio machines have tv screens with a variety of different channels and radios. The gym staff were also attentive and let us know to ask if we needed any assistance.

We decided to use the spa/pool area before having our treatments and we were not let down by the photos. The whole area is lovely, a big tiled jacuzzi right by a massive window shining light through with a powerful jet to massage your back. The steam room and sauna were also good with various other guests/members enjoying their time relaxing on the sun loungers along the side. There were a few children in the pool but this didnt bother us as we realise there are members visiting too and they caused no problems to us.

The treatment package we bought included an hour and a half worth of treatments and i can honestly say they were the best I've had and my partner agrees also. The spa therapists were so lovely and professional and clearly know what there doing and enjoy it. We both had an hours massage and a thirty minute facial and we felt so relaxed and sleepy when coming out.

We had such a lovely day at The Weybridge Health Club and we will definately be returning in the New Year for the next occasion. The best customer service I have recieved from a leisure industry, all staff making sure we were okay and asking if we needed anything and a beautiful setting and club.

5  Thank michael w

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Treated to a spa day at the club we were welcomed at reception and told that we could collect our robes later. The treatments were 'adequate' but nothing special and one therapist didn't even bother to look at the consultation form - good job there were no allergies,
The 'lounge area' consisted of one sofa and 2 soft chairs right by a large tv screen blaring out the sport - how relaxing! The other places to sit were dining tables ans chairs, not terribly relaxing.
We actually headed out to a local pub for lunch as the single panini and one salad on offer didn't feel appetising based on the tepid coffee we were served by the surly girl behind the counter.
Changing rooms were clean, sadly there were no slippers for us they were "due for delivery later today"!
The hydrotherapy pool was out of order for most off the day, the pool open for children's lessons from 1- and they took over the whole pool. How relaxing! Or perHaps my expectations of a spa day differ from theirs?
The kind gentlemen we met in the steam room showed us how it worked, thankfully, and also recommended a local pub for lunch - best bit of the day!
Would I return? No thanks. The impressive drive does little to persuade me this is a spa venue, just a local gym trying to live beyond its means.

5  Thank 21,105
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Visited the pool & spa area today and was left feeling very disappointed.

Front desk staff are too busy talking between themselves, making little to no effort.

Spa/pool area is rundown and filthy dirty. Kids under the age of 10 were allowed to run shrieking around the pool area, jumping in the, pool, spa, sauna and Jacuzzi, without any intervention from a member of staff, unbelievable! There is an accident waiting to happen at this club.

7  Thank nick w
Neal D, General Manager at Bannatyne Health Club & Spa - Weybridge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Sir

thank you for taking time to write a review.

I am very sorry that you did not have the best experience and would like to take the opportunity to discuss the issues you raised further.

We insist that all children are supervised at all times and that children are not permitted in the spa pool and sauna. We do regular checks on poolside and have CCTV covering the poolside.

I am sorry that on the day you visited we did not live up to the high standards expected.

I am very happy to meet and discuss the issues in person and see what we can do to improve our service.

Please call me.

Kind regards
Neal Davison
General Manager - 01932237770

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Unless things dramatically change I will not be renewing my membership. This week alone....No lights in the changing rooms or toilets. Pool still dirty round the waterline (fungus growing on the dirt), sound system not working showers dirty & in disrepair. Every week something else goes wrong or breaks down. On the plus side Class instructors are excellent and friendly. I had high hopes after the management changed but it soon went downhill after an initial improvement. In my opinion they need some older staff overseeing the young staff and checking that cleaning is done regularly. A lovely setting and pretty flower arrangements alone will not keep this club afloat. Come on guys we need things to improve, we need this club.

2  Thank ballroom04
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Yes, this is a decent club. It's got it all going on; good sports equipment and classes, a cafe and health services such as osteopathy. This last one has been helpful to me personally. What the club needs though is friendlier staff. The reception staff find it far too difficult to be welcoming and friendly; far too tricky to interrupt their chatter.
I've been a member here for years and not one of the staff know me by my name; getting a genuine welcome from the team is rare.
So, in summary, if you want uninterrupted gym time, it's fine. If you want to feel special about being part of a club, forget it.

2  Thank Kneeboy