“Poor”

Bannatyne The Weybridge Spa
Ranked #4 of 17 things to do in Weybridge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Immerse yourself in the luxurious surroundings of the Weybridge Health Club & Spa, set in 30 acres of peaceful Surrey countryside. Leave behind the hectic pressures of everyday life and enter our tranquil retreat to let your stresses melt away. Indulge in a pampering spa therapy which draws on ancient rituals with modern day touches, to create the perfect balance of old and new to restore vitality and replenish your body's essential energies. Our spa treatments menu includes an extensive range of: Massages Facials Pedicures & manicures Waxing Bio Sculpture Nail treatments Dermalogica facials Jessica manicures Pedicures Why not treat yourself to the ultimate me time Pamper Package that can include a glass of wine and lunch with your treatments? Or take a group of friends and make it a day of indulgent luxury. Whatever your needs the Weybridge Health Club & Spa is the perfect retreat. A warm welcome awaits you seven days a week. The Weybridge Health Club & Spa is open to members and non-members. We do recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 322 helpful votes
“Poor”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Have been a member of this club for several years since they have opened. It was impressive at first. Then they have kept increasing prices for their loyal members and giving away memberships for almost next to nothing to attract new custom...

The showers were almost always out of order. Customer service was poor. They have changed all gym equipment without consulting their members. The change was not a positive one!

I have had enough and have cancelled my membership. They have still tried to charge me for SIX months after the notice period! Appalling!!

Visited March 2014
12 Thank XseniaX

Guildford, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My friends and I went to the Weybridge Health Club and Spa today (it was a Christmas present from me to her). I was so disappointed with what we found. Upon arrival the automatic doors wouldn't open so I had to prise them open with my hands. Then the receptionist couldn't find our booking - turns out they had got both my first and surname wrong whilst I booked which they seemed to find amusing. No robes nor slippers were provided. The pool area has 4 loungers, woefully inadequate and it looks more like a leisure centre than a spa. The jacuzzi jet buttons didn't work - rather the jets turned on sporadically. We had pre-ordered lunch on a form as we arrived for 12:30...upon turning up for our lunch we were told they had run out of what we wanted. When it did arrive it was missing the kettle chips promised on the menu. When I enquired about this I was told they had run out. They had also run out of sugar for coffee! (How can you run out of sugar?!) Our treatment (manicure) was nice enough and the only thing that saved the experience. Generally the place is clean but all a bit tatty round the edges. As someone else mentioned, it is NOT a spa, nor is it peaceful. They had pop music blaring out in the pool area meaning my friends and I found it difficult to relax and read.

If this were advertised as a nice leisure centre, fair enough. But I booked and paid for a spa experience which this is definitely not. Will not be returning.

Visited February 2014
6 Thank Carras1982
Crawley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Another birthday to remember”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely back and scalp massage for me and hubby. Only complaint was sadly we could not have done at the same time as only 1 therapist available. We were able to sit in with each other though. Pool, Jacuzzi and steam room lovely. Definitely go again. Our package was £45 each for 30 min back 15 min scalp massage with lunch and glass of wine. Bargain.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Kellynstuart
Weybridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A One Day Experience Here”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I live in Surrey and a friend told me this Health Club was affordable luxury in terms of treating myself and my partner to spa treatments and the use of the facilities included..

Upon arrival, we were greeted by very friendly receptionists who quickly gave us some medical consultation forms to fill asking various questions about allergies etc and were directed into the cosy lounge area where we ordered a quick coffee with also smiley staff.
One of the receptionists showed us around the whole club, giving us towels, robes and slippers and a locker to place our belongings. The robes were very soft and fluffy and were allowed to roam around the club wearing them.

The changing rooms were spotless and very well desgined appearence and clean. They provide hair dryers, GHDs, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner which I thought was a good touch.

We used the gym first, which is very well equipped! All cardio machines have tv screens with a variety of different channels and radios. The gym staff were also attentive and let us know to ask if we needed any assistance.

We decided to use the spa/pool area before having our treatments and we were not let down by the photos. The whole area is lovely, a big tiled jacuzzi right by a massive window shining light through with a powerful jet to massage your back. The steam room and sauna were also good with various other guests/members enjoying their time relaxing on the sun loungers along the side. There were a few children in the pool but this didnt bother us as we realise there are members visiting too and they caused no problems to us.

The treatment package we bought included an hour and a half worth of treatments and i can honestly say they were the best I've had and my partner agrees also. The spa therapists were so lovely and professional and clearly know what there doing and enjoy it. We both had an hours massage and a thirty minute facial and we felt so relaxed and sleepy when coming out.

We had such a lovely day at The Weybridge Health Club and we will definately be returning in the New Year for the next occasion. The best customer service I have recieved from a leisure industry, all staff making sure we were okay and asking if we needed anything and a beautiful setting and club.

Visited November 2013
5 Thank michael w
Farnham, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Spa? What spa??”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Treated to a spa day at the club we were welcomed at reception and told that we could collect our robes later. The treatments were 'adequate' but nothing special and one therapist didn't even bother to look at the consultation form - good job there were no allergies,
The 'lounge area' consisted of one sofa and 2 soft chairs right by a large tv screen blaring out the sport - how relaxing! The other places to sit were dining tables ans chairs, not terribly relaxing.
We actually headed out to a local pub for lunch as the single panini and one salad on offer didn't feel appetising based on the tepid coffee we were served by the surly girl behind the counter.
Changing rooms were clean, sadly there were no slippers for us they were "due for delivery later today"!
The hydrotherapy pool was out of order for most off the day, the pool open for children's lessons from 1- and they took over the whole pool. How relaxing! Or perHaps my expectations of a spa day differ from theirs?
The kind gentlemen we met in the steam room showed us how it worked, thankfully, and also recommended a local pub for lunch - best bit of the day!
Would I return? No thanks. The impressive drive does little to persuade me this is a spa venue, just a local gym trying to live beyond its means.

Visited December 2013