“Fantastico!!”

Ranked #7 of 83 Restaurants in Weybridge
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are very excited to announce that you are now able to sample Valentina Fine Foods in Surrey with our fifth store open in Weybridge. Our Italian delicatessen and restaurant opened on September 15th and not only offers the family’s award-winning signature range of own label groceries, which features 22 types of antipasti; 8 different wheatgerm pastas; 18 olive oils and 10 jams & honeys, but also Italian store cupboard essentials and a range of fresh food. The Italian delicatessen has over 30 types of regional Italian cheese, as well as artisan charcuterie and a range of ready prepared foods from the restaurant kitchens to take home and serve. A catering service is offered, as well as home delivery of Italian food within a 5 mile radius of the store. Customers can choose from a 200 strong regional Italian wine list, which is available for retail and restaurant purchase. Our restaurant will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as offering Illy coffee and pastries throughout the day. Like all Valentina branches, Weybridge offers a changing seasonal menu using ingredients from the delicatessen and hearty recipes that have been handed down through the family for generations. RESERVE A TABLE ONLINE NOW!
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Had a meal here on Saturday night whilst staying over in Weybridge. Lovely little restaurant. When you walk through the door you might be mistaken that you've walked into an Italian delicatessen!! Walk through and you're in the restaurant. We had a lovely two course dinner - would have been three but couldn't fit it in!! The waiter was very friendly with nothing being a problem for him. I had the aubergine to start with followed by tagliatelle my husband had the quail followed by risotto - all delicious!! We paid £51 for the two courses plus two beers and one cider. Very good value for money - would we come again - definitely - I love Italian!! :)

2  Thank JRJ125

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This place is a little cramped but I like it. I've enjoyed every meal I've had there. It hasn't knocked my socks off, but its a reliably good meal that isn't really expensive. It filled a gap in weybridge for a good lunch place that wasn't too heavy. I love the stuff they have in their shop up front too. The staff in the front are always really friendly. The service can be a bit slow in the back bc it gets busy...but just speak up and get their attention. They are right on top of things.

1  Thank Heather B
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The approach to the restaurant is lovely very traditional deli style, Great merchandising that's Carluccios would be proud of! The staff were fantastic friendly and helpful and team seemed to go beyond what was expected, the food has always been fantastic and the environment was clean contemporary and vibrance! Well done Valentina's

1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We went to Valentina last Saturday with another couple. We had a great time. Two of us had lobster linguini, one had clam linguini and the our had pasta neapitino.
It is without doubt the best linguini I have ever had. the waiter was very welcoming and very attentive. We were surprised the bill wasn't more. It also incorporates a shop .When I have more time I will have a good look around the items.
We will be returning very soon ,
Thank you for a lovely time.

1  Thank catfish6
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I went to Valentina in Weybridge with a friend last night and had a wonderful meal. I'm passionate about Italian food and I'v been reading up in preparation for a trip to Rome in September. Based on my exploration of Surrey's Italian restaurants to date, this is the best meal I've had and a great overall experience.

FOOD
We ordered the boneless quail stuffed with risotto and sitting in a creamy Dolcelatte sauce. It was rich and utterly delicious. The quail was salty and tender, the risotto was soft enough to melt in the mouth, and the sauce was silky and light. We also ordered the thin-cut cured meat with artichoke. Although the strips of meat were salty, the lemon juice and artichoke helped to cut through this saltiness. A lovely explosion of flavour.

For main, I had the ricotta and spinach ravioli in a sage butter sauce. This was great. The pasta was fresh and soft. The menu has a good variety of dishes from all regions of Italy, so there's a lot to choose from. I was a little disappointed not to see carbonara.

I asked for an espresso to finish my meal, 'The Italian way?' my waiter asked, 'Yup'. The quality of the coffee alone is a reason in itself to visit Valentina.

SERVICE
We hadn't booked a table, but a rather eccentric waiter told us '10 minutes, gave us free glasses of prosecco and a smile, so we stayed and I'm so glad we did. Service was friendly and attentive and the restaurant is run by Italians it seems, so you really feel like you're having an authentic Italian experience in the middle of Surrey. We were even given free chocolates and limoncello to finish our meal, which was a nice touch and very generous.

ATMOSPHERE
The service here really does contribute to an authentic feeling. There's a deli in the front selling real Italian produce - cheeses, meats, olives, fresh pasta, pastries. I had a lovely time, but I think they could do more to make the restaurant area feel a little more atmospheric. I'll be bringing my partner here for a date, I want more of the food, but I wouldn't say the atmosphere is romantic.

I'm planning my next visit.

2  Thank Camilla M