“Going downhill since new managment”
Review of Colony - CLOSED

Colony
Price range: US$27 - US$48
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Under New Management ! Better Menu ! Better Service ! Better Taste ! Better Prices ! Serving Cantonese , Szechaun & Beijing Cuisine ! Specail Set Menu Available for all Private & Business Party ! Takeaway Service & Delivery Also Available !
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I have been going to this restaurant regularly for the last seven years and sadly this will be our last visit. After the "refurb" several months ago, the food has gone downhill drastically. The decor is much the same as before, the service was polite and eager (as we were the ONLY people in the restaurant at 8pm in the evening !), but i go for the food and sadly this is expensive for poor quality reheated pre-cooked food tasting like its laden with MSG. No thanks in my book ! Sadly for Weybridge this leaves us without a decent enough Chinese restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Colony

Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

I ordered a take away from this restaurant in the 1st of January spending £55. Never have I been so disappointed in a take away. Of the 8 dishes ordered only 1 was decent (spare ribs) the rest was the most bland Chinese food I have ever tasted, utterly revolting! The worst was the Pad Thai, although not Chinese but a simple dish to make only they managed to make an unholy abortion of it. 5 prawns and some stuck together noodles that came out in one giant sticky clump, not a vegetable or peanut in sight! The rest was only fractionally better and that's being generous. Tasteless and bland, I won't be eating from there again.

3  Thank Kleinosaur
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Family meal to celebrate Christmas. So pleased we chose The Colony in Weybridge. The staff were very attentive, friendly and in the festive spirit! One thing we like to do is order our starters first and then decide on our main courses afterwards, we had no problems in doing this and the waitress even suggested in particular the Prawn Toast starter which was so tasty - I wish I had taken a photo to post on here. The main courses were equally as good, it is good to have the choice of Chinese and Thai.
I've just read through some of the other comments about The Colony and I can't agree with any of the negativity regarding the atmosphere and decor, I thought it seemed very fresh and comfortable and the staff were nothing but friendly and helpful. I am already planning our next visit and will look forward to ordering from the takeaway menu

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Very decent Chinese restaurant. Haven't have such good Chinese for a long time. Very authentic, and carefully prepared. Nice decoration and excellent service. reasonable price as well. I will definitely visited again and recommend to my friends! generally speaking, it is fantastic!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

too expensive, poor food and service and such a boring atmosphere ! Revamped ?? - just seems to be the old restaurant as before - white walls and boring decor. The only thing that seems to have been revamped is their costly menu !

5  Thank SOUTHENDAVENUE