“A real italian resturant”
Review of Giannis

Giannis
Ranked #29 of 81 Restaurants in Weybridge
Price range: US$27 - US$34
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Went for the first time Saturday night and i must say i was very impressed, the service was great and food magnificent. Good sized portions and lots of flavour, the wine list is also very good.

There are newer reviews for Giannis

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great food, great service. Looks very small from outside but they do have an upstairs. Everyone who came in had a booking. We asked for changes to one of the dishes from the menu and it was no problem at all. Will be going back. Good value with the taste card.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My friend and I went to Gianni's restaurant today, food was good but nothing amazing. We had a taste card so it was 2 for 1 on the mains .

Shortly after we sat down, bread and olives were brought to our table which we thought was a nice touch - neither of us ate the bread but we had a couple of the others so as not to appear rude.

After our main meal we asked for the bill, we then saw we had been charged for the bread and olives! We were shocked, most restaurants offer appetisers but don't bring them to your table unless asked unless they are complimentary. It all seemed a bit of a con to be honest, at the time we thought it may have been because we had a taste card! it seemed he had wanted to get as much money out of us as possible.

Both my friend and I felt a little disgruntled by this, the bill came to £17.90 so it was £8.95 per person. Essentially the amount of money to leave for a tip is 10%, because we felt we had been wronged by being charged £1 each for the olives and bread which we barely touched we decided to not leave a tip out of principal.

Later, I called my friend to say I had left the taste card at the restaurant by accident. I rang Gianni's to ask if I had left it on the table. He then replied with: 'no, nothing was left on the table, not even a tip which is absolutely disgusting' when I stated that we had not left a tip primarily out of principal he was just surly and rude. He then state that it mentioned on the menu that olives and breads were extra, at no point did we see this on the menu. Clearly this is not the way you should be treating customers, needless to say we will not be returning.

Yes, the food was good - not amazing but good. However, the attitude was unnecessary and offensive. Mr Gianni - you would have got a tip had you not charged us an extortionate amount for a couple of non pitted olives.

Beware local diners, it all seems a bit of a con.

5  Thank Lucy H
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Very small, cramped restaurant. No candles & food very average food & not much thought put into presentation. Sadly our waiter needed to look at his personal hygiene as smelt of body odour!!! Not a great experience-owner needs to invest in improving this restaurant in our opinion. Plenty of other superior restaurants in Weybridge.

3  Thank Annie9876
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We have been visiting Giannis on a regular basis over many years, sometimes with extended family (kids and grandparents), sometimes with friends, and sometimes just the two of us, as tonight. We have never been disappointed. The food is excellent; fresh, delicious and beautifully presented. The service is warm, friendly and attentive; Gianni is delightful; he always makes you feel very welcome and ensures you are happy with your meal etc. Tonight I enjoyed a starter of perfectly ripe avocado & sun-dried tomato with parmesan and fresh salad leaves, followed by beautifully cooked sea bass in white wine sauce. Dessert is a must, and tonight it was Lemon / mascapone cheesecake followed by cappuccino and lemoncello liqueur. I cannot find words to praise this restaurant sufficiently. I can merely recommend that you visit Giannis and find out for yourselves how wonderful it is.