“A piece of Italy”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Warrington, United Kingdom
“A piece of Italy”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Really enjoy visiting Piccolinos. Gets very busy so definitely worth booking. Staff always helpful and food is always well prepared and presented. Good quality wines and champagnes as well as beers and spirits. A true element of italy, gets noisey and full of conversation. The almosphere and decor elegant and always clean. Toilets are upstairs and kept clean and tidy. A great place to go with family and friends. Also some outdoor seating with heaters if you are lucky there is space. Garlic prawns to die for!!!!

Visited August 2013

Cheshire, England
“Just too expensive for what you get”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

As a vegetarian, I have never felt there was much on the menu for us "non meat eaters". However, as it was suggested as an option for our upcoming office Christmas Party, I thought I would give it another try.

My "meat eating" colleague really likes Piccolino's and was very happy with the quality of his meal, whilst I again thought the vegetarian pasta was just average. Service is fine, but our main course arrived after nearly an hour, which on a relatively quiet lunchtime is a bit too long. However, the big problem we both had is the price. £48 (inc. a 10% tip that you are encouraged to give) is just too much for a shared garlic bread starter, 2 main courses (one vegi), 1 portion of chips and two bottles of water. Had the bill been around £30, I would have given a higher start rating, but for me, the price that you pay, considering what you get, just doesn't add up.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank FamilyHolidayTaker
Manchester
“Super Tasty Italian Food!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My hubby and I decided to pop in to Piccolino's on a Saturday night granted we had not reserved a table but to our surprise they had a table which they could seat us at.

However this table was right opposite the door and was quite high up being only 5ft and heavily pregnant I must admit was a little bit of a struggle but none the less I managed with the help of my lovely hubby!

I had the chicken, with Gnocci and mushrooms, it was delicious, I honestly could of eaten it again! My hubby had the steak medium done to which I didn't hear him really complain! You could tell it was prepared and cooked well despite the restaurant being VERY busy! We didn't have starters nor a dessert. I had a lemonade and my hubby a Bierre Moretti & a Glass of Red Wine, the bill came to £57.00 which I do consider quite pricey for two meals and 3 drinks but none the less the food was lovely and they did squeeze us in,

Staff service and hospitality is of a good standard too the waiter who cleared our main's dishes away he was lovely and friendly and asked if I was OK, as he must of seen me struggling to scale the seat, table etc.. to sit down in as dignified manner as one can do being heavily pregnant!

All round great meal, and atmosphere, however I would definitely recommend booking! Will be returning.

Bruges, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing business lunch”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I have had a few good experiences at other Piccalino restaurants and so was looking forward to a lunch set up by one of my colleagues.
The service was acceptable however the food served up was well below the standard you would expect at the prices charged. A steak had to be returned as it was inedible. The peas to go with it didn't arrive and my tomato and basil insalata was a small dish of sliced tomato with no insalata. The lasagne l also had was mushy and burnt to the dish.
Overall I would not recommend trying this place at lunchtime.

1 Thank 698IanR312
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Have visited Piccolinos in Stockton Heath several times, along with that at Clitheroe, and previously have been very happy, but visited last night as a group of four adults and three children (7 to 10 year olds who appreciate a good restaurant) and we we all a bit disappointed.

No children`s menu we were told, they can have anything on the menu at half price, but that wasn`t the case and we had to pay full price for lasagne, and there were restrictions on other choices. Two garlic breads as starters took ages to appear, then a long gap for the main course, another long gap for the sweet. Don`t like being rushed for a meal, but it was a bit slow for our fairly simple requirements.

Overall the food was good, though small proportions for the price, and overpriced drinks. Not overly impressed by the service, my son thought our waiter was very poor, can`t put into print what he actually said, but I did delete the 10% service charge!

Think we might give it a miss in the future.

1 Thank Bez5