“Excellent new Chef brings Ram back to it's best”
Review of The Rams Head Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warrington
The Rams Head Inn
Ranked #3 of 14 Warrington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Went to the Ram's Head for tea on Friday night as there was no room at the Parr Arms. To be honest we almost went home for a takeaway as this place has been terrible for ages. HOWEVER !!!!!! We were bowled over by the wonderful service and gorgeous food. I had fishcakes which were delicious , then steak which was perfectly cooked and served with the best chips I've ever tasted. The sauce was homemade and really good. My husband had tagliatelle and also really enjoyed it.
The new Head chef ( been there for a couple weeks) came out and asked us whether we enjoyed our food and was genuinely interested in feedback. He said that he's keeping the menu simple for a while to really sort out quality and then he's planning to build on it. What a nice bloke. Impressed and delighted that the Rams is better than ever .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UkFamilycl

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Just finished work hungry and tied. Offered a great meal and beer. Two young men smart served me helped me choose a meal and recommended food. Great experience they even brought me more beer to my table and chatted with us. Then the chief came out and asked was the meal ok and offered me a great desert. So the other reviews must be wrong. Well done come again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Riggers2
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Just finished work hungry and served a great meal great service two young men made me welcome and recommended food. Fast service and a busy inn pub. Defiantly come again. I was even offered a desert by the chief . Nice environment and staff stayed few few beers to enjoy experience.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We (my mother and I) had lunch on Sunday 15 th September - it was so good I thought I would make a comment on trip advisor . reading the other reviews it looks like there are 2 different Rams Heads in Grappenhall. We had a great meal , were well looked after and really enjoyed it.
Yes it is not the cheapest in the area , but staff were very helpful and our request to change a dish slightly (my mother does not eat garlic in anything) were accepted with a smile . Maybe they paid heed to the previous reviews and improved ?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Philip H
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Upon arrival the bar area was completely empty so we thought that we would be served quickly - but the 3 bar men were more interested in sorting out some issue they had with the till. We were completely ignored for around 3 minutes, not even an acknowledgement. I was dismayed to hear that they had no rose wine for the 2nd time in weeks and was told that that managers are too incompetent to order enough in by a young barman. The chap that actually served my partner may be Australian, he is very arrogant and has a real attitude problem - he would benefit from some serious customer service training. The pub has recently undergone a refurb and looks great inside - we had planned on sitting in for a few hours to enjoy a bottle of wine, but as they had none we left swiftly after my partner finished his pint. Did the refurb cost so much that they can't afford to stock Rose wine? This place has really gone downhill.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joanne M
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We have been to The Rams Head several times before and always enjoyed a great meal. Unfortunately, this can not be said from our visit yesterday! Lunch Service very slow you wouldn't mind this if the food was good. We ordered steak and ale pie and barnsley lamb chops not cheap at £10.95 each. There was 4 tiny pieces of meat in the pie and the pastry was awful. My chops were mostly bone obviously frozen ones not fresh. And the "jus" had whole pieces of uncooked rosemary. It was terrible. We were very disappointed and wont be going back.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lpp84
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My family and I ate at this establishment on 7th August. We were looking for a reasonable quality 'pub grub' experience. The waiters and waitresses were friendly and when the drinks came and the quality of the beer was excellent (Spitfire) I was quite happy that we had made a good choice based on a good reputation that the Rams Head enjoyed.
Things went sadly down hill from there. The service was poor from ordering to serving was slow.
When the plates were presented at table the portions were small the food was tastless and of poor quality considering the price of the meal I did not think it value for money.
We ate a main dish and a sweet and with drinks the bill was over £100.00 and really did not represent value at all.
We filled in a customer feedback form registered our complaint and left it there. Upshot being I would not recommend The Rams Head for food and would never return to trepeat this experience

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrington
The Park Royal
Statham Lodge Hotel
Holiday Inn Warrington
Holiday Inn Warrington
#12 of 22 in Warrington

Been to The Rams Head Inn? Share your experiences!