The Rams Head Inn
The Park Royal(Stretton)
US$107
Hallmark Hotel Warrington(Warrington)(Great Value!)
US$59
Travelodge Warrington(Warrington)(Great Value!)
US$49
Travelodge
US$82
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Warrington South Hotel(Stretton)(Great Value!)
US$82
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnice sunday lunchfish menutagliatelledelightful country pubsunday roastdecent qualitybeef
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Very poor Christmas day lunch. Rams Head was also open for bar customers so those lunch customers who had a table on edge of room had bar customers stood close around their table as they dined. Service was appalling. 40mins after sitting down we had not been offered food or drink (and others had waited longer than us!) This was not the fault of staff who were working very hard. They were understaffed and the manager was apparently at home (he obviously knew better than to choose The Rams Head for his Xmas lunch!) Tables were crammed together, no festive atmosphere and food was at best average. Very disappointing compared with previous experience at other hotels in same price bracket.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AdamEve555
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We used the Rams Head on recommendation as good place to have refreshments for our mothers Wake. I have to admit we were nervous wether the choice was the right one following the comments left by some on trip advisor but nevertheless trusted our friends opinion as a good place to use.

I am pleased to say the food was excellent, brought out at the precise time requested and delivered by very polite staff. It was an enormous relief to my sister and I all went without any hitch and that many people commented to us how impressed they were.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I went with a few friends that I hadn't seen for ages. One had recommended the Rams Head as it has a new chef. I must say, the food was amazing - I had steak and it was cooked perfectly! My pal had one of their signature dishes, the fish and chips. It was really really good - I had to have a try!!
The staff were really welcoming and attentive and it is well worth a visit!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The is the first time that I have ever reviewed a restaurant online but I felt I should do after our fantastic experience at the Rams Head. We went with our family (6 of us) to the Rams Head for Christmas dinner and I have to say we had an amazing time. We found all the staff really friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was cosy and friendly. The food was excellent and we can't thank the management and staff enough for making this a great day for our family. Can't wait to go back in the new year!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Firstly I'd like to say the staff who were giving up their time on Xmas day were brilliant and worked tirelessly, especially the waitress who was rushed off her feet. The rest of this message is directly squarely at the landlord/leaseholder(s) of the pub. This was without question the worst Xmas dinner we've ever had! The starters were awful. The main course came with a splash of watered down gravy, 2 undercooked roast potatoes, and the veg was just simple boiled carrots and sprouts of which we had barely a portion each. Then came the dessert...most of our table of 7 Went for the apple crumble. This came out with crumble sprinkled uncooked on top and was disgusting. Crackers with the cheese and biscuits were stale...only 2 people at our table even attempted to eat their starter. I find it hard to believe how the individual(s) responsible for running this pub can allow such mediocre food to be prepared for what is the most important meal of the year and charge more than £60 a head for it! Once more thank you to the staff...it's a shame the manager wasn't working to hear this complaint directly.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family