Chat Moss Hotel
US$125
pentahotel Warrington(Warrington)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Restaurant
Hallmark Hotel Warrington(Warrington)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$58
Travelodge Warrington(Warrington)(Great Value!)
US$49
Travelodge
    US$104
    US$76
    PremierInn.com
    Premier Inn Haydock Hotel(Warrington)(Great Value!)
    US$74
    US$77
    • Restaurant
    Premier Inn Warrington South Hotel(Stretton)(Great Value!)
    US$76
    PremierInn.com
    Travelodge Warrington Gemini(Warrington)(Great Value!)
    US$49
    Travelodge
    See what travellers are saying:
    Reviewed 25 January 2009

Having stayed at the Chat Moss and been treated to a very enjoyable time there (in fact have already booked the room for later in the year) I was stunned to read the review slating the place.
    The atmosphere was warm and friendly and I was treated like a friend by the landlord, landlady and bar staff who went out of there way to make me feel at home - always appreciated when away on business.
    The room was warm, clean and comfortable and more than adequate for my needs. Food was good, plenty of it and priced well - meal and a brace of ales for less than 12 quid was a price well worth paying.
    Outside was a massive garden to sit in which I believe is very child friendly with climbing frames etc - although it being January and me being older than 10 I didnt venture out into it.
    I would certainly recommend this pub to stay in.

Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    Reviewed 5 August 2008

We are a family of three with a young child who is 3 years old. We decided to try the Chat Moss Hotel as we were visiting my parents who live within walking distance of the hotel. Having previously stayed in one of the Premier Inns on the East Lancs, all we were really looking for was a clean, quiet place to sleep, as we would only be spending a minimal amount of time in the place.

When we arrived at 14.30 having been told on the phone that we could get in the room from lunchtime, we were greeted by a fairly smart downstairs bar, which has been recently refurbished, so far so good, we thought. I explained to the chap behind the bar that we had booked a room and he went to find a someone else, who I believe was the Landlady. She arrived with a key and went upstairs muttering something about seeing if the room was ready. About 10 minutes later she returned to show us the room. At first glance, the room was pretty basic, but on closer inspection, the bathroom was just disgustingly filthy. The toilet hadn't been cleaned and actually had the remnants of something in it, which took me four of five flushes to get rid of, the shower was badly stained and had not been cleaned properly - it was just not acceptable. The sheets on the bed looked decidedly not clean and certainly not pressed...all in all it was a sorry state of affairs.

We decided that we would see if we could change hotels as we were not keen on the idea of staying. Later that night when we returned to repack and collect our things, we were greeted by a pub full of very loud people and within 10 minutes of our arrival - approximately 21.45 - the Karaoke started and in our room we may as well have been sitting in the bar the music was so loud. When the property was refurbished, there had obviously not been too much money spent on the accommodation, particularly in respect of the soundproofing, which was non existent.

We left shortly afterwards, informing the Landlady that we could not possibly stay in the property a moment longer...she did not respond, so I can assume that this is not the first time this has happened...!!!

If there is nowhere else to stay within 50 miles of the Chat Moss, across the road is a bus shelter...

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
      • Check-in / front desk
      • Business service (e.g., internet access)
    6  Thank tropnevad
    Kristian H, Assistant Manager at Chat Moss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2015

Dear Tropnevad

First of all I would like to apologise for the stay you had at The Chat Moss in 2008 and for the fact that no one has responded to your coments.

My self and the new Licence C have been at The Chat Moss Since the end of last year and are working hard to improve the business.

I have read through all the reviews and are taking everything on board,

Although we have a lot of work a head of us we hope to be given the chance to change your view of The Chat Moss, If you wish to give us another chance we can sertanly offer a discount on your accommodation.

kind regards