“The staff are the gem in this hotel”
Review of Villaggio

Villaggio
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“The staff are the gem in this hotel”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I stayed here for a second year before the English Half Marathon. The stay was not without its faults.

Firstly my room was right above a wedding reception so my room was shaking until well after midnight. For the second year running my booked alarm call arrived 20 minutes after the time I had asked for. Also for the second year running the taxi I had asked to be booked didn't turn up and I had to ask them to ring them again. The shower had two settings scalding or freezing.

The staff however were amazing and deserve to be commended and the restaurant food was very nice indeed.

I think, however, that next year will see me stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We went here as a party of five last night straight after work, we booked a table for 5.30pm. The restaunt is very large but it is sectioned off in places so you could happily have your own smaller sized party in one of the other areas. They have a set meal for £10.95 which most of us chose from. Starters were lovely and so was the main meal and the desserts were fine to.
Staff were very friendly and very efficient and we were all very happy to leave a tip for their great service. Drink prices were very resonable to.
There was about ten other diners in while we were there. The wait for food was fine not too long at all
Would i go here again? I would say yes after work but not somewhere i would to choose to go at weekend lots background music and it was quite loud so it was hard to talk at times.
But all in all a great place to have a very nice and inexpensive food with good service in plesant suroundings
I forgot to add there is a lovely garden at the back, what a shame it is hidden from view because it was very pretty and well kept, 100% for the gardener

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed here Bank holiday Friday in August, and we were delighted with the facilities and presentation of our room. It was spotless, spacious enough, enough-suite clean and modern, modern TV with every channel you could ever need, and a view of the very pleasant garden and patio. However the two best things about our stay were both the fabulous breakfast included in the price, and the wonderful staff who couldn't't do enough for their guests. Special mention goes to the lovely Ilona, who was so hospitable and friendly to everybody in the breakfast room. Her lovely smile brightened the morning for everybody, and the hotel was completely full, so she was kept extremely busy. We also briefly saw the room servicing girls, who again were also very polite and pleasant. The person we barely saw were the chef/kitchen staff, but we were very impressed with our lovely breakfast. Cereal, juice, as much tea/coffee and toast as you wanted and a perfectly cooked and presented English breakfast. Best ever guys! A really enjoyable stay, we're hoping to come back very soon. I'm sure everyone will enjoy Villagio as much as we did, it's a family run
hotel, and they clearly care about your comfort and satisfaction.
A big thank you to Abby a wonderful down-to-earth honest 'good guy', who we were so pleased to have met. Our very best wishes go to him, and his family. May God's blessings be yours always.

Room Tip: We got the last vacant room which was 2 single beds. Not a problem for 1 night, the beds were spotle...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

WE stayed at this Hotel on Saturday 3/8/13 for one night and it was lovely, ample parking, clean room, very pleasant staff and the food was fantastic. The room was on the small side but it was big enough for one night we stayed in room 12, you could hear people going up and down the stairs but it did not bother us, bathroom was large and lovely, shower was not great but it worked and the water was hot. The bar area was comfortable and modern, the food was lovely i could not fault it, the house wine i did not like, but the staff were happy to change it for another and did not charge me for it, we had an evening meal with drinks and it was still under £60,00, the breakfast the following morning was great, lots of choice and again friendly staff. This Hotel should definitely be a 3 star and not a 2, it was cheap and well worth the visit.

Room Tip: Don't have Room 12 if you don't like to hear people walking up and down the stairs.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
isle of man
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stayed here for one night on the 27th on business.The hotel is small and very comfortable and clean.The staff are superb and extremely efficient with nothing being too much trouble .I dropped my flight booking reference at reception when booking in and they kept it safe overnight for me.Breakfast is good with cooking to order and all that you need.My room was very clean and very comfortable with a flat screen tv coffee facilities and en suite bathroom.I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kathyIsleOfMan
cheshire
Reviewed 7 May 2013

we have had two of my grandchildrens christening meals here. the staff cannot do enough for you very well presented and food is beautiful.lovely comfy seating for pre drinks. would highly recommend. easy parking too

Room Tip: we didnt use the hotel for sleeping
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2013

nice family run hotel great 3 course meal nice upto date rooms tv on wall shower was big and power full i forgot my toothbrush and the guy on reception went to the shop for me to buy a new one now that's service you wouldnt get from a big company chain ! l really enjoyed my breakfast as it was freshly cooked to order really really good hotel a MUST STAY IN WARRINGTON

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business