“enjoyable stay”

Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
southport
“enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed here on Saturday 12th October for one night.
To start with there is ample car parking,check in was straight forward, only complaint I would have here is that you have to pay on arrival (gives you the feeling that they don't trust people) we were given room 4 at the front of the building overlooking the main road but not a problem with road noise , this is a 2 star establishment but i would class it at least 3 stars.
The room was fairly large with the usual amenities such as tea /coffee facilities, LCD TV of a decent size,there was a small couch and chair in the room,the bed was clean and very comfortable (we had a good nights sleep),there was central heating in both the room and ensuite bathroom.
The bathroom was very modern with a large walk in shower (no bath)the fittings etc all looked new,only complaint here was the shower head was one of them cylindrical type so no proper sprayhead.
One thing they advertise free Wi-Fi but I could not log on in any area so used my 3g could be a problem if using laptop.
The dinning area was very clean and service was very good.
Dinning is mainly Ala carte but the food was very good as was the service we had a three course priced at £15 each which was good value,it was quiet whilst we where dinning so there was a lot of staff working and they keep everything clean,the only other gripe was that they seem a bit eager to clear your table but not a problem just an observation.it is well located for all the local atractions .
To conclude.. we paid £45 for one night and consider it excellent value and we would not hesitate to return or recomended it.the staff are excellent and very helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank brilin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Conwy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Most horrendous experience I have ever had. I stayed for two nights with my husband. We had a meal on our first night which I booked to my room. Nice meal and service at this point. We invited a friend to join us for a meal the second night. After the meal the restaurant manager and booking clerk, in front of our guest, ran over to me and shouted at me to settle my bill there and then. They demanded I paid the night before I checked out, in a manner that suggested I was going to leave without payment, this was a total insult. To be asked by two members of staff in a loud aggressive manner was bad enough but when I had the audacity to complain about the way I was asked in front of my guest, the staff member was very aggressive indeed. I think you need to train your staff in customer service. I was angry, upset and embarrassed at my treatment. All the other establishments I have visited trust their guests. I was offered a half price stay in future but what an empty offer as why would I want to stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't visit unless you enjoy being shouted at.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Cherry S
Ireland
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The hotel was good value for money. My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights and had no fault with the room. It was spacious and clean. The staff were really friendly and the breakfast in the morning is first class. If you get chatting to Adi the owner then you will quickly realise that he is a gentleman and therefore his staff follow his lead.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I stayed here for a second year before the English Half Marathon. The stay was not without its faults.

Firstly my room was right above a wedding reception so my room was shaking until well after midnight. For the second year running my booked alarm call arrived 20 minutes after the time I had asked for. Also for the second year running the taxi I had asked to be booked didn't turn up and I had to ask them to ring them again. The shower had two settings scalding or freezing.

The staff however were amazing and deserve to be commended and the restaurant food was very nice indeed.

I think, however, that next year will see me stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We went here as a party of five last night straight after work, we booked a table for 5.30pm. The restaunt is very large but it is sectioned off in places so you could happily have your own smaller sized party in one of the other areas. They have a set meal for £10.95 which most of us chose from. Starters were lovely and so was the main meal and the desserts were fine to.
Staff were very friendly and very efficient and we were all very happy to leave a tip for their great service. Drink prices were very resonable to.
There was about ten other diners in while we were there. The wait for food was fine not too long at all
Would i go here again? I would say yes after work but not somewhere i would to choose to go at weekend lots background music and it was quite loud so it was hard to talk at times.
But all in all a great place to have a very nice and inexpensive food with good service in plesant suroundings
I forgot to add there is a lovely garden at the back, what a shame it is hidden from view because it was very pretty and well kept, 100% for the gardener

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed here Bank holiday Friday in August, and we were delighted with the facilities and presentation of our room. It was spotless, spacious enough, enough-suite clean and modern, modern TV with every channel you could ever need, and a view of the very pleasant garden and patio. However the two best things about our stay were both the fabulous breakfast included in the price, and the wonderful staff who couldn't't do enough for their guests. Special mention goes to the lovely Ilona, who was so hospitable and friendly to everybody in the breakfast room. Her lovely smile brightened the morning for everybody, and the hotel was completely full, so she was kept extremely busy. We also briefly saw the room servicing girls, who again were also very polite and pleasant. The person we barely saw were the chef/kitchen staff, but we were very impressed with our lovely breakfast. Cereal, juice, as much tea/coffee and toast as you wanted and a perfectly cooked and presented English breakfast. Best ever guys! A really enjoyable stay, we're hoping to come back very soon. I'm sure everyone will enjoy Villagio as much as we did, it's a family run
hotel, and they clearly care about your comfort and satisfaction.
A big thank you to Abby a wonderful down-to-earth honest 'good guy', who we were so pleased to have met. Our very best wishes go to him, and his family. May God's blessings be yours always.

Room Tip: We got the last vacant room which was 2 single beds. Not a problem for 1 night, the beds were spotle...
Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

WE stayed at this Hotel on Saturday 3/8/13 for one night and it was lovely, ample parking, clean room, very pleasant staff and the food was fantastic. The room was on the small side but it was big enough for one night we stayed in room 12, you could hear people going up and down the stairs but it did not bother us, bathroom was large and lovely, shower was not great but it worked and the water was hot. The bar area was comfortable and modern, the food was lovely i could not fault it, the house wine i did not like, but the staff were happy to change it for another and did not charge me for it, we had an evening meal with drinks and it was still under £60,00, the breakfast the following morning was great, lots of choice and again friendly staff. This Hotel should definitely be a 3 star and not a 2, it was cheap and well worth the visit.

Room Tip: Don't have Room 12 if you don't like to hear people walking up and down the stairs.