“Room lovely, staff not great” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of pentahotel Warrington

pentahotel Warrington
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
“Room lovely, staff not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Room was lovely, very clean and bright! Bed was lovely and comfortable and the bathroom was very nice, although the shower was a little disappointing - felt like it was trickling out! I was a little annoyed with the staff, one in particular took my payment for the room as I was checking in, then just walked off whilst it was processing and didn't even come back, had to ask another member of staff if I could have the receipt the card machine printed off! Terrible service in that instance.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MrAdyyy
Andrew K, General Manager at pentahotel Warrington, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear MrAdyy,

Many thanks for providing me with your feedback, I would like to investigate the check in process you received as it is completely out of character for our staff. Would you be greatful enough to contact me directly via andrew.kendrick@pentahotels.com

On a positive note, I'm delighted that you think our rooms are "lovely" and hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Andrew Kendrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed last night with my girlfriend (Thursday 20th feb) and we are still smiling now,beautiful hotel,which is quiet,peaceful and very trendy,the staff should all be praised as everyone greets you with a smile and are very efficient in what they do!
As well as the free movies (which i think is a brilliant little touch) the breakfast was amazing with a massive choice,

On the whole a wonderful stay in a wonderful hotel.

Would highly reccomend,see you soon penta!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrew K, General Manager at pentahotel Warrington, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Lee_R1985,

Many thanks for your feedback, i'm delighted that we have provided you with a "wonderful stay".

Please also accept my thanks for you email to Philip which was shared with the team to their delight.

We really look forward to seeing you again here in the very near future.

Kenilworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I recently attended on a business trip and found the staff very friendly and helpful. I was booked in for bed an breakfast from Monday to Friday, 4 nights. The rooms are clean, a little on the basic side, but functional and reasonably comfortable. Wifi only seemed to work if you were on the ground floor.

I ordered a beef and ale pie on the first evening along with a drink and after 20 minutes had to remind staff I had ordered the drink, but this was an exception, as generally the service was OK, the meals seemed to take between 20 - 30 minutes from ordering. The beef and ale pie was served on a wooden platter which is not overly practicable, as the gravy seemed to run everywhere once the pie had been cut into. The rest of the meals that week were accptable in quality, but in my opinion pricey. The best 16oz steak was priced at £39.00, which I feel is extortionate for a hotel. The breakfast serving area is nicely laid out with a good range of food was on offer.

I feel the hotel seemed to try to pass itself off as a night club rather than a hotel lounge/ dining area, although this seemed to work. the lounge area having a modern feel to it.

I felt a bit trapped as in there is little to do or see in the local area, as it is on the edge of the Bestwood Business Park and you would need to travel by car to go anywhere. The parking was free for the week when I presented my car park ticket at reception when leaving on the final day.

Overall, not bad, I would give it 8 out of 10, The friendlyness of the staff made me feel more than just another visitor.

Room Tip: Nothing to add
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Arthur B
Dear Arthur B,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide me with such detailed feedback, without feedback we can not improve our service and product.

The main positive for me is the mention of our staff, we aim for all our staff to be helpful and friendly which looks like it certainly had that impression on yourself.

I hope to see you again the next time your working in the area.

Richland, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Spent two nights here on business recently and was surprised to find the changes that were made at the hotel since the last time I stayed there two years ago. At that time is was a Ramada Encore. It was unusual to find the check in desk tied in with the lobby bar. But check in was quick and I was in my room in just a few minutes. The room is plain but has everything you need. And most importantly of all, it was quiet. I just wish it had wifi instead of a cable connection. I ate dinner at the hotel both nights and the service was good as well as a wide selection of food. I was impressed with the breakfast in the morning. There are mini bagels with cream cheese and salmon, my favorite. The orange juice was also very good. If you have business in the Birchwood area this should be your place to stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Andrew K, General Manager at pentahotel Warrington, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Raymond V,

Thank you for your comments, I really hope we do see you again next time your on business in the area. We take alot of pride in our breakfast offering so to hear comments like yours really please's me and the team.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for valentines weekend. It was as nice as the pictures - lovely to look at. Refused to let us check in until 10 past 3 and were quite impolite. Thought nothing of it and bought a drink at the bar. Our room was fine - free sky and nice little touches. The £20 prosecco on ice wasn't on ice at all; overlooked because it was nice. Unfortunately it was 5 miles out of town and due to the weather we decided to stay there because it was a classy bar, although overpriced for drinks and looking at the menu felt the same.

I had pasta which was very fishy and un enjoyable. My partner had pepperoni pizza which he resembled to a Chicago town pizza.

At 2am he realised he had food poisoning! When I complained they told me it was a Chicago town pizza - something which is £1 from a supermarket and they charged £13!!!!!!!! They refused to offer any compensation even though our £130 bill and the loss of his earnings were ruined by the food poisoning, and basically called us liars, offering only to call an ambulance!!!!!! No customer service, no condolences, no effort to be police and amiable what so ever. Disgraceful I would not offer them one more penny.

What a waste of a beautiful bar.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jadebedford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night on Saturday 15th February.
Our room was clean and adequate with everything we needed.
The bar/restaurant area was lovely and relaxing with a great atmosphere. All needs were catered for, wether it be relaxing by candle light on a sofa or playing pool and watching TV.
The food was delicious and well presented in the restaurant and the service was quick and friendly.
The staff were very helpful land friendly at all times and couldn't do enough for you.
Overall the perfect stay!
We look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Lea272,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide me with your excellent feedback.

The team here will be delighted that you had a "Brilliant Stay" and we all hope to see you again in the near future.

Many thanks & kind regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed here over valentines and had one of the most amazing experiences ever. The staff were 1st class Chamil, Andy and even met the chef Alan they were all a credit to the hotel. The bar staff were excellent and very attentive they made us feel like we were relaxing at home.
We had our evening meal in the restaurant and could not fault any of the food or service i was very pleased, when we saw what was on offer for breakfast we were shocked, what a fantastic end to a lovely stay.
The rooms were beatifully decorated and maintained, cleanliness was great, the bathrooms were also fantastic.
The main thing i loved about this hotel were all the quirky pieces around it like the logos on the washroom doors and the playstation available for all guests to use. Attention to detail was brilliant. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and have already started.
Thank you to all the Penta Team who made this a special stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Dear Jannine F,

Thank you so much for your kind comments the team with be delighted that we delivered a "fantastic" stay.

We also received your thank you card today which was a lovely touch. I really hope that we see you again in the near future.