“Good location and value”

Holiday Inn Warrington
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Warrington
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now and has never disappointed. The location is great just off the motorway and useful for getting into town. Always a warm welcome with good service each time. It's value for money and can't fault it at all. Can't go far wrong!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GMWarrington1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear John S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and let us kn ow you had a great stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We booked the HI Warrington at 2 days' notice and were very happy with the cost. Maybe I'm too used to paying London prices for everything! Anyway this property is super easy to find straight off the M6, with a barrieried but free car park. As might be expected in this part of the world every member of staff we came across was friendly.

The twin rooms are the real bonus of this hotel: they are proper US-style with two double beds rather than two single beds. On that basis alone this hotel is awesome. Things were as modern, clean and functional as you'd expect from the Holiday Inn chain. Some furnishings were maybe a little old but it didn't detract from the experience: a typically British bathroom with matching loo roll was a nice touch.

We ended up spending longer than planned in the bar. Again a typical hotel fayre of lager, Guiness and Boddingtons (this is the north west after all!), reasonably priced. Slight annoyance they couldn't take cash payments as they'd 'cashed up' but handled in good humour.

This hotel only really serves M6 motorway traffic, but at the price just a little bit more than Travelodge etc it is much better value with much better facilities and services. Not sure I will ever need to sleep near Warrington on the M6 again but if I do I will happily stay here!

Room Tip: Only 4 floors, surrounded by car park, not sure any rooms are better than others.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear n37077,

Thank you for your great feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I often stay at this hotel due to it's location, right off of the motorway and a few minutes drive to Birchwood Business Park. The hotel also has a large free car park.

The hotel does feel slightly dated in terms of decor but the rooms have always been clean and offer a good nights sleep. The bar area only offers about 4 tables and it's situated near reception, not ideal really. The food i've had at the hotel has always been of reasonable standard, certainly no complaints and I would continue eating at the hotel restaurant as it's handy, good value and exactly what i need.

One thing that really annoys me about Holiday Inn's (hence the average rating) is the cost of WiFi (£10 for 4 hours from memory). I think the Holiday Inn is one of the only larger hotel chains left where WiFi is an additional cost, even in the lobby/bar area.

It's one of the better hotels in the area hence why i often use it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Andy L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are now providing Wifi complimentary to our IHG Rewards Elite members and for all other IHG Rewards members from July 2014. It is well worth joining this free loyalty scheme if you are not a member already.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Warrington in the near future.

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I was surprised how quiet this hotel was considering it's right off the motorway. The staff were really friendly and willing to help. The room was really big, clean and modernly furnished and for the cost, a real bargain. The only negative is the bar area. It's not really much of an area, just a couple of tables by the reception area. It would be better if it was in a separate room away from the front doors.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BabyMoose86
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear BabyMoose86,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased you liked your room and found the team to be friendly during your stay. Please accept my apologies that you did not enjoy your time in the bar.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

A Good hotel easy to find with good motorway connections with free parking , ask the reception for the code to get out. clean operation with new lifts, room double king size beds at back of hotel,quite, ample parking. Food good with the breakfast being best, even a auto pancake maker.
The staff Jayne Andy & Denisa eager to please i look forward to going back. enjoyed it and went off to the wedding refreshed.

Room Tip: Back rooms quieter
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 106Markp106

Dear 106Markp106,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was particularity pleased that you found the hotel clean. I will pass your personal mentions onto Jayne, Denisa and Andrew from our breakfast team.

Once again, thank you and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I spend a great deal of my business overnight stays in Holiday Inns around the country and would have to say that this one falls into the bottom half of that list. The hotel feels dated even though it is well priced.

Located close to a busy (and noisy) roundabout, I wouldn't choose to stay here again. My room and especially the bathroom felt basic, which was a surprised given the other hotels I have stayed in that are part of this chain.

The evening meal and breakfast were OK but beware that there aren't many choices nearby if you fancy a walk to a local restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear ianrippin,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about our hotel. It is good to know you like our friendly staff and food selections that was served. However, I apologize for the areas that we may have fallen short particularly with the accommodations and hotel location. We will use your feedback to help improve on our overall guest experience. If your travel brings you to the area in the future, we hope you give us another chance.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 January 2014

One of the friendliest hotels we have ever stayed in. Food great, rooms comfortable and clean. Stayed 8 nights in between housemove, was not looking forward to staying but had a very relaxing time thanks in particular to all F and B team, particularly, Christine, Jane and Lauren.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank frantic
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear frantic,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your eight day stay with us. I was particularity pleased that you found the hotel comfortable and clean. I will pass your personal mentions onto Lauren, Jane and Christine from our Restaurant.

Once again, thank you and I hope to see you again soon.