“Friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Warrington
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here for a night following concert in Manchester. Room rather tired but bed comfortable. From the moment we arrived at breakfast, the staff were attentive. Food was plentiful and nothing too much trouble for them. I would not hesitate in staying at this hotel again - the staff were so helpful from the moment we arrived.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GMWarrington1, Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear williamwilliams,

Thank you for your great feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

Anthony Millington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This hotel is a usual HI hotel, with clean, standard decor. Great location for Manchester, Chester, Cheshire Oaks etc.
Friendly staff, great breakfast, fantastic pancake maker, the kids really enjoyed making their own.

Negative:- As we are a family of 5 ( children 12, 9 and 5)find it very difficult to find accommodation that will allow us all to spend the quality time together. ..in the same room, however, we often use HI hotels for business and leisure, and decided to ring the number provided online to request permission to accommodate us. They were happy to help with our request.
Though prior arrangement with the reservation team was made regarding this, after we checked in and went to the bar for a drink, duty manager approached us and queried the situation, when I explained what arrangements had been made, he didn't believe me and stated that "this arrangement" is not in their policy. I suggested he rang the HI team and they confirmed my booking was valid. (He was not happy)!
Although manager was apologetic, and offered a complimentary drink, we were just relieved that we didn't have to go home.

Conclusion:- The average family now have 3 children, why do HI (being such a large chain of hotels) not make more effort to accommodate this need? The rooms are plenty big enough.
Possibly charging per person in this scenario would be cheaper for customers than rentng 2 rooms. ....or even rent 1 room and get the 2nd half price! ????

Looks like using HI in the future is out of the question for my family now ( gutted! )

• Stayed March 2014
GMWarrington1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear bearman16,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the confusion with the bedroom allocation. I am pleased that the team was able to recover this for you to be able to enjoy your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Warrington in the near future.

kirkcaldy
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We stay there 8/03/14 , staff were well dressed,polite,cheerful . This was continued to the end of our stay,one night.

Our room was spacious ,spotless .

We had breakfast,for a extra £7 each is good value.. It's buffet style,with a good choices, cold to hot selection. The waitress will ask if you,if want porridge,this made fresh,as with poached eggs , and tea/coffee.

If we were to visit the area again,I would definitely stay there again.

We always find Holiday Inns good .

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank margaretcameron43
Dear margaretcameron43,

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel on Friday 28th February after attending a family funeral. Check in was fast and efficient and we were given a room on the first floor. Unfortunately there was a crowd of people in the room next door and opposite who were extremely inconsiderate and noisy.
We asked to be moved and trhis was done immediately and without question.
The reception staff even offered to move our luggage. I was very impressed with the swiftness that this situation was dealt with. so full marks there.
I had a meal in the restaurant that evening which was just a main course and that was very nice too, freshly cooked and piping hot most enjoyable.
The rooms we occupied were all very clean and well organised with everything we needed. Plenty of towels and hot water.
The only slight disappointment was breakfast the next day. Although we were down quite early
the bacon had dried up under the heat lamps and the sausages were reheated. Fried eggs had been sitting under the heat lamps as well,but I just waited for fresh ones.
I am a chef, so I know how these things should be served. I know I could have just asked for fresh bacon etc, but given that the restaurant was not busy, I shouldn't have to.
The rest of the breakfast was very nice, with a good selection and we were offered more coffe several times ( which is not the case at other Holiday Inns I have stayed in)
All in all this is a very nice hotel and was reasonably priced.
We will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear colint_stuartd,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Please accept my apologies that breakfast was not to a good standard, I will share your feedback with the kitchen team, to ensure appropriate action is taken.

Once again thank you, I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now and has never disappointed. The location is great just off the motorway and useful for getting into town. Always a warm welcome with good service each time. It's value for money and can't fault it at all. Can't go far wrong!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear John S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and let us kn ow you had a great stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We booked the HI Warrington at 2 days' notice and were very happy with the cost. Maybe I'm too used to paying London prices for everything! Anyway this property is super easy to find straight off the M6, with a barrieried but free car park. As might be expected in this part of the world every member of staff we came across was friendly.

The twin rooms are the real bonus of this hotel: they are proper US-style with two double beds rather than two single beds. On that basis alone this hotel is awesome. Things were as modern, clean and functional as you'd expect from the Holiday Inn chain. Some furnishings were maybe a little old but it didn't detract from the experience: a typically British bathroom with matching loo roll was a nice touch.

We ended up spending longer than planned in the bar. Again a typical hotel fayre of lager, Guiness and Boddingtons (this is the north west after all!), reasonably priced. Slight annoyance they couldn't take cash payments as they'd 'cashed up' but handled in good humour.

This hotel only really serves M6 motorway traffic, but at the price just a little bit more than Travelodge etc it is much better value with much better facilities and services. Not sure I will ever need to sleep near Warrington on the M6 again but if I do I will happily stay here!

Room Tip: Only 4 floors, surrounded by car park, not sure any rooms are better than others.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear n37077,

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I often stay at this hotel due to it's location, right off of the motorway and a few minutes drive to Birchwood Business Park. The hotel also has a large free car park.

The hotel does feel slightly dated in terms of decor but the rooms have always been clean and offer a good nights sleep. The bar area only offers about 4 tables and it's situated near reception, not ideal really. The food i've had at the hotel has always been of reasonable standard, certainly no complaints and I would continue eating at the hotel restaurant as it's handy, good value and exactly what i need.

One thing that really annoys me about Holiday Inn's (hence the average rating) is the cost of WiFi (£10 for 4 hours from memory). I think the Holiday Inn is one of the only larger hotel chains left where WiFi is an additional cost, even in the lobby/bar area.

It's one of the better hotels in the area hence why i often use it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Andy L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are now providing Wifi complimentary to our IHG Rewards Elite members and for all other IHG Rewards members from July 2014. It is well worth joining this free loyalty scheme if you are not a member already.