“Comfortable, functional hotel, slightly expensive”

Holiday Inn Warrington
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
Droitwich, United Kingdom
“Comfortable, functional hotel, slightly expensive”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Good sized rooms with a large bed. But slightly noisey due to proximity to main road, Difficult to spot coming off the roundabout as the entrance is hidden by trees. I drove round for ages trying to find it.
Secure parking. Cheerful, staff that try hard, but very Holiday Inn-ish.
It's just the little economies they make that are irritating; only 2 long-life milks in your room for tea and coffee. Also having to pay £5 for an hour's internet connection.
In terms of value for money, it isn't fantastic.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GMWarrington1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Away_On_Business57

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor it is only with such feedback that we can make improvements to better the service which we are able to offer our guests.

We are currently working with our local authority to reduce the number of trees and hedges surrounding the hotel as the land is owned and managed by them and additionally we are looking to get Brown Directional signage installed on the main roundabout which we are just off following signs for Birchwood.

I am also delighted to be able to advise that FREE standard internet becomes available to all IHG Rewards Programme members from 1st July 2014 and if you are not a member then enrollment is free and takes less than 3 minutes giving access to over 4500 hotels worldwide.

We do look forward to being of service to you again in the fuuture and hope to be able to welcome you back

GENERAL MANAGER

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Wales
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Nothing to indiciate where this hotel is when you come to the roundabout nearby - entrance is so near the roundabout and the signs are hidden by trees! Room fine, third floor, apart from the constant hum of something outside. Staff helpful and friendly, food okay, BUT was quite shocked at sharing a lift with a dog, and later watching three huge black hounds dragging its owner through the reception area. A little lad of about three stood frozen. Dogs, in rooms, no not appropraite.

Room Tip: as mentioned previously back rooms do have a slight noise
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank WelshLondoner
Dear WelshLondoner

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback here on TripAdvisor. We note your comments about visibility of the hotel from the roundabout and are working with the local authority who own this land to facilitate some improvements to lines of sight etc. but be rest assure we are still the first turning on the left.

It is good to note that you found us so handy for Manachester as indeed we are for Liverpool too. We are also looking at our Dog friendly policy to ensure that this does not deter other guests from staying at the hotel

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you at the hotel again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

So its been exactly one year since I officially stayed in this hotel and it feels amazing to be back and see some of the staff I used to see all over again.

First and foremost there was a mix up with the dates and times I should be here. But that didn't matter they sorted it out and checked me in 2 weeks early!!!! I also got to check in 2 and a half hours before mid day I was really impressed with that. As usual the hotel goes out of their way to make their guests as comfortable as they can possibly be. I have to make a special thanks to Josie for sorting my mess out, moving my bookings forward, my early check in and late checkouts. She did such an amazing job I couldn't have asked for anything more. I got complimentary 900 points I don't know what that means but hey lol. I had to go to another hotel as they didn't have space for me 1 of the nights but they left the rooms tab open so I could continue to come back to the hotel for dinner etc and charge it to my room. I thought that was so nice of them.

Furthermore I needed help with late checkouts, breakfasts and so on and I have to give special credits to Audra for sorting all my petty problems out. She went to some bizarre lengths to make sure everything was just perfect. From sorting the new room tabs out (remember it was never closed) to I'd be here all day listing all the small things she did, but I'd like to say a personal thank you for being the ONLY member of staff to have ever gone 2000 extra miles to make my stay better.

I would like to thank Anthony the manager for sorting my silly spat out with the hotel. He has been a great and is a really really nice guy. I have never met him but thank you.

The stay

It was a normal 5 star stay with 2 early check ins and 2 late checkouts. They didn't have to do either but they did. The beds were as always comfortable and the air con was a life saver :) I I had extra milks and teas house keeping made sure I was well stocked up.

My room had a total of 4 plug sockets but the internet is slow if you go for their free package. (for browsing) which is nice however I still brought my own. There was nothing I could fault everything was as I expect from this hotel. The rooms are still dated but who am I to comment on the way it looks it doesn't affect my stay.

Breakfast well I had 2 and they let me pay the £10.50 which was nice. Everyone seemed very smily and happy throughout what I can only describe as organized chaos. The staff did a fantastic job handling an enormous amount of people there were like 3 people for the whole restaurant. Pam - what an amazing women she was still making me hot chocs at almost 1am :)

The food was lovely new head chef - lovely guy - lovely food :) My dinner which was a gourmet burger with chips which I thought was exceptionally nice. I didn't eat any of the main meals this time around as I was on a tight budget.

The hotel was clean, tidy, as you would expect from a holiday in. Both my rooms were quiet even the one facing the motorway.

This is still my favorite hotel in my favorite area. I don't know why people complain so much about silly things they do their best even if sometimes they make a few mistakes. I've yet to have any real issues and of course I will be back.

Room Tip: Disabled room ground floor. Rooms with sofa's etc.. facing the car parks exit. Mobile phone cove...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
GMWarrington1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear elixier22

It is a pleasure to be able to have you back with us after such a long time and thank you for taking the time to leave your valued and constructive feedback

I have shared this with the whole team; who as ever welcome this type of encouragement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon and I personally look forward to meeting you on your next visit

Esher, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

.We stayed here whilst on a trip with Newmarket Holidays to Coronation Street. The Hotel was comfortable and clean. The food was OK but the room was noisy with some kind of electrical hum from outside all night. Our room was at the back of the hotel so it might be advisable to ask for a room in the front.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the Hotel might be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Gangdad

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was sorry to hear that your sleep was disturbed by the noise from our fridges and we are looking at how this can be reduced.

I hope that you enjoyed your time at 'Coronation Street Tour' and that we may be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

London
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed here whilst on a coach tour visiting Coronation Street and found this hotel quite pleasant and clean, we had a nice room overlooking the car park on the first floor, comfortable bed for a good nights sleep.
The hotel is situated close to junction 21 of M6 motorway which makes it easy to access Manchester and surrounding areas, we had a choice of food for dinner although this was very early 4 30pm as we had to be at Coronation Street for the tour at 6pm, the breakfast in the morning was more relaxed with a good choice of all of the usual English breakfast items.
We did however find the bar prices quite expensive, so needless to say we did not over indulge with our drinks
We would stay here again if we were visiting this area in the future

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear jontey

Thank you very much for your recent review of the hotel.

It was great to read your comments in regard to the hotel and we do look forwards to welcoming you back to the hotel if you are in the area in the future

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed one night to break a very long journey. The room was ok - a reasonable size but pretty dated and in need of a refresh. We wanted to make an early start in the morning and were surprised to find that breakfast wasn't served until 7:30. Not unreasonable for hot food but we couldn't even get cold food before then. I found this surprising for a hotel based right next to a motorway where I'm sure many customers want to make an early start. We were in the restaurant at 7.30 and were kept waiting for utensils to serve the food. Unfortunately the 'hot' food was cold from having been sat waiting around so long. All in all disappointing.

I wouldn't stay there again. It was fine for the price but a premier inn would have been nicer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GMWarrington1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Car0line7979

Thank you for taking the time to give this valuable feedback about your recent stay. I was sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations at breakfast which does operate from 07:30 at the weekends and Bank Holidays.

Clearly if this is the advertised opening time our offering shhould have been ready for you. I have raised this issue with the Head Chef and Restaurant Manager who would like to offer their apologies too.

Please be assured that we have now put into place a process to ensure that we are fully ready at the alloted times for our guests.

Thanks you once again for your feedback

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Friendly welcome, very nice friendly staff on reception, at the bar and the restaurant, just not as 'plush' as other Holiday Inns. Rooms are looking a bit tired now, and I never complain about the internet in hotels, you never expect it to be lightning fast but it was painfully slow here, ALMOST unusable.
No face cloths/flannels here which is a slight bug bear of mine - most Holiday Inns do provide these.
Decent car park out front but if it gets full you can drive round the back to find more spaces. This isnt obvious when you first pull in.
It is a barrier operated car park as well so make sure you get the code to leave. There is no charge for parking.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GMWarrington1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear sge31

Thank you for taking the time to leave your valued feedback. We have discussed the points which you raised and will be taking the necessary actions to improve in these areas.