“Disgusting dirty hovel”

Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Disgusting dirty hovel”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Booked this hotel at the last minute without reading the reviews BAD MISTAKE !!!! please believe all the reviews left before this. Litter in the corridors that looked to have been there for days carpets were old and ragged there was musty smells in the corridors. The room we were allocated smelt and looked like it had not been decorated for a long time, cobwebs on the walls, bedding had been changed but had not had the best of washes. There was no WIFI reception in the room I had to take my laptop to the bar before I could connect to the net, when I went into the bar there was an over powering smell of stale beer and work men swearing for England with raised voices not very welcoming. We phoned other hotels in the area requesting 2 rooms that night but with no success. My wife and I did not see any point in complaining to a very friendly girl on reception as she was run off her feet going from serving at the bar to reception duties and to be honest I don't think any alternative rooms would be suitable for our stay. There is no Restaurant at the hotel as stated in the advert well at least they don't serve meals on a Friday Saturday and Sunday nights and DO NOT believe the photo's that are shown in the advert depicting a clean and orderly hotel. Breakfast was included in the price but I could not wait to leave and went to a local Toby and paid for breakfast.
AVOID AT ALL COST THIS IS DEFINITELY THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Sale
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The whole place needs huge investment and they need to invest in a good hoover and cleaning cloths.
As you drive up over the moon surface and go past the skip onto the very dark unlit car park your heart starts to sink and things don't get any better when you get inside,
The room was very well worn, filthy with dust everywhere, the bar looked like a sceen from a Charles Dickens book, the breakfast was all cheap food.

IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN 'CHEAP' BUT NOTHING WAS CHEARFUL

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Warrington hotels

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Well dated room.two single bed old then me .and I am 45 dirty mark all over the wall tv about size ov a good I phone .then the bathroom walk in jesus dated our what black mold every were tap black all the way round then handle in bath were so dirty cleaned before got inwhat can I say if you want to stay in cheap and crappy hotel stay our run as fast as you can

• Stayed October 2013
Reviewed 1 October 2013

No hot water in my room for two days, my lights in my room didn't work, the service was slow was at the bar for a good 5 minutes before any staff came out, food took over an hour to come out(only ordered the lasagne).
Bathroom was all mouldy round the edges and finally when I did get food it was cold.....

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We weren't expecting too much, but what we got was far from impressive. There was a chocolate bar wrapper on the floor in my daughter's room, and no sealant around the bath. My room had part of a sweets wrapper and someone's fingernail on the carpet, a barely adequate shower, the extractor fan in the bathroom didn't work, the kettle was dirty so had to be washed before I could use it, and I could have written a long story in the dust that covered every surface. Breakfast was OK, but my partner's egg was more like a hockey puck in consistency and the fresh hash browns that were brought out were almost raw. All in all, not an experience I plan to repeat, and I could not recommend this hotel to anyone else.

• Stayed September 2013
Aberdare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I visited this weekend with my partner and daughter, I must say I was a little worried after reading the hotel reviews on here. Well, I dont know what all the fuss is about !! The room was lovely, it was clean and spacious so what more could you ask for, dont get me wrong the showers could have done with a steam clean on the grout but this is as advatised a BUDGET HOTEL !!
We will deffinatly be back to visit x

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nadine e
Walsall
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice now due to visiting family who live close. Although I haven't eaten here there is a certificate showing grade 4 for food and hygiene dating back to July of this year. The rooms are pretty basic but have everything you need for a short stay. The only thing that bothered me, and I'm sure it's the same in all hotels, is how noisy it can be. All in all nice stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com